Rumour: Danny McManus Potential Assistant GM Candidate

Jpan85

Is Danny McManus an alcoholic?

NO! I did NOT say or imply that. 

Just that, well.... am I the only guy who used to see the old school players in the bars after games?

Damon Allen was another piece of work. Guy sure liked to "socialize."

You could of said that of basically everyone on those late 80's early 90's teams.

What would be wrong with McManus? He's the head US scout for a team that has found some solid US talent and he's got great credibility amongst big players in CFL circles

Nothing wrong with Danny M -- he'll be fine -- the problem is towards the end of the piece where they talk about how "tight" KJ is with Miller, yadda yadda. 

Just seems so... business as usual in Bomberland.

I get the impression that based on the comments by the ....ahem....regulars lets call them, that unless this team gets Wally Buono, Marv Levy or Pat Bowlan, that they will just ***** and complain about whoever is hired.

No, but a fricken job interview process would be nice rather than the usual (convenient) Removal Of Interim Tags process. 

I get the impression that based on the comments by the ....ahem....regulars lets call them, that unless this team gets Wally Buono, Marv Levy or Pat Bowlan, that they will just ***** and complain about whoever is hired.

No, but a fricken job interview process would be nice rather than the usual (convenient) Removal Of Interim Tags process. 

At this point this is all I want.

This makes no sense? Who is the GM? Why isn't the GM hiring these people?

These are the questions that are continuing to worry me.

I guess this and other things are going to prove that Miller really is the GM and Walters or whomever will only have the title.

This makes no sense? Who is the GM? Why isn't the GM hiring these people?

According to the article, the GM is Walters as per Miller, and the coach (KJ) has already been chosen by Miller, presumably in discussions with his interim/soon to be GM.

A flawless system of checks and balances. Is Sam Katz involved somewhere too?

What would be wrong with McManus? He's the head US scout for a team that has found some solid US talent and he's got great credibility amongst big players in CFL circles

There is nothing wrong if Danny M, were to be considered, in some capacity, working again with the WBB football club…where he belongs.

And do you know for a fact no other candidates were interviewed? Do you know for a fact that Walters quite possibly may/may not have had the best interview?

Is Danny McManus an alcoholic?

NO! I did NOT say or imply that. 

Just that, well.... am I the only guy who used to see the old school players in the bars after games?

Damon Allen was another piece of work. Guy sure liked to "socialize."

That certainly was an unnecessary….suggestion.

And do you know for a fact no other candidates were interviewed? Do you know for a fact that Walters quite possibly may/may not have had the best interview?

Are you seriously suggesting that there's been an "secret interview process" being conducted that neither the Freep, Sun, or CJOB know about?

Just trying to get a reading of your personal level of gullibility...

Well if the exhaustive search is now completed.....he must be out of breath. Who exactly do you think he exhausted himself on? Higgins...

John Murphy ...hasn't spoken to him. Anyone else come to mind?

Does speaking to himself count ?

And continually telling the media that he's "going through the process" ?