Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

yeah i was only kidding lol,  I thought leggett played decent closer to the line of scrimmage (lb) then he did in the secondary, but that was just my opinion.  I didnt know who else to pick as a ball hawk cuz i didnt see enough of randle at CB (or hb?) and no no no to macho harris. not sure who else we have back there other then Bucknor who is average at best

don't really need much better than average at best at field corner. Investing big into a field corner spot that sees three targets a game is a waste. That's why Bucknor is there.

13 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I have no trouble at all with bringing him in if the Als choose to release him or would take next to nothing in trade. We could make the cap adjustments but I would not give up anything of value to trade for that contract.

Really? You'd take him if he was practically gifted to us? Strict guidelines you have.. ?

Field corner gets more than three targets a game... look at all the times Bucknor was singled out last year.

If Muamba is back, then Bass is basically cut.  Wild can long snap and is an ST leader.  I like Bass but I'd do it.

Muamba, Westerman, Shologan, Harris, Kohlert, Goossen, Chungh or maybe Waggoner, Jones or someone steps up

3-4 import OL should come pretty cheap - cut Neufeld, Hurl, Denmark, Turner, Anderson, Cotton to save dollars

21 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Capiccotti and Lawrence are "barely recognizable names"? I know our team isn't perfect or anything yet, but come on. You would be ecstatic if those two ended up in Hamilton.

Really not sure what there is to argue. Saskatchewan got big names, Winnipeg got big names. Both have immensely improve over the last two days.

In my defense I wrote that on monday before you'all went on a brand name shopping binge.

The story so far...

Riders : Intelligent, targetted, methodical, economical purchases. A plan is in place. Had to pay through nose for Cappocotti but that's the cost of doing business. Worth it.

Bombers: Crazy, drunken sailor spending, cap busting, GM is fighting for job, Tamanesque. It wont work.

1 minute ago, holoman said:

They aren't wrong by saying Walters is fighting for his job.  He is on a short leash

no one argues that, its just the hypocrisy and ridicule we received on day one by GM's, Reporters and fans was laughable that they ended up doing the same thing the next day, yet to nothing but praise.  Curious what Scott Mitchell had to say about the riders?... nothing

6 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

If he gets released he should really take his time and visit each team's facility and then make his decision...

The moral of the story here is that chasing a big payday in the CFL isn't worth it because contracts are not guaranteed and you might think you're getting paid but if you're not worth it that contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.  More important to pick a good situation than chase the money.