Official LDC GDT: Game Day, We All Play!

Noeller

44 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ripper, Ripper, Ripper.  With a guy like Pedersen ready, willing and able to prostitute himself anytime, anywhere, anyhow  Corky and company tell him to, do you really think a Rider fan should comment on any other media person in the entire universe?

Not sure if this is hard for some of you to understand but one is a reporter for TSN, a national sports channel and the other is a radio guy for a local radio station. Big difference

56 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

For all the ripping on 'the' penalty call of the game, once you insert your arm inside the receiver's arm, that's pretty much it for getting a call. Like it or not, close call or not, end of the game or not, it's still a penalty.

glad it was against Dress too LOL

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Not sure if this is hard for some of you to understand but one is a reporter for TSN, a national sports channel and the other is a radio guy for a local radio station. Big difference

Being a radio guy for a local station is no excuse for throwing all objectivity out the window. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Even if that were it (which I don't think is fair -- both should be objective), Gary Lawless might have more Bomber info living in Winnipeg, but he has often/always been very harsh on the Blue Bombers and many of its players/coaches. Just look at old threads on this forum alone to see all the griping about his writing. So to say he's always been a huge Bomber booster isn't even close to factually correct -- and there are dozens and dozens of editorials, stories, and radio archives to prove this fact.

ALSO, his tweet re: Pedersen wasn't a shot at the Riders or pro-Bombers. It was a very funny and accurate response to what would surely be a lot of displeasure coming from Pedersen's Twitter account, based on years of history and especially plenty of evidence since the practice roster fines.

Hey there was a few, but when the Bombers were losing consistently, we weren't all in here talking league conspiracy, giving up on the CFL, officials conspiracy blah, blah, blah, ... waah, waah, waah. Many of these bandwaggon Riderfans sure sound like the fairweather variety LOL ...

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

Being a radio guy for a local station is no excuse for throwing all objectivity out the window. 

I agree. For the record I am not a fan of Rod Pederson either, but he isn't associated with a National tv station so he doesn't have to be objective in the same way that Lawless does/ should.

20 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I agree. For the record I am not a fan of Rod Pederson either, but he isn't associated with a National tv station so he doesn't have to be objective in the same way that Lawless does/ should.

You still haven't pointed to a legitimate instance where Lawless wasn't objective and was acting like a homer for the Bombers. As I said, I can go link to you many articles where it seemed he was doing the OPPOSITE (and as I said, there are many threads on this forum bemoaning the negativity of some of the media who cover the Bombers).

Just look at the way both media and fans of the team in each city/province respond to the team and you'll see what homerism is. If the Bombers were in the Riders' situation right now, and had lost the Banjo Bowl to go 1-9 on a borderline call at the end of the game, do you think we'd all be talking conspiracy, how the refs and the league and the Commissioner are out to get us, and that we're only losing because of that? No. A large majority of Bomber fans would be calling out the coaches, players, GM, etc. (See: 2012-2015 for recent examples.) Even after extending our winning streak to 5, there's still lots of (mostly valid) criticism of the team on here.

There are some Rider fans, and obviously some Rider media, who understand the game and can look objectively at their team -- whether the team is winning or losing. But there's something about the green and white that takes illogical homerism to another level. (I see it first-hand with many members of my family, as my mom's side are all Rider fans.)

Well. All you have to do to see or hear extreme rider homerism is listen to "the greatest fans in the league" after every missed pass or dropped ball or basically if the O doesn't complete a pass... massive booing wanting refs to call a penalty thar just wasn't there. Greatest fans in the league? Some might but but lots seem to be poorly educated in terms of football. The Football IQ of the majority of that Rider Crowd is not very high.

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'll wait for Ripper to say Climie is a Bomber fan through and through :D

People have different opinions on it I guess. Milt Stegall thought it was a bad call.  Who cares who thought what. The call stands and you won the game. I didn't like the call 

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Here's the difference. One is a Winnipeg based reporter who's work was deemed credible enough to be hired by a major national sports media outlet, the other is some ******* loon running a blog from his basement in Regina. While that may be a significant achievement in the gap, it's really doesn't add up.

Edited by ediger

WAH...WAH ..WAH....cripes are those rider fans whiners...Next they'll want the league office to call and give them an apology for that last penalty call...Oh wait a minute...we know what that's all about as we have received a few of those ourselves...Learn to live with it saskabush...bad calls are made and as I remember, one was a definite game changer on us last year...Accept the apology (although that penalty was borderline, it was a penalty) and get on with it..Nice to have the jinx GONE and we are in good shape to make it a sweep and take the banjo....plunk..plunk...plunk. lol

10 hours ago, Ripper said:

How is lawless saying he's going to stay away from pedersons timeline a shot at the riders? Or an applause for the bombers? Pedersons timeline was probably full of **** like usual. Saying it doesn't make someone a bomber homer. Lol

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Rod Pedersen has taken the homerism to a whole new level this year and quite honestly, the way he keeps crying, I'm not quite sure WHAT the league can do about it but I'm thinking it might not be long before they do something.

TSN played the radio audio of the punt return in their highlight package and that was right up there with guys calling Texas high school games.

14 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Travis Bond: Hands to the face penalty.

By my count this is the fourth one this year.

What's up with that?

The league is making a conscious effort to watch for that penalty, they have been all year.  I guess Bond just gets his hands up high a little too frequently.  He basically mauls whoever is in front of him.