Eastern Semi-Final - Als @ Ticats

Jacquie

Austin keeps on going to trick plays with the wind rather then having your qb throw the ball. Mind boggling until the next play when Burris tosses a int.

Looks like Burris will be a free agent next season. Hopefully Ottawa signs him

On a semi-related note, Paul Wiecek of the Freep says he's  betting that the Bombers will start next year with Glenn and Collaros behind center.

Really impressed with Sutton.

x2.  He runs with a low centre of gravity that makes him bloody hard to bring down. 

Pathetic that Hammy gets a TD on that lame duck throw to Gable...full credit to him though

Good strategy by the Als at the end. One shot at the endzone to try for the win, then kick the FG to tie it up.

Austin keeps on going to trick plays with the wind rather then having your qb throw the ball. Mind boggling until the next play when Burris tosses a int.

Looks like Burris will be a free agent next season. Hopefully Ottawa signs him

On a semi-related note, Paul Wiecek of the Freep says he's  betting that the Bombers will start next year with Glenn and Collaros behind center.

Why would we trade for Glenn if we can land Collaros? Does Wiecek know Glenn is not an FA?

Too bad the zebras had to decide this one.  Lets see how bad it gets in Regina now.....

more likely Whyte's errant aim decided it than 1 call...

whatever. i just hope the Argos smash the Cats for making me watch such a craptacular ESF (and because F the lolCats... but that should go without saying...)

here's hoping a week Monday the front page of the sports section bears the headline "Argos lick the *******".

EDIT: that shouldn't be censored! i meant the word as a synonym for "cats"...

Too bad the zebras had to decide this one.  Lets see how bad it gets in Regina now.....

whatever. i just hope the Argos smash the Cats for making me watch such a craptacular ESF (and because F the lolCats... but that should go without saying...)

here's hoping a week Monday the front page of the sports section bears the headline "Argos lick the *******".

Yes but great call, risky and still would have been decision time for the Als.

Too bad the refs decided it for them.  Have to make the call, that could be used for training purposes to explain 'pass interference' to young refs.  Bush league, and will always be one until they correct this.

Als were probably better off with nothing being called. First down on the one is certainly not a lock.

And it's pretty easy to criticize a call when watching it in slow motion. In real time it looked pretty close.

Ray vs. Burris in the playoffs should be a no brainer. One guy can actually perform in the playoffs the other can't. Damned lucky the red "didn't want to decide the game" and kept the flag in his pocket for the ticats. Of course I don't think the Argos are above choking either so who knows...

Als were probably better off with nothing being called. First down on the one is certainly not a lock.

And it's pretty easy to criticize a call when watching it in slow motion. In real time it looked pretty close.

Looked worse in real time to me.  You are right, they took away an exciting finish.  The refs are so inconsistent they are hurting the game and the brand.

This coming from a person who could not care less who wins the game, imagine if that non-call happens to the Bombers in the same situation.

The biggest problem in the CFL right now is the refs imo, on so many levels.  They gotta get it right...