Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Quarterback
Unfortunately, I would still have to put Goltz and Hall higher up on the list....
-
Expansion Draft Discussion
You still need to protect them if you want to keep their rights until February. Kyle Walters himself said when we traded for Foster that the thinking is you want as many expiring contracts as possible so you don't have to worry about protecting them. In a league with such obvious tampering having their rights until February doesn't mean much.
-
Lock of the Week 14 (15 entries)
Andrew Harris.
-
Quarterback
He was the Eskimos starters to begin last season...
-
Expansion Draft Discussion
With Etienne, Foster, Kohlert and Muamba all due to free agents we really won't have many Canadians to protect. Honestly, Ottawa might be forced to take Cauchy Muamba, Kito Poblah or Steve Morely off our hands.
-
They should of brought in someone with experience at qb
I'm kind of surprised that we didn't sign McPherson, Porter or Jyles. Then again, all of them have about the talent level of Alex Brink....
-
Who Gets Fired?
Goltz might honestly be our best Quarterback. Yikes.
-
Brandon Stewart
What do you expect when you're losing 50-14 at home?
-
Who Gets Fired?
His arm reminds me of Ryan Dinwiddie, yet he treats it like he has the arm of Bishop.
-
Depth Chart
Hall is good for 2-4 interceptions every time he plays and has zero upside. His career potential probably ends at adequate backup QB.
-
Who Gets Fired?
The only conclusion I can come to is that ''The Unknown Poster'' is actually in fact Tim Burke himself.
-
GDT -- Game Day: Does Anyone Still Care?
I thought Denmark deserved to be benched in his first 9 games of the season, but man hes played well lately.
-
Who Gets Fired?
Even you can't justify keeping Burke here anymore. His very presence is detrimental to the team.
-
Depth Chart
Interesting how Edwards is going to be the DI instead of Denmark. Wild and Pencer instead of Knapp and Labbe would make this lineup a hell of a lot better IMO. I'm still not sure that cutting Palardy was the right move. I'd still take him over Sandra and McKnight isn't any sort of solution either.
-
Burke
If I had Max Hall, Jason Boltus and Justin Goltz as my Quarterbacks I wouldn't be taking shots at anyone.
-
Free Agent Exodus
Hall is our best player and Henoc is our best Canadian. We desperately need those two back. Matthews would be nice if he could re-gain his 2012 level, but if he walks we'll be okay with Aaron Kelly in his spot. Unfortunately, we probably have the best chance at signing Matthews. It sounds like the other two are gone.
-
Henoc/extension/tidbit In Penton Piece
guys with that much experience and some physical skills get cut and not picked up when there's a new team coming in and suddenly the marginal NIs have so much increased value just based on the increase in new jobs? No I don't think so. yup. either as a starter or as an ST/backup.. he's nowhere near as piss poor as, people are making him out to be.. If players like Max Hall and Cauchy Muamba were half as decent as you make them out to be our team would be 10-2 instead of 2-10. I'm in favor of Cauchy staying on as a backup, but he has no business being a regular starter.
-
Burke
who says the next person isn't just as likely to do something crazy to try and make his temp job a fulltime gig next year. Esp when the person comming in can basically do what they want with no of the consequences reflecting on them. Marcel is angling for the job in Ottawa, he isn't going to do anything to compromise that.
-
Lock of the Week 13 Results (14 Entries)
Andrew Harris.
-
Zach Collaros
Didn't Mike bring it up?
-
Burke
Did he actually say that? He knows we can cut anyone we want in the offseason, right? That statement makes no sense. It makes quite a bit of sense actually, so I'm glad Walters/Mack put the team in this situation. Use the leftover $$$ on guys like Etienne, Alex Hall, etc and give them bonus dollars to count against 2013 cap. Free up as much 2014 cash as possible for a guy like Collaros or some OL Fair point, assuming those guys are willing to sign before the new CBA. All the more reason, then, to play guys like Pencer to develop them now. If we aren't spending for today, let's at least develop for tomorrow. Speaking of the CBA, some modified form of RFA would be welcomed, IMO. Too hard to develop through the draft when a guy can just leave after two years. I would like to see Brody McKinght play the rest of the year. Lets see what the kid can do. McKnight sucks but then again I haven't been impressed with Sandra either.
-
Henoc/extension/tidbit In Penton Piece
I would keep Cauchy as a backup assuming he takes a pay cut.
-
Burke
Why not just go 5 import OL and play all Canadian receiving corp? Watson, Foster, Etienne, Kohlert and Poblah wouldn't be THAT bad of a group. I would much rather play Jovon Johnson at safety and go with an all import secondary rather than start three imports on the line.
-
Watson and Simpson traded? (Rumour Invalidated)
Simpson is way better than Ford, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it.
-
Scary Stat
Yeah, they only threw 9 or 10 IIRC. As bad as we are, I'm sure we'll surpass that horrific number.