Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

My understanding that the Bombers had had least 800 large in space, going into FA.    We also had/have a number of under producing vets to cut loose.   There was a pretty deep FA pool, this year.  The Bombers had more holes that the Albert Hall.  So what was Walters to do?

Walters is doing exactly what he has to do (self preservation enters into it, as well)   

Getting some established vets like Harris and Dressler (despite higher age/cost) was probably part of the plan, as well.   We plugged a lot of holes in a hurry, the other day - and have drummed up some interest with something closer to a winning/entertaining product, going into the season, for the long suffering fan base.

The other shoe to fall, is the recruiting, and of course, we are all watching that

all I know is if we can upgrade our current NI MLB with Muamba id say we won the offseason.  Not to say I dont like whats already been done, but thats going from good to great imo (at the right price).  But Penton says we arent talking with Montreal as of yet, though really if Montreal cuts him it would be silly to trade for his current salary at this point

Why trade for him. They will probably release him and then... you can get him for cheaper if you want him. LB isn't exactly an area of huge concern tho. Plus. He pretty much blew us off last time. Gonna say it.... screw Muamba 

Edited by Goalie

I'd trade for Muamba - would be surprised if he doesn't sign for $250k if he's released...  Riders would be crazy not to go hard after him.  Ottawa too.

Price won't be high if everyone knows he's due a bonus on the 16th...  I'd offer Waggoner for Muamba.

Just now, Floyd said:

I'd trade for Muamba - would be surprised if he doesn't sign for $250k if he's released...  Riders would be crazy not to go hard after him.  Ottawa too.

Price won't be high if everyone knows he's due a bonus on the 16th...  I'd offer Waggoner for Muamba.

Give up the pick instead of Waggoner. Waggoner would be the perfect backup.

I don't understand the thinking in Muamba's camp last year when they were on that tour. Could they not see the bonus was scheduled AFTER  FA? With Ellsworth and Woods in tow, it was a bit of a bait and switch scheme. Now, no team will touch him until the 16th, after a few teams have spent their planned monies. With his tweet on 'finding he was being offered up in trade talks,' it sounds like he wasn't expecting this.

Should have just come home last year big boy, should have just come home..

Just now, JimmyFartball said:

We actually don't need Muamba, especially at that price. Let him come crawling to us after he's released and we'll see if there's any openings. #wally'sway

I forgot about Cauchy in edmonton,  if he's released and free to sign wherever he wants, i seem to recall when his tour was winding down and montreal was the destination there was talks he really wanted to play with his brother, wonder if that influences his choice now more then it did last year obviously

4 minutes ago, JimmyFartball said:

We actually don't need Muamba, especially at that price. Let him come crawling to us after he's released and we'll see if there's any openings. #wally'sway

Yeah.. he gets released theres going to be a feeding frenzy to get him he's not going to be crawling any where. I imagine if hes let go he'd try the nfl try outs again and sign mid season. Assuming they still have interest in him. Id love to have him back no question. But at the price he'll get we have other more important holes to fill.

18 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

There wasn't a ton of OL help available in this FA draft, so what exactly were you expecting there?  The fact that we have a real good line backing corps has already been pointed out,  And remember, it's February.  There will be more roster moves before TC so try and salve your disappointment,

All the salve in the world isn't going to help when our porous OL repeatedly allows Willy (and/or Nichols) to be drilled and buried under piles of pass rushers. I hope Walters tried to land Bourke and that his reason for not coming here wasn't a few thousand dollars. If we were to overpay for anyone it would be him and I wouldn't have minded at all. Certainly couldn't have been worse than the Picard signing.

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

All the salve in the world isn't going to help when our porous OL repeatedly allows Willy (and/or Nichols) to be drilled and buried under piles of pass rushers. I hope Walters tried to land Bourke and that his reason for not coming here wasn't a few thousand dollars. If we were to overpay for anyone it would be him and I wouldn't have minded at all. Certainly couldn't have been worse than the Picard signing.

Bourke at LT instead of Bryant would make things worse for Willy.

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

Tell us more about how downgrading our OL personnel will improve our OL.