Chris Jones Post Game

rebusrankin

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

if it's a penalty at the start of a game it should still be a penalty at the end of the game too. I hate this idea that it's OK to cheat when it's late in a game but not early, it sort of invalidates the early part of the game. 

I don't think it was PI at all, so it wasn't cheating, but it was a close call. Most of the time the really close calls don't get called at the end of tight games. I'm sure you would have been pissed if it had gone against us instead of for us.

The PI certainly wasn't the only thing that allowed us to win and the DB doesn't have to let Dressler come back to the ball if he has inside position. I could see the call happening in the beginning of the game, but in the last minute of a tied game? I wouldn't have called it and I don't think the refs should have either.

You had me until you implied the ref should make his own decision based on the point in the game. If there is a penalty, in his opinion, and his is the only one that counts in this situation, then he has to throw the flag. To not throw the flag means he made a conscious choice that affects the outcome of the game. That's something we do not want. 

The point of the game shouldn't matter. Whether or not it's a penalty, does matter.

It was a real nitpick PI call.  But we have seen a ton of those, all year.   And we will see more.  If you use bad breath on a guy, past the 5 yards....out comes the flag.  Every team takes it's turn in that particular barrel....yesterday, it was the Riders turn.  

As far as Jones, and his comments......have seen at least 3-4 Rider games, where Jones's game coaching has simply not been up to the mark.  Blaming refs and hinting at conspiracies, after that game... is simply having deflector shields on full, and Rider Nation on stun...as far as the terrible job (s) being done...

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think it was PI at all, so it wasn't cheating, but it was a close call. Most of the time the really close calls don't get called at the end of tight games. I'm sure you would have been pissed if it had gone against us instead of for us.

Which it has before which makes this win no more no less satisfying because of it.

In a way Jones and Pedersen are exposing the stupidity and sheep nature of "ridernation". Cuz instead of going on about turnovers and really bad coaching they are spewing conspiracy. There is no conspiracy tho.  There is a coach tho who is doing everything he can to cover his own ass. And a Shill who is spreading the message to the fans who seem to lack the football iq to see that they have bigger problems. It's genius stuff actually and proving how stupid their fan base actually is 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

In a way Jones and Pedersen are exposing the stupidity and sheep nature of "ridernation". Cuz instead of going on about turnovers and really bad coaching they are spewing conspiracy. There is no conspiracy tho.  There is a coach tho who is doing everything he can to cover his own ass. And a Shill who is spreading the message to the fans who seem to lack the football iq to see that they have bigger problems. It's genius stuff actually and proving how stupid their fan base actually is 

This is definitely the reality of "Rider Nation" but, at the end of  the day, those sheep spend an epic amount of money on merch  and make them one of the richest teams in Canada... Any sport. 

Corky and  Pom pom Pedersen belong in Sask....They lap that kind of stuff up there...I know a lot of fans are fooled by these characters BUT there are smart ones (okay not many) who aren't...The only problem is the bright guys are washed out by the green kool aid gang...Eventually they'll get heard and realize they're being duped....Guess it'll take awhile....maybe after they endure a 1-17 season.

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

In a similar theory, J and P are doing no favours to themselves or their fans by lying, spinning, conspiracy theories, and not taking responsibility. By calls such as bad challenges, by taking bad 3rd down  gambles, and using excessive numbers of players to start the games, cheating on the PR, he is setting a bad example for players to follow. His players begin to believe it's not about hard work, practice and managing risk, it's about ill advised trickery.

For all I care, they can continue to bury their heads and not face the truth of why they are losing so badly. Their record is now 6 wins and 40 losses, since September 2014 and they deserve it. MOS is miles ahead by working through his issues, including not rehiring poor performing coaches.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is definitely the reality of "Rider Nation" but, at the end of  the day, those sheep spend an epic amount of money on merch  and make them one of the richest teams in Canada... Any sport. 

I believe in all sports 80% of the fan-base for any team knows little more about the actual team then what the MSM reports on, and simply goes by the win-loss record the club achieves and the product they see on the field.  Within this group there is and will continue to be enormous discontent with Jones and his methods throughout Sask. and if this season plays out the way it's going, game attendance and merchandise sales will begin to take a hit once they move to their new stadium.

First of all, he clearly hooks his arm into Dressler and I challenge anybody to watch it again and say he didn't. Once you hook, its a PI. Watch it again and see how Dressler gets pulled back and a little over to one side. Saying this wasn't PI is like saying the roughing call on Bass was the wrong call.

"Sleeping on it didn't change a thing.  The end of the 2016 Labour Day Classic is still just as sickening Monday morning as it was Sunday night.  The Blue Bombers beat the Roughriders 28-25 in a game referee Andre Proulx's staff awarded to Winnipeg, with the assistance of the CFL's Command Centre in Toronto"

"I am the voice of the team and this is how the team feels today"

"A conspiracy?  I floated that notion a month ago and people laughed but now everyone has woken up and smelled the coffee."

"That's ... if they thought the phantom Pass Interference penalty on Rider DB Justin Cox with the game on the line was an error at all"

" However boycotting Rider road games is not the way to go.  You're only punishing yourselves. Watching the Saskatchewan Roughriders play live - no matter their record - is a sacred experience and not one to be missed. "

"  Would Chris Jones have had a challenge left under the old rules ...  I don't know"

" In how many games now have questionable Pass Interference challenges gone against Roughrider defensive backs andfor opposition defensive backs? "

" They know that the Riders drive this league.  Hopefully they can inform Mayberry. "

How does this guy have a job?

There should be more of a concern for that guy's mental health than anything else.  Holy crap is he deluded.  It's a game.

I told the powers-that-be my thoughts on the CFL braintrust way back at the start of training camp and now you're all seeing why.

How does this get fixed?  That'll be a discussion for the off-season however with this season now over for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, I suppose we could convene a few meetings now since there's no playoff planning to do.

Perhaps Commissioner Jeffrey Orridge can explain it when he comes to Saskatchewan for Plaza of Honor in two weeks.

Honestly I feel sorry for Orridge.  A lot of people want his job.  That's got to be an uneasy feeling.

Has this guy lost touch with reality?  Or is this all a gimmick?

Edited by JuranBoldenRules