Chris Jones Post Game

rebusrankin

Just now, Bomberfan85 said:

Over on Riderfans, some guy wants to start an online petition to "Save the CFL" basically because a close call didn't go their way. The Bombers should start winning Labour Day every year. The aftermath is hilarious!

I have never seen such an entitled fan base in professional sports.

20 hours ago, KyleK said:

I should have known better than to read Rod's article this morning. Threw up in my mouth way too many times.

wow that guy really has no idea.  

he sounds like the idiots we overheard in McDonald's the morning after the '09 grey cup who were saying they should have to replay the game because the ending was bad.

this is the idiocy of the rider fan.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Two very questionable 3rd down gambles that failed

Two blown challenges

Gave up the wind, with the 2nd half choice

"working the officials" - non-stop

Jones did his part, in that Rider loss.  Watching a number of Rider games....his in-game decision making has been questionable, all year.  

You forgot about the faked punt.

This is the result of the league fawning over them for the last decade.  They believe the press and the hype of being “Canada’s Team” and there is now a sense of entitlement in their fan base. Sucks to find out you really aren’t special I guess.

In a league without revenue sharing, to suggest that they are the economic drivers of the league is ridiculous.

Yes, they have high attendance and their fans spend an insane amount of money on merchandise, but most of that only benefits the Riders.  It doesn’t benefit Toronto, BC, or Hamilton, or any of the teams that struggle financially.   So if they want to stop spending their money in protest, fine, but they will mostly be hurting the Riders.

Maybe they should wonder why now, after years of being “Canadas Team”, there is suddenly a conspiracy against them.  Maybe they should look in the mirror and realize that they hired a mercenary who has a history of low morals and they are now reaping what they sow.

If you want to be considered the model franchise of the league, then act like it, in everything you do.

19 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

"A sacred experience" lol it's a football game man.

I looked up sacred

"Sacred means revered due to sanctity and is generally the state of being holy (perceived by religious individuals as associated with divinity) or sacred (considered worthy of spiritual respect or devotion; or inspiring awe or reverence among believers)."

Describing going to a sask roughriders game as sacred experience..... don't know what to say about that.

Edited by Mark F

44 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't get how he can repeatedly slander the league with no reprocussions

Yah, I don't get this bit either, Pedersen is literally putting his PR position in jeopardy with these repeated attacks on the league.  Can't imagine Bob Irving ever doing something so classless.   All that has to happen is for these attacks to garner the attention of TSN or a league sponsor that Rod is "damaging the product" and word will come down from on high for the Riders to sever all relations with the moron.  On that day Rod will be the saddest little boy in Regina.

You know I knew that Rider fans were fair weather and band wagon fans, but it just bottles the mind to see them reacting like they are this season. Your team sucks and has since day 1 of the season but the only possible explanation is that the league is screwing them over... not the way Jones took a hatchet to the roster? Not the side show like atmosphere he's fostered there with the short rope for players? I mean we saw the same **** here with Mike Kelly and didn't cry conspiracy, we just said yeah Kelly is a clown and he's hurting the team. The Riders are fortunate that they have Durant who is a real good qb otherwise it would be even uglier. 

Im actually a bit disappointed the league hasnt told the Riders to knock it off with the conspiracy stuff.  Are they intimidated by the Riders?  If Pederson wants to accuse the officials of fixing the game or the league conspiring, thats his right (unless it crosses into slander) as a private citizen but as an employee of the team?  The team should be punished for that.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im actually a bit disappointed the league hasnt told the Riders to knock it off with the conspiracy stuff.  Are they intimidated by the Riders?  If Pederson wants to accuse the officials of fixing the game or the league conspiring, thats his right (unless it crosses into slander) as a private citizen but as an employee of the team?  The team should be punished for that.

Is he an employee though?

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know I knew that Rider fans were fair weather and band wagon fans, but it just bottles the mind to see them reacting like they are this season. Your team sucks and has since day 1 of the season but the only possible explanation is that the league is screwing them over... not the way Jones took a hatchet to the roster? Not the side show like atmosphere he's fostered there with the short rope for players? I mean we saw the same **** here with Mike Kelly and didn't cry conspiracy, we just said yeah Kelly is a clown and he's hurting the team. The Riders are fortunate that they have Durant who is a real good qb otherwise it would be even uglier. 

Did you mean boggles or bottles because I could imagine the pickling effect of listening to the conspiracy theory. This is a pretty elaborate conspiracy as it included a ghostly hand pulling the challenge flag out of Jones pocket after he watched the replay of an obvious no catch that happened to occur in the end zone. 

I know I was a little pickled anyway. Polish potato vodka mixed with various juices works admirably as a pickling agent.

The more I watch the replay of the PI, the more I am convinced it was the correct call. Even after the game I thought maybe we got away with one, but the Rider DB is basically hooked onto Dressler's arm through the entirety of his route. It can't even be called hand fighting because I didn't see Dressler do anything but try to get his arm free.

The most hilarious part of the whole Rider fan meltdown is the lack of acknowledgement of the fact that, contrary to everything they have told themselves over the last few years, they are not special. Actually, I take that back. Two losing seasons has resulted not in the usual calls to fire the coach or the GM, but rather the mass production of tin foil hats, boycotts and misguided petitions to the league they claim to have created.

They are special.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The more I watch the replay of the PI, the more I am convinced it was the correct call. Even after the game I thought maybe we got away with one, but the Rider DB is basically hooked onto Dressler's arm through the entirety of his route. It can't even be called hand fighting because I didn't see Dressler do anything but try to get his arm free.

The most hilarious part of the whole Rider fan meltdown is the lack of acknowledgement of the fact that, contrary to everything they have told themselves over the last few years, they are not special. Actually, I take that back. Two losing seasons has resulted not in the usual calls to fire the coach or the GM, but rather the mass production of tin foil hats, boycotts and misguided petitions to the league they claim to have created.

They are special.

Exactly the same from me. If jones had a Challenge left (if only the CFL headquarters hadn't changed the rule knowing it would screw the riders) repeated review would have showed the hooking action. The arm was hooked and used as was mentioned before as leverage to pull in front of the receiver to make the interception. The call would have stood the review and even more steam would be blowing out Jones's ears.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

This is the result of the league fawning over them for the last decade.  They believe the press and the hype of being “Canada’s Team” and there is now a sense of entitlement in their fan base. Sucks to find out you really aren’t special I guess.

In a league without revenue sharing, to suggest that they are the economic drivers of the league is ridiculous.

Yes, they have high attendance and their fans spend an insane amount of money on merchandise, but most of that only benefits the Riders.  It doesn’t benefit Toronto, BC, or Hamilton, or any of the teams that struggle financially.   So if they want to stop spending their money in protest, fine, but they will mostly be hurting the Riders.

Maybe they should wonder why now, after years of being “Canadas Team”, there is suddenly a conspiracy against them.  Maybe they should look in the mirror and realize that they hired a mercenary who has a history of low morals and they are now reaping what they sow.

If you want to be considered the model franchise of the league, then act like it, in everything you do.

If you believe the hype though, the Rider fans firmly believe that they also drive up attendance across the league as they have such strong fan bases in other cities.  This can be supported by the fact that when you watch a Sask-Calgary game for instance, half the stands are green even if the game is in Calgary.  So the thinking is that the fans punish the CFL by just not attending Rider games on the road.  Which is a stupid theory, but it is what it is.  I went to a Jets/Coyotes game and a Cardinals/Seattle NFL game in Phoenix in early January and there were people in Rider jerseys at both games.  Who wears a Rider jersey to a hockey game????

Edited by kelownabomberfan