Bombers Sign INT WR Ricky Collins

Goldkobra

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Carter is the prize of FA but I'd also take a gamble on Jeff Fuller - healthy he's a #1 guy, not so healthy he's still got great hands

I think Nik Lewis or Rob Bagg would be solid vet leadership

I dunno about Lewis. Big ego and it's all about him.

Guys, I know the off season hasn't been that long but I think you are forgetting a dependable wr who our qbs used fairly often in 2015....Darvin Adams is not a push over and is worth the money that he is making. I don't disagree we could definitely use another weapon on the field and Carter, Ellingson, and Jackson would be good fits.... I'm even fine with Dressler (have loved watching him since he broke into the league, reminds me of the CFL's Wes Welker) But I think we need to continue working on our DLine, we have a solid secondary IMO. Can you imagine the plays they could make if they just had the front four guys putting on consistent pressure?

Once again, I don't pretend to know it all but I think there are some larger issues on this team then breaking the bank on a wr. Moore would be fine to have back if he took a paycut that included some incentives. But all things considered I'd take another wr like the two we have in Denmark and Adams, really good wr's and worth what we are paying them, throw some money at Ryan Smith if he truly is a Dressler junior and see what happens, but like I said spend the money where it's needed and WR it is not. 

Moore has been a big disappointment...too many injuries and very little production for what we are/were paying him...Too bad it didn't work out but it looks like the Bombers are moving on from Moore... Also not surprising at all, at present, considering the talks with Dressler, which if I hazard a guess is going well.

Edited by Stickem
punctuation

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Moore has been a big disappointment...too many injuries and very little production for what we are/were paying him...Too bad it didn't work out but it looks like the Bombers are moving on from Moore... Also not surprising at all, at present, considering the talks with Dressler, which if I hazard a guess is going well.

As far as I know Dressler is still moping about being cut.

38 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Agree and I hope you're right. Dressler is a little smaller than I'd like. I much prefer an Arceneaux or Ellingson type of receiver. The big receivers have a real advantage when they need to go get a ball and also seem to get a lot more YAC. 

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

As far as I know Dressler is still moping about being cut.

I think it's perfect timing right now to offer Dressler an appealing contract with the state of mind he's presently in. Even though his tweet suggests he'll always be a roughrider by heart for the fans that supported him (which is more than likey true), I think he'd appreciate how quickly the Bombers moved on him that would influence his lens changing from green to blue and gold quite quickly. In other words, his focus on helping the Bombers win at all costs would be strong. That can be nothing but good for us. 2 years plus an option sounds about right.

2 hours ago, MinisterOfD5 said:

Guys, I know the off season hasn't been that long but I think you are forgetting a dependable wr who our qbs used fairly often in 2015....Darvin Adams is not a push over and is worth the money that he is making. I don't disagree we could definitely use another weapon on the field and Carter, Ellingson, and Jackson would be good fits.... I'm even fine with Dressler (have loved watching him since he broke into the league, reminds me of the CFL's Wes Welker) But I think we need to continue working on our DLine, we have a solid secondary IMO. Can you imagine the plays they could make if they just had the front four guys putting on consistent pressure?

Once again, I don't pretend to know it all but I think there are some larger issues on this team then breaking the bank on a wr. Moore would be fine to have back if he took a paycut that included some incentives. But all things considered I'd take another wr like the two we have in Denmark and Adams, really good wr's and worth what we are paying them, throw some money at Ryan Smith if he truly is a Dressler junior and see what happens, but like I said spend the money where it's needed and WR it is not. 

Sarcasm? Friend or family of Adams? Adams himself? Delusional?? Need to know which it is so I can respond accordingly. Adams was not nearly good enough last year. 

2 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Moore had what 2 tds in two seasons, had fumblitis at times, and was injured almost as much as he played?  No thanks, we can find someone else ...

He cashed in on what Walters gave him and did diddly squat for us when he was here. Good riddance.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Moore when healthy was really really good.... the problem was purely the health.   I'd rather the team move on and if Moore is willing to take a heft pay cut then I have no problem bringing him back...

True and I don't know that he was used properly by Bellefeuille either but for what we paid him we didn't get much in return as in 4 TDs for $360,000. 

On 17/01/2016 at 7:23 AM, J5V said:

True and I don't know that he was used properly by Bellefeuille either but for what we paid him we didn't get much in return as in 4 TDs for $360,000. 

He was on pace for 1100 yards basically in each season he was here.... that is good production when healthy. The entire team was allergic to the endzone, that's why we lost so many games so why get down on just moore for low td stats? That was a team wide problem but Moore was reliable in getting this team yards and helping at least move down the field.