Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I'm wondering about the Castillo move myself. You don't keep a guy around 9 games, then mysteriously give him the boot..so to speak. There has to be a story behind the story of the story. 

Either that or they just released him..

I'm sure it happens that a player tires of biding his time sitting in reserve and asks for his release, we just never hear that side of the story.  I recall that Castillo was well into a career in education last season when he got the call from the Bombers, it may be that he wishes to carry on with those plans as well.

5 hours ago, fan4life said:

Andy Mulumba cut by the Chiefs.

Holy crap!  This deserves it's own thread.  We've only been through this 147 times already.  It's getting to the point when you no longer pay any attention to the status of Mulumba or Bilikudi, much like when you hear a rumour that Trump said something stupid again.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Holy crap!  This deserves it's own thread.  We've only been through this 147 times already.  It's getting to the point when you no longer pay any attention to the status of Mulumba or Bilikudi, much like when you hear a rumour that Trump said something stupid again.

This is the second time Mulumba has been cut from a team. You were only 145 off.

Wondering why a LD weekend rivalry has not been established between the Als and the RB's yet?  It's been 4 years and there's room for a second game on Sunday or even on Sat.  It seems like a natural fit considering their proximity to create a heated rivalry like other CFL teams enjoy with their neighbours, plus it creates so much more publicity than a regular season game.  Perhaps Troy Westwood could offer some suggestions to get it started.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wondering why a LD weekend rivalry has not been established between the Als and the RB's yet?  It's been 4 years and there's room for a second game on Sunday or even on Sat.  It seems like a natural fit considering their proximity to create a heated rivalry like other CFL teams enjoy with their neighbours, plus it creates so much more publicity than a regular season game.  Perhaps Troy Westwood could offer some suggestions to get it started.

I agree as they used to play on the LD weekend years ago. It's one of the head scratching questions about the CFL & why it doesn't happen. There always was a rivalry between Montreal & Ottawa. It would make sense to have those 2 play each other on the LD weekend yet it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yah, so what?  That's no reason not to build up a bitter rivalry between two Eastern teams.

I have no idea.  Maybe BC has said that thy don't want to do that?  Maybe it wouldn't be fair for one team to have a fixed bye week?  Maybe Montreal and Ottawa aren't interested?  Could be any of those.