BC Lions @ SaskJones Implosions (preseason game)

IC Khari

My guess is they'll go after one of the Eskimo QB's - they're making room as Jason Maas said yesterday on the post game show that it's 'highly doubtful' he'll be starting the year with four QB's on the roster. James Franklin was 'sick' yesterday and didn't play (I don't recall seeing Denmark on the field either) so my 'gut' tells me Franklin will be released (or put on the PR) and Jones is going to scoop him up (if he hasn't already)

Agreed I'd much rather they release DeMarco - but Maas had DeMarco in Ottawa so I have a feeling he's comfortable with him. Haven't heard much here yet about it. I know the guys here on the post game show were concerned with DeMarco's  'lack of finish' in the game. Franklin seems like a star in the making but one of them will most likely go. Can't see Lynch going due to his versatility.

I wish that the Esks would release Franklin so that Jones would immediately scoop him up and make him the Riders starter. Their fan base heads would explode as the loss count mounts while Franklin learns to be a starter. They are going to lose with Durant as well...but boy would they be screaming bloody murder if Durant was glued to the bench. Sadly it won't happen because Franklin is a lock at backup in Edmonton. 

29 minutes ago, KptKrunch said:

Agreed I'd much rather they release DeMarco - but Maas had DeMarco in Ottawa so I have a feeling he's comfortable with him. Haven't heard much here yet about it. I know the guys here on the post game show were concerned with DeMarco's  'lack of finish' in the game. Franklin seems like a star in the making but one of them will most likely go. Can't see Lynch going due to his versatility.

DeMarco will be the cut.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Can't practice for the first 4 weeks of the 6 game. Still need a 3rd QB for the game day roster.

Apparently the hillbillies love Reaves to the extent he will be the 3rd string qb. They are even stupider than they look. 

33 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

They cut Smith yet they have 3 kickers??? What is Jones thinking?

Apparently Smith didn't follow instructions and called his own play yesterday. He was immediately pulled and chastised.

Next day he's cut. The way Jones is running the Riders is beginning to remind me of a Junior High School I used to attend.

10 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Just one play? that seems harsh. Had to be a culmination of a lot of things.

I haven't seen any replays of the incident but apparently Smith took exception to an Esk. sack and got in the guys face, drawing a major foul.  Jones immediately pulled him and didn't put him back in until late in the 4th.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I haven't seen any replays of the incident but apparently Smith took exception to an Esk. sack and got in the guys face, drawing a major foul.  Jones immediately pulled him and didn't put him back in until late in the 4th.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yes that happened but you'd think that in of itself wouldn't cause someone to lose his job. But when you get a new guy running things, he'll want his own players

Jones is peeing on all four corners of the team to make his bones and mark his territory. Ought to endear him to his players and fans alike. You can get away with that sort of stuff if you are Don Matthews or Wally Buono but it ain't going to be well received in Riderville.