Bombers vs Stampeders GDT

Nolby

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Didn't he take a step and a half?

I didn't really analyse it too closely... it just looked really close to me... maybe once I start watching NFL again it skews my opinion on what is and isn't a catch... I was also just curious if anyone else thought that way too... If I'm the only one then I'll concede to being wrong...

it just looked really close to me...

And it was. Close enough to warrant a tense video review with fingers crossed. It's one of those that could have been called the other way, and deemed correct. 

But, no matter, these kind of plays happen all the time. Kind of like almost spilling your drink. (What?)

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I didn't really analyse it too closely... it just looked really close to me... maybe once I start watching NFL again it skews my opinion on what is and isn't a catch... I was also just curious if anyone else thought that way too... If I'm the only one then I'll concede to being wrong...

I thought it was a catch, not obvious, but a catch. I also thought the ball was passed forward after the recovery, which would mean the TD didn't count and we'd get the ball at the point it was passed forward.

44 minutes ago, Mark F said:

wasn't one a touchdown? Pretty sure I saw him trailing a receiver by ten yards or so, (no safety in sight either) who ran right by him into the endzone.

Again, I am going from memory, but did not Mitchell pick on Johnson during the final drive when the Stamps got into position to to kick the winning field goal?

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

No one has really touched on the fumble return TD... Am I the only one who thinks we may have caught a break on that play?... it sure looked to be in and out of the hands of Charbanneau (I think that was the receiver) very quickly... I thought it may have been an incomplete pass... not complaining, just wondering if anyone else thought that too...

He secured the ball and turned upfield establishing himself as a ball carrier.  If he stumbled another step in the same direction towards the sideline he was going when bringing the ball in and lost control it wouldn't have been a catch.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

For it to be a catch all the receiver has to do is posses the ball for a moment in time. There is nothing to do with a making a move.

I thought there was something in there about taking ______ number of steps.....?

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Nope that is not how they look at.  Got that straight from Glen Johnson at the event him and the Bombers put on in May. No football moves just have to posses the mall for a moment in time. Example here is from Banjo Bowl 2015 at 55:30 mark of the video

Said this one should of been a fumble

6 hours ago, tracker said:

Perception or reality, in the last game it sure looked like every time Mitchell needed critical yardage, he victimized Johnson.

I don't think it matters who is in coverage when there is no heat on the QB. BLM and his receivers had all day to work open and get a pass. Was Bo even hurried a few times? I can't remember seeing it.

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I thought it was a catch, not obvious, but a catch. I also thought the ball was passed forward after the recovery, which would mean the TD didn't count and we'd get the ball at the point it was passed forward.

You're right. Forward lateral. They commented on it on OB.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:04 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Again, disagree, there's more than one 'correct' way to play certain situations. it comes down to philosophy and style. Not all defensive coordinators are the same. All 'correct' ways can get beat. It's like being up by a goal in hockey. one 'correct' way is to tighten up defensively. another 'correct' way is too keep pressing. 

lol, the old, 'if it works, it's the right call, if it doesn't it was the wrong call' argument.

If Mitchell was forced to hold the ball for an extra second or two on both those passing plays, there's no time left on the clock to kick the field goal. Calgary's execution was just flawless and they deserve massive credit for pulling it off.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Gave up 3 catches for 47 yards.

im guessing your looking only at position charts and line ups. We dont play 100% zone defense, and Dbs switch cover targets. Some times on certain looks, other times during rub routes where the wrs patter takes him cross face on the db. especially during back peddle. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

lol, the old, 'if it works, it's the right call, if it doesn't it was the wrong call' argument.

If Mitchell was forced to hold the ball for an extra second or two on both those passing plays, there's no time left on the clock to kick the field goal. Calgary's execution was just flawless and they deserve massive credit for pulling it off.

Sorry you've missed the point as per my original post. I'm not suggesting the call I think should have been called is the 'right' one and the one actually called is the 'wrong' one. As I stated it comes to style and approach in how you call a defence in certain situations.