Thank you, admin/mods

Jacquie

I'm through with reading the Rider forum, it used to be mildly amusing and a good place to pickup on CFL news as there are so many active posters.  In the last while there is virtually no football discussion and it has turned into abusive attacks against anyone that doesn't fully support Chris Jones and his unethical management style, which the Mods. accept blindly.  The place is teaming with unsavoury ass clowns.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm through with reading the Rider forum, it used to be mildly amusing and a good place to pickup on CFL news as there are so many active posters.  In the last while there is virtually no football discussion and it has turned into abusive attacks against anyone that doesn't fully support Chris Jones and his unethical management style, which the Mods. accept blindly.  The place is teaming with unsavoury ass clowns.

I am surprised anyone is posting on that forum right now.  Aren't they all on their combines threshing their wheat?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 8/15/2016 at 0:22 PM, do or die said:

In light of recent events, they are talking crackdown on "trolls" over at RF.   Still awaiting a clear definition of that particular term.

Based on this definition - won't the RF forum ban every forum user and self-implode?

Edited by Eternal optimist
I'm an idiot

Just my 2 cents here. When the team is playing as bad as we are for the second year in a row, wouldn't you expect the fans to be mad a bout it. Yes there are some way out there posts and things of that nature. There is a lot of active posters and riderfans is the go to site for cfl news daily and that's why fans of all the teams post there. I honestly don't understand why that would matter to any of you, pretty simple, if you don't like it then click elsewhere.

It definitely shouldn't matter, and I think it's kinda lame that we have a thread this long dedicated to what's going on at RF.com........

..........that said.......after everything we've gone through in the last 10 years or so, we're going to take a LOT of joy in seeing our arch-rival go through something similar. A LOT........

31 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Just my 2 cents here. When the team is playing as bad as we are for the second year in a row, wouldn't you expect the fans to be mad a bout it. Yes there are some way out there posts and things of that nature. There is a lot of active posters and riderfans is the go to site for cfl news daily and that's why fans of all the teams post there. I honestly don't understand why that would matter to any of you, pretty simple, if you don't like it then click elsewhere.

Because the whining is funny, that's why.

Bit of overview, as I have spend some time over there:

At the beginning of this season.....RF was just brimming with pretty strident, snide, and real contemptuous comments about how the Bombers were trying to build the wrong way, though FA, with "declining veterans", Harris,  Smith and Dressler..... Walters was an inept GM who would have to do plenty of  "scrap heaping" to put together a losing roster, team had no depth, etc, etc..   

Meanwhile Jones/Murphy and their amazing scouting staff would instantly turn the Riders into a playoff contender....and create some sort of dynasty, in the very near future.  

Hasn't quite turned out that way.   Anyone with a objective eye... would realize that taking over a pretty lousy roster in Sask (end of last year), then applying a big bundle of dynamite to it....would take you right back to ground zero.  At least a 2 year job to fix this thing.  A lot of the current anger, over there... stems from the unrealistic expectations, placed on Jones, in the first place.

In addition, Jones the rookie GM has had some bumps and lumps, along the road in recruitment, trades and his own FA's.  Jones the DC, currently has the worst D in the league.  Jones the coach, has also had some in-game and roster issues.  

When some of us attempted to point out the improved depth on the Bomber roster....well, there was plenty of ha ha, ho ho, in response.

The Bombers beat the Argos with 2 rookie OL, 3 rookie receivers and 4 rookie DB's.     That is called depth.  To put this into further perspective - it is Walter's 3rd year...

Meanwhile, somewhat ironically.... it has been the Riders, installing a revolving door to their clubhouse and "scrap heaping" wildly in all directions.

As far as the cheating thing.....Rider fans were completely correct in the stance that "everyone does it".   But Jones simply saw fit to take the existing rules, and in a not so subtle manner....  drive an 18 wheeler right through them, and back it up over them again.  When a nail sticks up that far above the others.....it is the one that will get hammered down.

As far as people cranking on Riders fans about this - it was in fair measure...their response to these revelations, that helped turn up the heat.   BLM was blamed,  Orrage  was blamed, the (not kidding here)...league wide envy of the Riders, was blamed, the CFL as a league, was conspiring against them.......and so on.  It was even suggested that the CFL should dare not single out the "flagship franchise" of the league.  

