Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Not sorry to see Moore or Washington go. Disappointed we didn't get a big receiver or two. Stafford would have been nice, as would Grant. A stud MLB to replace Hurl would have been great. O-Line help would have been awesome.

There wasn't a ton of OL help available in this FA draft, so what exactly were you expecting there?  The fact that we have a real good line backing corps has already been pointed out,  And remember, it's February.  There will be more roster moves before TC so try and salve your disappointment,

Edited by WBBFanWest

5 hours ago, Zontar said:

They were expecting big splashes and big names today but now they have to preach "patience" and the "intelligence" of signing lots of lesser-lights with barely recognizeable names and hope they pay off.

Likely the best OT in the league?  A Canadian DE with 23 sacks in the last 2 years?  They are no names to you but anyone who actually follows football is very aware of who they are. Maybe you got your helmet done up a little too tight there chief

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Would still be nice to sign Plesius... upgrade over Hurl.

Xavier Fulton also please.

Love Fulton, great player. I'm afraid he not be healthy. He has bad knee's. I'd love to see the big guy playing somewhere else this year, not sure that is going to happen

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Likely the best OT in the league?  A Canadian DE with 23 sacks in the last 2 years?  They are no names to you but anyone who actually follows football is very aware of who they are. Maybe you got your helmet done up a little too tight there chief

I missed that y'all signed Bourke - congrats 

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Ok.  That's a fair statement. I guess what I'm saying is he is one of the best.  Ya Bourke would have been nice to get, too much money for us poor farm boys

NI depth is pretty slim...  could see Riders in ratio trouble this year - should've coughed up some oil money, oh wait... never mind.

12 hours ago, Engelwood said:

We have a stud MLB, his name is Ian Wild, unless we are going to a 3-4 D we don't need another. People forget about last years signing during the season.

I think we have a better MLBer than Wild, his name is Bass. I would be surprised, if they decide to sit Hurl, if it wasn't Bass at Mike and Wild at WIL. Wild/Bass/Leggett or Randle would be a very good LBing corps.

31 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I think we have a better MLBer than Wild, his name is Bass. I would be surprised, if they decide to sit Hurl, if it wasn't Bass at Mike and Wild at WIL. Wild/Bass/Leggett or Randle would be a very good LBing corps.

The thought of this possibility makes me  very excited 

we have 4 cdn o lineman, i bet we draft at least one maybe two ,plus i bet they have signed or will sign a cis non drafted player

how many cdn o line man did we have at camp last year, did we have 6 or 7, 

as for import o line man, they will come , i bet we have 5-6 at training camp

In relation to the total makeup of our roster, we are severely low in numbers at the O-Line position. As we ventured forth or fourth, from last season, we can see Walters had a SMS plan, and a plan entering FA. He's following that plan, and right now, we're better off for it. 

Walters also said they're comfortable with the makeup of the O-Line, and he stressed, "at this time". It seems they have an idea on what to do. They have a plan. Good gawd, I sure hope they do.