Zach Collaros or Mike Reilly?

gbill2004

Maybe it's just me .. but I don't (or haven't) bought into to Collaros hype train. 

He's been put in a VERY good spot in Toronto .. operating behind a solid offensive line, supported by a staff which sports no fewer than 3 former CFL quarterbacks and has been tutored by a future CFL Hall of Fame quarterback.   Collaros *SHOULD* be doing well in TO and I'm not convinced he'll realize the same success outside that organization.   Of the two, I've been more impressed with Reilly and his ability to fight through adversity and find a modicum of success in the gong show that was Edmonton this season.   I think Reilly has "done more with less".

Reilly might be better right now, but his body won't hold up. I'll take Collaros, and its really not a tough decision.

There's absolutely nothing to back this statement up. I dunno which one of 'em will be better or if either of 'em will be worth anything at all, but at this point....nobody knows anything.

Maybe it's just me .. but I don't (or haven't) bought into to Collaros hype train. 

He's been put in a VERY good spot in Toronto .. operating behind a solid offensive line, supported by a staff which sports no fewer than 3 former CFL quarterbacks and has been tutored by a future CFL Hall of Fame quarterback.   Collaros *SHOULD* be doing well in TO and I'm not convinced he'll realize the same success outside that organization.   Of the two, I've been more impressed with Reilly and his ability to fight through adversity and find a modicum of success in the gong show that was Edmonton this season.   I think Reilly has "done more with less".

I’ll concede that Collaros has been given an ideal foundation to learn from in TO.  He’s taken that opportunity to produce some success this season, and shown what he is capable of in a well-run offensive system.

If you look at all the young QBs in this league that we potentially have a shot at, it’s hard to say that anyone would be 100% convinced with any of them having the same success outside of the organization they developed in.

Try and imagine taking the players out of their systems, and try to see who has the best raw skill set.   

I think they can both be great. Collaros' play is not an illusion, he is the real deal. He is confident, has a good arm, and what I really like is his escapability in the pocket. That is a valuable skill that you can't really teach.

I think Reilly is just really inconsistent. It's easy to blame the team he has around him, but too many times he was terrible to start a game but then great to finish, just coming up short. He's got all the skills though, just a matter of putting together 60 solid minutes of football every game.

I know it's a difficult question to answer because there's more to see of Reilly, but who do you think will end up being the better QB over the next 5-10 years?

I think it'll be fun to discuss because we've had the opportunity to acquire both. Looks we'll end up getting Collaros.

No guarantee on Collaros. Ottawa will go after him hard. Maybe even Hamilton as Hank is a FA.

I know it's a difficult question to answer because there's more to see of Reilly, but who do you think will end up being the better QB over the next 5-10 years?

I think it'll be fun to discuss because we've had the opportunity to acquire both. Looks we'll end up getting Collaros.

No guarantee on Collaros. Ottawa will go after him hard. Maybe even Hamilton as Hank is a FA.

A friend of mine who works in the media in Edmonton said not to be surprised if Burris lands in Edmonton.  Take that for what it's worth.

If Hamilton wins the Cup it will be hard not to bring him back if he is not chosen by Ottawa

I would think making it to the Grey Cup changes things for Hamilton with regards to Burris. This is the most success that team has had in ages, how on earth do they move on from the qb who brought that to them? If they'd bowed out of the playoffs in the semi finals or even the finals then I could see them moving on but now? I dunno. 

Hopefully not our 1st. A third, sure.

If it's a high draft pick it's probably a first, maybe a second (11th overall).  Third rounders aren't high.

I'll go with Reilly although I think Collaros will have a good career as well.

Called it prior to the 2013 season - said Reilly would pass for 4000+ yards and pass for 20+ TDs and stuck with that expert prognostication despite strong objections expressed by several forum members here.  He's already a star QB in spite of a weak Edmonton O-line and he will remain one for several years to come. :)

If it's a high draft pick it's probably a first, maybe a second (11th overall). Third rounders aren't high.

Called it prior to the 2013 season - said Reilly would pass for 4000+ yards and pass for 20+ TDs and stuck with that expert prognostication despite strong objections expressed by several forum members here. He's already a star QB in spite of a weak Edmonton O-line and he will remain one for several years to come. :)

Didn't we trade away our 2nd rounder in the Neufeld/Hall trade?

If it's a high draft pick it's probably a first, maybe a second (11th overall). Third rounders aren't high.

Called it prior to the 2013 season - said Reilly would pass for 4000+ yards and pass for 20+ TDs and stuck with that expert prognostication despite strong objections expressed by several forum members here. He's already a star QB in spite of a weak Edmonton O-line and he will remain one for several years to come. :)

Didn't we trade away our 2nd rounder in the Neufeld/Hall trade?

Yeah you're right.  Probably a first rounder then.  That's pretty high but we are desparate for a starter.  Maybe we swap a first for a later pick (3rd or 4th rounder) as part of the package for Zach?

I would expect a swap of firsts and something like a 2nd rounder next year.

Don't expect we'll have to give up a first outright although if we HAD to, I would

Ugh giving up the first round pick outright is too high a price to pay for a FA qb. 

This.

Toronto should be the one who's desperate, they're losing an asset for nothing, if Ottawa drafts him, you get zip, he leaves as a free agent, you get zip.

I would expect a swap of firsts and something like a 2nd rounder next year.

Don't expect we'll have to give up a first outright although if we HAD to, I would

Ugh giving up the first round pick outright is too high a price to pay for a FA qb. 

This.

Toronto should be the one who's desperate, - they're losing an asset for nothing, if Ottawa drafts him, you get zip, he leaves as a free agent, you get zip.

And then one thinks back to our QB play over the last few years….