Bombers vs Stampeders GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Cal. seemed to march at will when they needed to......Crappy outcome ...but we can't hang our heads after that one...I thought O'Shea should have challenged that last catch by Cal. that put them in the position to win it...nothing to lose at that point except the game.

Why. It was a catch 

Egads the highs and lows in this game.  I'm just stunned.  This game was a microcosm of our season thus far.  Amazing second half that gave us a chance, but if the Bombers play anything resembling decent or even average football in the first half, then we win.

Time to go on another win streak...

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Damned autocorrect

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The team has been making great adjustments after the halftime break all season. Too bad they can't come out like that in the first quarter

I agree.  With what is available now in terms of the number of eyes and technology, they need to make those adjustments before the half.  They are working off the same play card regardless, more an adjustment in what is called and when.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Not a theory at all, that's the rule for a dribbled ball, which is what the call was. You have to be onside in order to recover a dribbled ball, which was negated when Adams touched it

The way Forde was talking about it when it happened he was thinking it was an actual kick where no yards would apply. Trying to recall the play, when it touched Adams there was a Calgary player within 5 yards. Since there was no flag I assume the Calgary guy was onside when the OLineman kicked it? Otherwise shouldn't a flag have been thrown? Or does a "dribbled ball" not allow for no yards to be called? Just as long as long as an offside player doesn't touch it first. 

Basically Adams should have just fallen on the ball. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

The way Forde was talking about it when it happened he was thinking it was an actual kick where no yards would apply. Trying to recall the play, when it touched Adams there was a Calgary player within 5 yards. Since there was no flag I assume the Calgary guy was onside when the OLineman kicked it? Otherwise shouldn't a flag have been thrown? Or does a "dribbled ball" not allow for no yards to be called? Just as long as long as an offside player doesn't touch it first. 

Basically Adams should have just fallen on the ball. Oh well.

They f'd that up all around.

53 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Cal. seemed to march at will when they needed to......Crappy outcome ...but we can't hang our heads after that one...I thought O'Shea should have challenged that last catch by Cal. that put them in the position to win it...nothing to lose at that point except the game.

I believe in the last 3 minutes teams can only challenge PI calls.  If O'Shea threw a flag he would have received a delay of game penalty and the kick would have been even shorter.