Bombers mini camp in Wpg Apr 25-27 open to public

Observations after watching O'Shea's press conference...

-He says, in response to who will be 'camp' bodies, that there are no camp bodies here, but I thought CFL roster limits the size of TC rosters by May 1st to 75 bodies. I believe we're over that limit at this time.

-It's day 2 of mini camp and today OShea is wearing sneakers as opposed to sandals on Day 1

-The offence-only concept is what they planned for and they believe it will allow the offence to be, at least, as ready as the defence when training camp starts.

-They really respect Ryan Smith as a hard worker and as a good receiver..no matter his size.

And from Bomber Buzz -

1. It was another efficient morning for the Lapolice Academy. As per usual with Lapolice, the Bombers started with some light work, getting the footwork of the quarterbacks and timing of the receivers’ motion down with their reverse/ghost motion inside zone runs. Although they’re only barely scratching the surface of the offensive playbook, it seems as though Lapolice’s offense will be very, very full of misdirection.

2. Lapolice installed two new route combinations with the receivers during individual position work time, the first of which being the common spacing concept, where the wide-out has a 10-yard out, the slot-back, who must release outside, has a curl, and the inside slot runs a sit....more...

3. Jeff Keeping – yes, that Jeff Keeping – was on the receiving end of two passes in the flats today. The Bombers began installing their short-yardage set, which already has a play-action pass to a lineman built in. Keeping lines up at tight end in the jumbo set, and displayed some natural abilities down-field catching two passes on drag routes.

4. Receiver groupings were the same on day two.....more....

5. Big Travis Bond (6’6″, 329-lbs), who took the second-team reps at left tackle yesterday, worked with the starters today at left guard. Lawrence Martin, who took took the starting reps at left guard yesterday, was on the second-team, while Manase Foketi replaced Bond at left tackle on group two. Expect Jamarcus Hardrick, currently playing right guard on group-two, to get the starting reps at left guard tomorrow as the Bombers look to get all the candidates some reps with the starters to develop some chemistry ahead of training camp.

6. It’s hard – and rather pointless – to try and evaluate the talent of the players at this mini-camp without pads or a defense, but Andrew Harris is looking very explosive.....more...

7. Another player that could be in for a big season is Rory Kohlert. The CFL’s best offenses in the East Division include their field-side wide receivers in the offense, and seeing as how Paul Lapolice seems to be taking a lot of pages out Marcus Brady’s play-book out in Toronto, an individual season like 2014 could be ahead for the University of Saskatchewan alum. Bomber quarterbacks were reading the wide-side first on multiple route combinations, where the coverage responsibilities of one defender could mean Kohlert is getting a target.

8. There really aren’t any players standing out simply because everyone looks good, for the most part, against air. The real evaluating will be done when main camp opens in June.

For the  "more" - https://bomberbuzz.com/2016/04/26/blue-review-day-two-of-mini-camp/

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Observations after watching O'Shea's press conference...

-He says, in response to who will be 'camp' bodies, that there are no camp bodies here, but I thought CFL roster limits the size of TC rosters by May 1st to 75 bodies. I believe we're over that limit at this time.

I haven't watched the press conference yet but I would think what he is referring to is there will be no training camp fodder, that all players who attend TC will have a legit chance on making the team.

And thanks for sharing that.

Edited by Jacquie

45 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

I haven't watched the press conference yet but I would think what he is referring to is there will be no training camp fodder, that all players who attend TC will have a legit chance on making the team.

And thanks for sharing that.

Walters said recently that not all players attending this mini-camp will make it to the main camp.  No one is fodder, but they are all being evaluated.  Those who appear to be at the bottom of their groupings may not get another chance in May.

Funny... A lot of teams use the mini camp to evaluate and grade the talent they have stockpiled in the off season. They then

decide if some guys are really worthy of making it to main TC. It then affords them the opportunity to fill in pieces that they might think need to be addressed.

i couldn't give a blue and gold what anyone in this organization has to say any more. It is judgement time for this crew. What happens on the field is all that matters now. Time to stop blowing menthol up everyone's butt.