Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

14 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

its too bad we didnt pick up Watman, but i think Normand is still out there,  wouldnt hurt to bring him in for a looksee

was also surprised that Walters wasn't in for Watman (or if he was, and i'll try to find that out, that he wasn't in harder). obvious why we wanted him as keeping Ricky clean has become priorities 1 thru 5 of our season.

you guys seem like you're maybe two O-Line upgrades away from a very solid roster.

Re: OL...When healthy, we've got 5 guys that can play....6 even, incl Keeping. But there needs to be more depth along the line, because Neufeld can't stay healthy, and Daniels had a tough go last year from that standpoint. But if, magically, Bryant, Chung, Goossen, Neufeld and Daniels all stayed healthy.....that's a line that can ball.

well Penton apparently said were over the cap as it sits right now (without cutting anyone) i'm going to assume there wasn't much thought put in beyond who we targeted in FA, and it's now a matter of fiscal management. Walters probably didn't/doesn't know who he was going to cut and how much we would have to offer after the fact.

I guess that's one positive to Jones, he hasn't hesitated in making room immediately and know exactly how much he has to work with

It's only prudent to 'get' the players you targeted before you make the necessary cuts, IMO. The Sask. situation is extremely different, and mostly a one-timer. We may be over the limit at the moment, but there are still a lot of roster movements to be made.

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

well Penton apparently said were over the cap as it sits right now (without cutting anyone) i'm going to assume there wasn't much thought put in beyond who we targeted in FA, and it's now a matter of fiscal management. Walters probably didn't/doesn't know who he was going to cut and how much we would have to offer after the fact.

I guess that's one positive to Jones, he hasn't hesitated in making room immediately and know exactly how much he has to work with

Why do you assume this?

because we've gone over the cap without releasing anyone.  I would imagine it kind of handcuffs you from continuing on if your going deeper and deeper without making the room, as it would be a lot harder to manage the further red you go.

Just my thinking given the lack of releases at this point

**side note,  i wonder if we make a pitch at Brian Bulcke

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

They couldn't really address it beforehand because they didn't know who they'd sign in FA.  Now that they have some guys signed, they can start looking at cuts.  You don't want to cut a player on the hopes they would replace them with a targeted free agent only to have that guy sign with another team.

During his presser yesterday, Walters said they knew some tough decisions have to be made but he wouldn't speculate with the media on exactly who would get cut.  

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hearing the #Als are shopping non-import MLB @HenocMuamba. Edm would seem to be most-likely destination.

Wowy.....this is interesting.

Come "home" Henoc .. come home .. heh my jersey might be relevant again.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Hearing the #Als are shopping non-import MLB @HenocMuamba. Edm would seem to be most-likely destination.

Id think Calgary would go harder for Henoc over Edm who resigned Sherritt, but i hope Huff gets outbid on everyone tbh

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They couldn't really address it beforehand because they didn't know who they'd sign in FA.  Now that they have some guys signed, they can start looking at cuts.  You don't want to cut a player on the hopes they would replace them with a targeted free agent only to have that guy sign with another team.

During his presser yesterday, Walters said they knew some tough decisions have to be made but he wouldn't speculate with the media on exactly who would get cut.  

and thats why I think they might not have made a pitch for Watman, knowing your over as it is and needing to make cuts, it just makes it harder to juggle the more you pile on until you make some room

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They've spent a lot of money with all of their big name signings. They've got very good mlb'ers behind him, so it kind of makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Offer the 2 2nd round picks this year? Run 3 -4 D with Sholo - Cummings - Westerman and Wild - Bass - Muamba - Legget ?