Picard Released

Jpan85

<I'm of two minds on this one.

Good, he's gone. But, we're dreadfully thin at centre.

Good, that salary's gone. But, we're lacking in experience.>

So, we've lost 3 NI OL guys - Greaves, Griffiths, and now, Picard. We only have 3 NI guys left, with Goosen, Chungh and Neufeld.

And 3 Imp - Capers, Bryant and Daniels.

6 guys!    Hell, Calgary loses more guys than that in a couple of games.

I'd say we better have our eyes on a few prospects, a few FAs and possibly a miracle or two.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

<I'm of two minds on this one.

Good, he's gone. But, we're dreadfully thin at centre.

Good, that salary's gone. But, we're lacking in experience.>

So, we've lost 3 NI OL guys - Greaves, Griffiths, and now, Picard. We only have 3 NI guys left, with Goosen, Chungh and Neufeld.

And 3 Imp - Capers, Bryant and Daniels.

6 guys!    Hell, Calgary loses more guys than that in a couple of games.

I'd say we better have our eyes on a few prospects, a few FAs and possibly a miracle or two.

If only there was a draft and free agency right around the corner....

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If only there was a draft and free agency right around the corner....

And here I thought I said exactly that...

Dont you see a problem half counting on a draft that can produce iffy results? Or contemplating FAs that may not even make it to FAgency?

Hell, one of our 6 OL (Capers) hasn't even been announced as signed yet. 

No, I think Walters has a job ahead of him, although  I'm pretty sure Plan B is already underway.

Worst case scenario if the Bombers can't sign adequate replacements for the O-line they can always invite Picard back at a much lower pay rate.  That is unless another team signs him up at a lower rate first.  I don't think we've seen the last of Picard, the fact that he didn't choose retirement says that he still wants to play.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Worst case scenario if the Bombers can't sign adequate replacements for the O-line they can always invite Picard back at a much lower pay rate.  That is unless another team signs him up at a lower rate first.  I don't think we've seen the last of Picard, the fact that he didn't choose retirement says that he still wants to play.

Good grief! Can you imagine another season of Picard snapping those slow moving wounded ducks to Willy? <shudder>