John Bowman

LimJahey

Just watched sportscentre and this dude is going off about the officiating, IMO we got the shafted on the PI calls. Why is it that every team except the Bombers complains about the officiating and we never hear anything about it?

oh yeah he said if never got any holding calls all our guys should be in the NFL :D

Edited by LimJahey

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.  After years of watching the Bombers get ripped off by bad calls, non-calls, & phantom calls, it's par for the course.  Look at how officials let TO's oline resort to holding Westerman by the facemask in the last game.

Bowman is also a vet and seems like an otherwise good character guy.  When he lost his cool he also forgot that it's the retaliation that gets called way more often than not.

59 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

Just watched sportscentre and this dude is going off about the officiating, IMO we got the shafted on the PI calls. Why is it that every team except the Bombers complains about the officiating and we never hear anything about it?

oh yeah he said if never got any holding calls all our guys should be in the NFL :D

we easily got the worst of it for the penalties. Some awful PI calls. Doesnt help mos  blew his 2nd challenge on a pointless play in the 2nd q. 

Bowman is probably mad because he can see the Als. season getting flushed...Real pro's don't lose their cool especially at crucial times of the game....He should have called out his fellow teammate Glenn who did his usual 'throw the game away trick'...That's where his frustration should have gone not at the refs....Every team is a victim of bad calls and I for one have learned to accept that fact, and tend to think they all even out eventually.

Might be more frustration from a guy who is closer to the end of his career realizing that perhaps his team just isn't very good. I mean it's one thing to be called for unnecessary roughness right but to get the other penalty from yapping 2 much? How you justify that. 

Also he should have a talk with his buddy chip cox sucker about unnecessary roughness calls. 2 vets costing the als significant field position on a critical drive 

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Might be more frustration from a guy who is closer to the end of his career realizing that perhaps his team just isn't very good. I mean it's one thing to be called for unnecessary roughness right but to get the other penalty from yapping 2 much? How you justify that. 

Also he should have a talk with his buddy chip cox sucker about unnecessary roughness calls. 2 vets costing the als significant field position on a critical drive 

That Cox hit out of bounds went beyond cheapness. he should be fined. I'd like to say suspended but the way suspension appeals are handled, well... what a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Montreal was doing late and unnecessary crap to our ball carriers pretty much every down.  Venable and Hebert could take a 15 or objectionable conduct pretty much every down.  If there's ever a team that shouldn't complain about refs it's Montreal.

Hebert actually gave the cheap shot that effectively started the end of Jon Cornish's career.

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup Chip Cox handed Winnipeg the FG that made it 22 - 18 and then Bowman gave the Bombers 25 yards on their long drive that ended in a TD.  Two veterans who should know better that cost their team big, though it didn't help that KG went into his familiar shell in the second half and did absolutely nothing, before firing a perfect pass into Loffler's mitts to seal the game.

I thought the Bowman shot should not have been called...the refs need to let that stuff go (but the retaliation almost always get called). 

However, I will take it, as the Bombers have had more than their fair share of stupid calls go against them.

The Chip Cox call on the other hand? Yeah that guy is by far the dirtiest guy in the league - and has been for yerars

I understand Bowman's frustration. His call against Bond was a joke but his taking another 10 was all on him. He should have known better and the rest of the game was fairly called I don't feel that either team was unfairly punished. The missed PIs were caught on challenge. 

I think Bowman is just frustrated in general. He is used to winning and there hasn't been much of that in Montreal. He know though that directly slamming the O will only get him in hot water again so he scapegoats the refs. 

From what has happened in the past he will likely be fined for talking publicly about the officiating.

2 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

I understand Bowman's frustration. His call against Bond was a joke but his taking another 10 was all on him. He should have known better and the rest of the game was fairly called I don't feel that either team was unfairly punished. The missed PIs were caught on challenge. 

I think Bowman is just frustrated in general. He is used to winning and there hasn't been much of that in Montreal. He know though that directly slamming the O will only get him in hot water again so he scapegoats the refs. 

From what has happened in the past he will likely be fined for talking publicly about the officiating.

Plus Bowman has darned few years left as an elite player or a starter, so he likely would want to go out as a winner, or at least on a winning team.

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Who could use him though?  Other than the Riders?

I was trying to figure out Bowman's short fuse. He has been an all-star for so long that he has to be frustrated and embarrassed at ending his career with such a sad assortment of teammates. Every athlete would like to go out as a winner.