Odds and Sods - Game 6 - Bombers at Edmonton

It was nice to see Bond step in and play well. I'm hardly an authority on o-line play but he looked pretty good to me when I payed attention to him. Hardrick always seems so pumped for his teammates too after plays, good energy.

Credit where it's due, Shayon Green put the tackle on skates and backed him into Reilly to impede his follow through on the Frederick INT.

Nice to see Westerman absolutely plaster Reilly to the turf in the 4th quarter. More please.

Frederick can ball. Made some nice tackles, the one on the bubble screen pops out in my mind and obviously had a nice break on the ball for the INT. Loffler and Fogg had nice games as well.

Was Adarius wearing his old Bomber jersey under his Eskimos one? He was bobbling passes all night, easy ones too.

Nichols had a nice game, a few hiccups and one wonders how the game could have turned if the EDM CB doesn't drop the INT on that 2nd and long duck that Nichols threw up to Adams but all in all better play at the QB position than we have received thus far.

I must have Bomber PTSD because I can't shake the "How are we gonna blow this one" feeling, even in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter last night. A few more complete efforts like this one and we may escape the wilderness and go into September with a real shot at the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Nash00 said:

It was nice to see Bond step in and play well. I'm hardly an authority on o-line play but he looked pretty good to me when I payed attention to him. Hardrick always seems so pumped for his teammates too after plays, good energy.

Credit where it's due, Shayon Green put the tackle on skates and backed him into Reilly to impede his follow through on the Frederick INT.

Nice to see Westerman absolutely plaster Reilly to the turf in the 4th quarter. More please.

Frederick can ball. Made some nice tackles, the one on the bubble screen pops out in my mind and obviously had a nice break on the ball for the INT. Loffler and Fogg had nice games as well.

Was Adarius wearing his old Bomber jersey under his Eskimos one? He was bobbling passes all night, easy ones too.

Nichols had a nice game, a few hiccups and one wonders how the game could have turned if the EDM CB doesn't drop the INT on that 2nd and long duck that Nichols threw up to Adams but all in all better play at the QB position than we have received thus far.

I must have Bomber PTSD because I can't shake the "How are we gonna blow this one" feeling, even in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter last night. A few more complete efforts like this one and we may escape the wilderness and go into September with a real shot at the playoffs.

:D You and me both with the ptsd. Wasn't willing to admit victory until the clock hit 0:00.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Your solution hurts my brain and it's too early to try to figure out what you mean.

What's so hard to understand about it?

Randle and one of Adams or Frederick on the Corners

Fogg and one of Adams or Frederick as the Half Backs. 

Loffler as the safety

55 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Just one game of course but this game's oline should be starting the rest of the season, barring injury. Make the ratio work around it. Except for that one blown play leading to a sack, Bond was fantastic. Keep him in.

Believe that was Hardrick but... Pat Neufeld on twitter was asked about that one and said something quite interesting, said that it was slide protection and the receiver who was supposed to "slide" to that spot went to the wrong spot. 

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

To be fair that's his third 100 yard game of the season

world of difference between 100 yards combined in the game and 100 yards of rushing while your OL smashes the DL in the mouth instead of playing on its heels. not to mention in only a half. But yeah hes been the bright spot of the offense even though stats dont show it. 

Problem with Adams and i like him, but the problem with him is his consistency and compete level just isn't always there, it was last night but... he does tend to take a few to many plays off. Not taking anything away from him, him and dressler are big losses, dressler more so but.... Adams has potential to be very good and some games, he just doesn't show up... 

The  Team as a whole seemed a lot more animated last night, lots of OLINE running up the field doing the first down gesture, lots of smack talk it seemed, lots of fight really... a ton more emotion shown on the field actually, DB's celebrating big time after making a huge play, The O guys basically talking crap to the Edmonton D the whole game.. was nice to see. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The  Team as a whole seemed a lot more animated last night, lots of OLINE running up the field doing the first down gesture, lots of smack talk it seemed, lots of fight really... a ton more emotion shown on the field actually, DB's celebrating big time after making a huge play, The O guys basically talking crap to the Edmonton D the whole game.. was nice to see. 

lots easier to talk **** when you are physically dominating the other team as the Bombers did last night. 

3 hours ago, Nash00 said:

I must have Bomber PTSD because I can't shake the "How are we gonna blow this one" feeling, even in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter last night. 

No, you're right. It took a few minutes past the game before I realized we couldn't somehow lose this one.

im excited about this defense coming together.  We know what randle and Adams bring in the secondary, now add Frederick (who looks like a stud), Johnson (who we know is solid) and loffer at Safety (potential long-term Canadian starter).  Our expensive DL is starting to show the push we thought they would.  Our LB core is decent, Bass, Wild and Leggett are all players.  If knox comes in an elevates the LB core than we are getting the best defense since swaggerville......potentially.......if everyone is healthy at the same time.....

Edited by peggars

27 minutes ago, peggars said:

im excited about this defense coming together.  We know what randle and Adams bring in the secondary, now add Frederick (who looks like a stud), Johnson (who we know is solid) and loffer at Safety (potential long-term Canadian starter).  Our expensive DL is starting to show the push we thought they would.  Our LB core is decent, Bass, Wild and Leggett are all players.  If Knox comes in an elevates the LB core than we are getting the best defense since Swaggerville......potentially.......if everyone is healthy at the same time.....

I didn't know until the game last night that Loffler is 6'4" and 220 when he clobbered Bowman.

The team was energized right from the start. Perhaps the new quarter-back?? Honestly I think the team has decided Drew Willy is not the answer. I guess we shall see. We physically dominated that game, and I think the weather delay saved Edmonton from a massive beat down. So happy for the players, it's about time. Now let's see if we can string 2 wins together.

The thing I'm still scratching my head about is Cory Watson.  I saw a play where he collided with one of his own teammates and got knocked off his feet.  When he was with the Bombers a hit like that would have put him in intensive care for a month and then out for the rest of the season.  Heck, just brushing against someone would put him on the 6 game list.  He seems to have increased his hit points to more than 1.  Must have finally leveled up.

Edited by WBBFanWest

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

The team was energized right from the start. Perhaps the new quarter-back?? Honestly I think the team has decided Drew Willy is not the answer. I guess we shall see. We physically dominated that game, and I think the weather delay saved Edmonton from a massive beat down. So happy for the players, it's about time. Now let's see if we can string 2 wins together.

I think the benching of a starter and especially the QB is a wake up call for the rest of the players to step up their games. 

On 7/29/2016 at 0:00 PM, Goalie said:

Believe that was Hardrick but... Pat Neufeld on twitter was asked about that one and said something quite interesting, said that it was slide protection and the receiver who was supposed to "slide" to that spot went to the wrong spot. 

No it was Bond, in the 3rd quarter.  You're thinking of the 1st half.  That was Hardrick and Neufeld was probably right in that a receiver was on the wrong side for the block.