Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I swear you're just being difficult.

You don't think Toronto should want Willy because who's to say he'll outplay Toronto's backups but we should keep him because he's a valuable player to have?

Make up your mind.

Not being difficult.  He is valuable to you because he is already here, everyone knows him, he knows the system and coaches. Doesn't have as much pressure on him as he would have in Toronto. If Nichols shytes the bed, Willy can come in and play, and if Willy sucks Bombers can platoon them or make something work.  In Toronto, Willy doesn't know players, doesn't know coaches, will have lots of pressure on him to deliver assuming Argo's gave up asking price assets to get him( Lawless reporting Bombers want high draft pick and roster player), doesn't know the offense. SO.... By the time Willy gets up to speed on their offense and makes a meaningful contribution likely the season is lost anyway. So unless Argos are looking as Willy as who they want next year not much sense giving up a lot to get him. Strictly my humble opinion of course.  I would be looking at trying to get Franklin out of Edmonton if I were the Argo's. Younger, cheaper, and sets them up nicely going into next year.

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Not being difficult.  He is valuable to you because he is already here, everyone knows him, he knows the system and coaches. Doesn't have as much pressure on him as he would have in Toronto. If Nichols shytes the bed, Willy can come in and play, and if Willy sucks Bombers can platoon them or make something work.  In Toronto, Willy doesn't know players, doesn't know coaches, will have lots of pressure on him to deliver assuming Argo's gave up asking price assets to get him( Lawless reporting Bombers want high draft pick and roster player), doesn't know the offense. SO.... By the time Willy gets up to speed on their offense and makes a meaningful contribution likely the season is lost anyway. So unless Argos are looking as Willy as who they want next year not much sense giving up a lot to get him. Strictly my humble opinion of course.  I would be looking at trying to get Franklin out of Edmonton if I were the Argo's. Younger, cheaper, and sets them up nicely going into next year.

Not to be difficult as well, but there is no place on earth where he would be under more pressure to perform right now than at IGF.

In the eyes of some fans his leash wouldn't be short, it would be fashioned into a noose.

I'd also need to see a first round pick, and a decent NI roster player as the starting point in a conversation.  Trading Willy right now is like shooting our foot off to save some money on shoes.  It's such a questionable idea that Toronto would have to be making the great sales pitch, not us.

10 minutes ago, tracker said:

Willy to the Argos for Coombs would make sense for all concerned as Coombs is underutilized anyways. We might have to throw JFG in.

except it would leave the bombers with too many NI's on Offence (yes I know, but who would coombs replace?) and no experienced QB.

Does no one remember 2007? TO is actually a great example of why you shouldn't trade QB's midseason. without knowing exactly what you have behind your starter.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

except it would leave the bombers with too many NI's on Offence (yes I know, but who would coombs replace?) and no experienced QB.

Does no one remember 2007? TO is actually a great example of why you shouldn't trade QB's midseason. without knowing exactly what you have behind your starter.

The problem is that we absolutely know who we have as backup QB- a .250 winning pivot. Is that good enough? Is Willy actually better than that?

8 minutes ago, tracker said:

The problem is that we absolutely know who we have as backup QB- a .250 winning pivot. Is that good enough? Is Willy actually better than that?

Well his career win percentage is significantly better than .250 and his win percentage this season is .200 so either way you're wrong

gary lawless ‏@garylawless  7m7 minutes ago

have read the name Henry Burris as a possible solution for @TorontoArgos if Ricky Ray is going to miss time - no chance say @REDBLACKS #cfl

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Interesting suggestion brought up on Twitter.....what about Durant to Toronto? Clearly a short term option for any team, and with the Riders season over, they're into testing mode for next season...

Except that Jones' ego will not allow him to admit the season is over for the Riders, and thus Durant is not going to be traded.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

That's fine Mike. If I were you I wouldn't trade him at all. I wouldn't bet the farm that Nichols doesn't fall apart before the year is over and Willy will be playing. The smart move for you guys is not making one at all.

OMG! I agree with you! I must be wrong ... again. <_<