RDS Reports Possible Major Changes To Als Coaching Staff

Noeller

Expect some major changes in the #Alouettes coaching staff. I'm told QB coach, Mike Miller and Doug Berry won't be back. #CFL

Retweeted by Jamie Nye

So, how big ya wanna dream, Bomber fans? Khari HC, Doug Berry and Tim Burke as OC/DC? That's actually not bad? Or DB as HC and KJ as OC?

I have heard from players who were on Doug Berry's team that they didn't like him and that he was an *******, but he's a pretty good offense coach...

Looks like Popp is getting rid of the competition.  I honestly thought Berry would be given consideration for the open HC position in Mtl.  However, it sounds like Popp is fighting hard to remain as head coach and GM. 

Reportedly It's Wetenhall that wants Popp to stay on as the Head Coach and GM.

I wonder if Miller will get a phone call from another CFL team.

Looks like Popp is getting rid of the competition. I honestly thought Berry would be given consideration for the open HC position in Mtl. However, it sounds like Popp is fighting hard to remain as head coach and GM.

Als owner asked Popp to do both HC and GM. Likely a cost saving move because they're still paying Hawkins.

Berry has been the best head coach we've had since Dave Richie and has done a very good job getting rookie QB Smith in Montreal up to speed in the CFL. He didn't help himself by getting into a public hissing contest with a certain kicker. I would welcome him back, particularly since he is now available.

I think people are over blowing how 'good' Berry is as a oc. while he is certainly better then the crap we have had of late, i do remember the team struggling on offense with him as the coach. Remember when on the old site people would complain because we would always score on the first drive but then not move the chains until later on in the game.

and, revisionist history aside, we had a pretty good offense with him, too. Our opening drive, in particular, was very good under DB. He always had something scripted that almost always worked. 

The man might be an *******, but he was a good football mind...

People are choosing to remember 2008 when they think of Berry when a lot of people had down years, particularly Kevin Glenn. The guy knows his way around a CFL offense. He may not be the best coach but he's a good one and I don't recall him ever having a team with a poor o-line either. Hell Montreal got a lot better once he started working with the offense this year too.