What should we do with Goltz

Brandon

Is the Goltz experiment done or do you think he was given a raw deal?

Clearly he looked good early on doing his little red zone packages and taking off with the ball.

Mid season he looked dreadful passing for under 150 yards.

End of the year Boltus was getting game time and it was awful all while the coach didn't even consider using him.

Does this guy have any upside, have we seen enough from him? Should he be back next training camp to compete?

Any thoughts?

He is a really effective runner.  Maybe it would be worth keeping him around as #3 behind Collaros and Hall to run short yardage and redzone packages.  I know we like to be developing a QB but Collaros and Hall are both pretty young themselves so its not like there's any urgency to develop yet another young guy.  Goltz does one thing and he does it well... so let him handle it.

I think he's done and it's a shame because he really got dicked around by these guys. Burke went to bat for him bigtime in the offseason and then got absolutely thrown under the bus when he couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. The new management will bring in new development prospects though so I don't expect him to be back. 

Without much help, Goltz has been subjected to a lot of you-know-what around here and so he gets my sorry vote. Wish there could have been somebody here who had his back.

Those packages they had in for him worked, and then, they were dropped.

Whose brilliant idea was that?

But we can't really help his non-developed side at this point and with a new regime it's expected he will be left without an invite.

roadmap.

apple.

off topic... since the Bombers are going to the West division... does that make the Bombers your favorite team in the West? :D

favorite fanbase in the west, sure.

but i'd have to root for the Senator's other team against the Bombers...

What has Goltz shown since he was handed the starting job mid-season? He just kept getting more and more ineffective and displayed an uncanny ability to choke in clutch situations, so buh-bye.

And yet he recorded as many wins for this team as any other qb despite being abandoned by the coaches. There seems to be a whole lot of "Goltz sucks" being thrown around just because he was teh qb of record in some terrible games, but every qb was terrible here until late in the season for a couple of games. Now how much of that was the change in OC taking effect? Which happened to be at a time when Goltz was banished to the bench because Boluts apparently has incriminating pictures of the coaches. I don't doubt that Goltz will be gone, but he did get a raw deal here this season. 

I personally wouldn't care if he goes and was replaced.

The club did invest three years in the gut only to give up on him when we were at our lowest point. I think he deserves a camp invite with a fresh set of eyes to analyze him.

But if the club were to drop him and sign Nichols or someone who has good cfl experience then I wouldn't mind either.

What has Goltz shown since he was handed the starting job mid-season? He just kept getting more and more ineffective and displayed an uncanny ability to choke in clutch situations, so buh-bye.

And yet he recorded as many wins for this team as any other qb despite being abandoned by the coaches. There seems to be a whole lot of "Goltz sucks" being thrown around just because he was teh qb of record in some terrible games, but every qb was terrible here until late in the season for a couple of games. Now how much of that was the change in OC taking effect? Which happened to be at a time when Goltz was banished to the bench because Boluts apparently has incriminating pictures of the coaches. I don't doubt that Goltz will be gone, but he did get a raw deal here this season. 

Agree that Goltz got a raw deal.  Just think it'd be challenging circumstances for him to accept a 3rd stringer developmental role here again.  Wish him luck... hope something becomes of him... but if he's going to be a developmental QB, best for him that he's not in a place he already failed in; no matter the circumstances.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think a guy who's spent four years in Winnipeg should at least be brought back to camp next year. Although, I know that he'll be released. I'm just personally scared to go into next year with a bunch of Quarterbacks who are all first year Bombers.

If they are experience then being first year Bombers doesn't matter. First year Bomber qbs with experience I remember, Don Jonas, Tom Clements, Tom Burgess & Matt Dunigan.  

I personally wouldn't care if he goes and was replaced.

The club did invest three years in the gut only to give up on him when we were at our lowest point. I think he deserves a camp invite with a fresh set of eyes to analyze him.

But if the club were to drop him and sign Nichols or someone who has good cfl experience then I wouldn't mind either.

You don't need a training camp to evaluate him now, there's more than enough film.

IMO, Goltz will be traded (with another player like Corey Watson?) to Toronto for Collaros or released and the Bombers will be giving away a QB who still has some potential in this league if provided with a good QB coach and supporting cast.  He still was 3rd in the league in rushing TDs while playing less than half of the games, and even though his passing was inconsistent, he has size, arm strength and athleticism - which are three things you can't teach.