Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Wade Miller named President & CEO
He'll be a good hire IF he doesn't meddle with the football side of things...
-
MBB - You be the GM
First thing I'm doing is firing Tim Burke. I'm keeping Kyle Walters as the GM, because as much as I would love to hire a John Murphy instead, we know Walters isn't going anywhere and along with Miller and the new head coach that'll be far too many chefs in the kitchen for my liking. My next move is writing an open cheque to Dave Dickenson who narrowly beats out Chris Jones to be our head coach. After that, I'm doing whatever it takes to swing a trade for Collaros. Something similar to the BC/Edmonton trade for Mike Reilly last year, but with this trade taking place in December instead of the end of January we'll have to give up a tad bit more. After this I'm making sure we start scouting for import defensive backs ASAP as that is our weakest spot on the defense. Next, I'm looking at who is available to trade/sign for Canadian O-linemen and I figure we'll need at least 2 guys with the ability to start. In the expansion draft, I'm protecting Henoc, Kohlert, Greaves, Watson, Neufeld and Pencer, unless I'm able to dangle Watson for a 2nd round draft pick or something similar in which case I'll protect Jade Etienne instead of him. If Watson is protected, I'm thinking Etienne is the one picked if not it'll probably be Swiston or even Cauchy. The imports I'm protecting are, Washington, Wild, Turner, January, Denmark, Dunn, Jarvis Jones, Stewart, Matthews, and I guess Sears or Anderson(although I really struggled to find talented players to protect after Dunn). Who Ottawa takes at this point is anyones guess, it could be a Terrance Edwards, Aaron Kelly, Will Ford, or even Jovon Johnson. In the next round, assuming we kept Watson and Etienne is selected, I'm protecting Swiston, Cauchy, Labbe, Sorenson, Poblah and Jake Thomas. Due to our horrific Canadian talent at this point in time, Ottawa will be forced to take someone such as Morely or Foster. In my ideal world, we probably have two to three new starters on the O-Line next year with Greaves, Neufeld, Pencer, January and Jones being the returnees with a chance at starting next year. Our receivers would be, Matthews, Denmark, Kohlert, Etienne, with two of Edwards, Kelly and Miles as the 5th receiver and one of the designated imports. A new starting running back backed up by Will Ford would also be nice and Collaros would of course be the starting QB, backed up by Max Hall and a new developmental third stringer. Defensively, maybe we're able to bring Jason Vega or Alex Hall back into the fold, but I wouldn't count on that. Turner and Anderson at DT with Jake Thomas subbing in works perfectly for me. While DE is a complete free for all, Mainor probably has the upper hand going into camp based on seniority, but both positions are completely up for grabs unless Hall or Vega returns. Linebacker gets tough, as I don't want to take Parker or Ian Wild off of the field for any situation, I probably start Wild while Parker subs in as a DI and of course I still want Henoc and Dunn as my other linebackers For the secondary, Washington has one half back spot locked down, while Sears and Stewart probably go into camp as the starting two corners but are definitely going to be pushed by some new players. I'm probably letting Suber walk and bringing in someone else to play halfback, safety is played by Jovon Johnson if hes willing to take a pay cut and if we can fit it in with the ratio. If not, we'll have to let Cauchy and Sherman battle it out, which would make safety the one position that isn't solidified Renaud can come back to punt, but Sandra is another player I don't bring back next year. I'm asking Palardy to return before bringing Sandro back, but I'll at least bring him into TC just in case the new kicker craps the bed. Last but certinaly not least, I do whatever it takes to make sure Wade Miller is handling the business side of things and NOT the football side of things. Unrealistic? Probably. But this is what would happen in my ideal world going into next year.
-
Targetting Rule Taken Too Far
He provided a link to the play. That was a beautiful football play and if that was my kid I'd be none to impressed.
-
Will Kyle Walters get fleeced?
IF he had his head on straight he would only upgrade to Buck Pierce status. The guy just can't stay healthy regardless.
-
What should we do with Goltz
If he gets beat out in training camp then great, but he should at least get a chance to be our third stringer next year. One has to wonder if Brink or Elliot would've made the team if they were at least brought to TC last year.
-
Tim Burke show tonight
Odell Willis magically under contract at 12.01.
-
What should we do with Goltz
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think a guy who's spent four years in Winnipeg should at least be brought back to camp next year. Although, I know that he'll be released. I'm just personally scared to go into next year with a bunch of Quarterbacks who are all first year Bombers.
-
Kavis Reed as Bombers new Defensive Coordinator?
Our defense actually was pretty decent with Kavis in 2010.
-
Tim Burke show tonight
Doesn't sound like his knee will hold up.
-
Tim Burke show tonight
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like Matthews and Simpson were among them.
-
Tim Burke show tonight
This guy doesn't even know the length of his own contract holy ****. A shame to hear about Sims Walker though.
-
Tim Burke show tonight
Hard to play for a coach who doesn't even believe in his own team. This guy brings a whole new meaning to the word incompetent. I actually think I might prefer Mike Kelly to him.
-
Kavis Reed as Bombers new Defensive Coordinator?
I sure as hell hope not.
-
Why hasn't Tim Burke been fired yet?
I seriously don't know if I could spare season tickets if they bring Burke back. I've never been emotionally disconnected from the Bombers as I was this season.
-
Esks fire Kavis Reed
Burke was the guy running around all off season telling us how much better our QB situation was going to be this year... Complete idiot.
-
Garrett as good as ever
I wouldn't be surprised if Chad Simpson was one of those quitters Burke was talking about.
-
Worst Bomber QBs
He retired, but BC actually wanted to sign him at some point.
-
Lock of the Week 18 Results and 19 Entries
WIll Foord.
-
Tom Higgins interested in Bombers GM job
Lol at Penton saying no experienced candidates want to come here and lists Jeremy O'Day... Tough to take a guy seriously when he spouts off crap like that.
-
2013 Bomber Team Award Winners
it's a really, really weird list of nominees this year at MOL Yep, January has a chance to get the Eastern nomination. He's next on the seniority list. Looks like the Edmonton writers just voted for the tallest and heaviest OL on the roster. If Matt O'Donnell is your top OL, your team is in a world of hurt. But the thing is, O'Donnell probably was the best Linemen in Edmonton and their team IS in a world of hurt...
-
Jason Vega cut by Dallas Cowboys
Vega is a hell of a lot better than Mainor.
-
Tom Higgins interested in Bombers GM job
Higgins hasn't been a GM in the salary cap era either, personally I don't particularly want him.
-
2013 Bomber Team Award Winners
I wonder if Alex Hall would've won MODP and MOP if he were still here.
-
Max Hall a tough son of a gun.
I would personally give Goltz a shot in training camp next year but thats just me.
-
Doubleheader Saturday: Als @ Ticats followed by Riders @ Stamps
Considering he is playing the least out of the three, I'd be surprised if he is the one that gets protected. Anyone who thinks Calgary is giving up Mitchell is out of their freaking mind. This guy was a lock to be protected this time last year. Calgary isn't letting him go for anything.