Everybody blamed, by a lot of Rider fans - except for Chris Jones.  

Good news is that the shouting has begun to die down, and folks are talking football again. 

RF is a very active board with real passionate fans, who live and die, with the ole football team - I will never knock them for that.

Edited by do or die

1 hour ago, do or die said:

As far as people cranking on Riders fans about this - it was in fair measure...their response to these revelations, that helped turn up the heat.   BLM was blamed,  Orrage  was blamed, the (not kidding here)...league wide envy of the Riders, was blamed, the CFL as a league, was conspiring against them.......and so on.  It was even suggested that the CFL should dare not single out the "flagship franchise" of the league.  

Great post.  If they were the great fans they ALL claim to be, you'd figure they would be smart enough to direct their displeasure in the right direction. 

You know I would never hire Chris Jones no matter how good he is at his job. You can't trust the guy. He has bailed for bigger and better things every step of the way often in messy and shady ways. That's just a bad situation from my standpoint. What if things take too long in Saskatchewan and he feels the heat but say Montreal comes calling, does he up and bail for that? 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know I would never hire Chris Jones no matter how good he is at his job. You can't trust the guy. He has bailed for bigger and better things every step of the way often in messy and shady ways. That's just a bad situation from my standpoint. What if things take too long in Saskatchewan and he feels the heat but say Montreal comes calling, does he up and bail for that? 

Can't see the Bombers BOD ever putting up with that kind of non-sense and surprised the Riders BOD are so pliable.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Bit of overview, as I have spend some time over there:

At the beginning of this season.....RF was just brimming with pretty strident, snide, and real contemptuous comments about how the Bombers were trying to build the wrong way, though FA, with "declining veterans", Harris,  Smith and Dressler..... Walters was an inept GM who would have to do plenty of  "scrap heaping" to put together a losing roster, team had no depth, etc, etc..   

Meanwhile Jones/Murphy and their amazing scouting staff would instantly turn the Riders into a playoff contender....and create some sort of dynasty, in the very near future.  

Hasn't quite turned out that way.   Anyone with a objective eye... would realize that taking over a pretty lousy roster in Sask (end of last year), then applying a big bundle of dynamite to it....would take you right back to ground zero.  At least a 2 year job to fix this thing.  A lot of the current anger, over there... stems from the unrealistic expectations, placed on Jones, in the first place.

Fans / media across the league have said the Bombers tried to build through free agency.  But, I think that's an unfair assessment.  Sure, the Bombers signed 6-7 or so starters but the majority of the rest of their new players are CFL rookies.

The Riders meanwhile didn't sign the big names on the 1st day of FA as Jones tried to find value players on day 2.  But it didn't end there.  25-30 of the players on the Riders' roster at the start of the season were from other CFL teams.  Looks like all the Riders' 25 scouts do is check out the other CFL teams. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Can't see the Bombers BOD ever putting up with that kind of non-sense and surprised the Riders BOD are so pliable.

The screw-ups in Riderville are so monumental that it reflects very, very poorly on the Rider BOD as well as the coaching/GM roles. The board is locked into  their position and Jones, so there is no way they will say anything publicly. There is NO "plan B"- Jones is it for at least the season. And the season is not even half over.

7 hours ago, Ripper said:

Riderfans has always been inflammatory but it's it's been ratched up a few notches. Was your team & fanbase ever suckered in with Chris Jones & Murphy... LOL! Didn't Rod Pederson predict that the Riders would win 12 games & finish first?? Your fanbase eats up whatever Peterson says...

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Riderfans has always been inflammatory but it's it's been ratched up a few notches. Was your team & fanbase ever suckered in with Chris Jones & Murphy... LOL! Didn't Rod Pederson predict that the Riders would win 12 games & finish first?? Your fanbase eats up whatever Peterson says...

Not true in regards to Rod Pederson, I doubt very many people take anything he says as serious or accurate. As far as Jones, yes many wanted to believe very badly that he was going to do well.  Myself, a bit in the middle. I predicted our defense middle of the pack this year and a force next year. I was hoping and since have been disappointed that we wouldn't drag a bunch of Eskimo players in here. Many fans were convinced and still are that Jones will lead us to the promised land. I'm not so sure and have been very critical of Jones on Riderfans, but in my heart I want to believe something good can happen. We are in wait and see mode at this point.