Thank you, admin/mods

Jacquie

I was just over at Rider Fans checking out the delusional posting that is going on over there after reading about it here. After reading one thread in particular it really made me appreciate (again) how great MBB and the mods are. The way this forum is moderated is so superior to RF it ain't even funny. Here the rules are applied fairly (IMO) and when things get out of hand the reaction is swift. At RF, it seems like the rules only apply to posters who are critical of the Rider organization and/or are perceived to be fans of other teams. Anyone who posts anything perceived to be negative is labelled a "troll" and can be called every name in the book without the mods stepping in while the so-called "troll" will be banned at the drop of a hat even when what they post is factually correct. 

Again, thank you to everyone - admin, mods and posters - for making this such a great place to post. 

Edited by Jacquie

I agree, well said.

I went to check out RF after seeing this thread....and wow hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Those guys are delusional haha.   The idiotic posts about the commish and Jones are ripe for comedy.   Although I will say some of them are taking their fines as justified.  Some were complaining they league should have warned them first, too bad.

5 minutes ago, basslicker said:

I agree, well said.

I went to check out RF after seeing this thread....and wow hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Those guys are delusional haha.   The idiotic posts about the commish and Jones are ripe for comedy.   Although I will say some of them are taking their fines as justified.  Some were complaining they league should have warned them first, too bad.

What they really don't understand is that if they hadn't been flaunting so many rules and being fined already then they probably would have been warned about that. But when you put the target on your back and the league rules won't let the league really come down on you for the big things then you better believe that you don't get any benefit of the doubt for the little things. The Riders are going to be watched like a hawk from the league as long as Jones is there being his dickhead self and there is no leeway from the league for anything when it comes to the Riders. They are the problem child and they will be disciplined for absolutely everything because of past bad behaviour. 

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What they really don't understand is that if they hadn't been flaunting so many rules and being fined already then they probably would have been warned about that. But when you put the target on your back and the league rules won't let the league really come down on you for the big things then you better believe that you don't get any benefit of the doubt for the little things. The Riders are going to be watched like a hawk from the league as long as Jones is there being his dickhead self and there is no leeway from the league for anything when it comes to the Riders. They are the problem child and they will be disciplined for absolutely everything because of past bad behaviour. 

I can tell you sure as ****, that Mr. Orridge is taking his marching orders on this from the collective of ownership around the league. They have been playing fast and loose with the league's internally policed honor system. You don't go poaching other teams entire coaching staffs during Grey Cup week, you don't go tampering with players, you don't try to buy a winner by setting up a competitive advantage outside the boundaries of the rules, and you most certainly don't give off the appearance that you don't give a **** while you're doing it.

Orridge gave them a ***** slap. Does anyone truly believe that it wasn't orchestrated by the rest of the league's owners? Riderfans may not like it but this was the warning shot across the bow from the rest of the league. Start acting with some dignity and class or the rest of the league will put the screws to you.

Edited by gcn11

I think what the best part of this place is, is that most of the posters here aren't just Bomber fans, there's a whole lot of people here who are yes Bomber fans, but also fans of the league as a whole who have a great understanding of the CFL and other teams and don't just go on and on and on about how great everything blue is. 

4 hours ago, do or die said:

In light of recent events, they are talking crackdown on "trolls" over at RF.   Still awaiting a clear definition of that particular term.

Troll - a poster who says things we dont like but whose comments arent covered by the official code of coduct. But we will ban you anyway for being a troll.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They are so insulated from the rest of the league they actually believe the crap that their homer media spews. 

Some of them genuinely believe the Riders are victims. Astonishing given the ones who consider themselves to the "smart" fans arent admonishing them for that.

Simply admitting they have a dumpster fire going on has proven impossible 

I used to post on Riderfans over a decade ago. Almost every member on that site were good people. Then, as been said, some of the new posters came on & started to insult me & other non Rider fans that were there. After awhile I just said **** it & left. haven't been there in over 10-11 years. Never will go back.

9 hours ago, do or die said:

...amazed then, that I am still around

I perused the rf board the other day.... the one young fool completely embarrassed himself with his pitiful attempts to disagree with your comments.  

Apparently if anyone speaks ill of the green or if you decide to use facts and the truth to back your own arguments... the only reply they have is calling you names and suggesting...

07fc212952074cbc202deb205beb277ef83c6c92