Big Bird Almost A 2013 Stampeder

Noeller

...so apparently the Stamps asked Doug Brown to come play for the Stamps after they lost some guys to injury late in the year. He told 'em no, 'cause Winnipeggers would kill him, essentially.

Attaboy, Big Bird....that woulda been BRUTAL...

Hard to just give up his day job & leave on a moments notice to go to Calgary. Then there are the injury factors. As far as I know Doug retired fairly healthy. Being out of football shape he would be running the risk of getting hurt for truly not a lot of money. I can see why he never came back. He also has no playing history with the Stamps. If it was the Bombers in the Eastern Final & was asked to come back for the playoffs I could see him saying yes.

Hard to just give up his day job & leave on a moments notice to go to Calgary. Then there are the injury factors. As far as I know Doug retired fairly healthy. Being out of football shape he would be running the risk of getting hurt for truly not a lot of money. I can see why he never came back. He also has no playing history with the Stamps. If it was the Bombers in the Eastern Final & was asked to come back for the playoffs I could see him saying yes.

Doug Brown has a day job? What exactly does he do? Thought he just wrote his free press column and did part time work for cjob.