Murphy signs with Roughies

baxter

Just read in the Toronto Sun that John Murphy signed with the Roughriders.  They must have a lot of money in Sask.

They are by far the most profitable CFL team. However with what they are paying Jones and now Murphy plus Chamblins tab and a shiny new stadium opening soon they might need to start watching the bank account.  They should be fine though....

Just read in the Toronto Sun that John Murphy signed with the Roughriders.  They must have a lot of money in Sask.

We'll see he true John Murphy now that he's out from under the control of John Hufnagel.  Hufnagel signed off on all new signings so it's unknown how much input Murphy had.   

Remember when we signed Ted Goveia and he was supposed to be a top talent scout.   Well based on our recruiting.  It must have been Barker who found the talent and Goveia's job was to seal the deal with a signed contract. 

I don't wish ill will on John Murphy but lets see how well he does now that he's more involved in the scouting and PP. 

We'll see he true John Murphy now that he's out from under the control of John Hufnagel.  Hufnagel signed off on all new signings so it's unknown how much input Murphy had.   

Remember when we signed Ted Goveia and he was supposed to be a top talent scout.   Well based on our recruiting.  It must have been Barker who found the talent and Goveia's job was to seal the deal with a signed contract. 

I don't wish ill will on John Murphy but lets see how well he does now that he's more involved in the scouting and PP. 

How do you think Jones is going to work in Saskatchewan?

Are you confusing Murphy with someone else?  Petrie maybe?

Well count me as one who loves this move. Either we have success this year under Walters, or next year we cause the Rider fans heads to explode when we poach John Murphy away. This is so much more satisfying than if we had to get him from Calgary.

At any rate, I see this as a non starter because I don't think Murphy will be there long enough to have any tremendous impact before either us, or someone else in the league, poaches him away. He is the next GM in this league imo.

Well count me as one who loves this move. Either we have success this year under Walters, or next year we cause the Rider fans heads to explode when we poach John Murphy away. This is so much more satisfying than if we had to get him from Calgary.

Yeah, and if Huff came with him to Coach, that would be great.

How do you think Jones is going to work in Saskatchewan?

Are you confusing Murphy with someone else?  Petrie maybe?

Did you not read my post.  I was saying that Murphy looked good while he worked under Huf.  Because Huf made all the final decisions on signings. Just like Goveia looked like some kind of wunderkind under Barker.   

Sometimes these guys are made to look like geniuses because of who they work under. r  

I'm not sure where the Goveia dislike is coming from, guys a talent scout... 

Mcmanus is the guy who should really be getting the heat... he's the guy in charge of it all..

and the other thing, for all we know, Our Scouts did bring in some other talented players other than the ones they have found but MB said thanks but no thanks.

It's really tough to say actually... Not everything that went wrong on the O was MB's but perhaps it was mostly his fault cuz let's be honest, the scouts did find some pretty good defensive players...

Not sure if Leggett is one but... Leggett,Adams,Bass just to name a couple. There are more also so it's not like they haven't found talent... perhaps they did and that talent was used wrong or put in positions to fail, square pegs in to round holes stuff? I dunno, I guess none of us really know for sure unless we were at these free agent camps. 

Fun fact i suppose... a guy we had on our PR, Cam Jefferson, just signed with the Denver Broncos of the NFL... so it's not like our scouts didn't find some guys, it's just they never really got a chance to show what they could do in game action here. That might be on the OC, especially when it comes to O players. 

Just read in the Toronto Sun that John Murphy signed with the Roughriders. They must have a lot of money in Sask.

They are by far the most profitable CFL team. However with what they are paying Jones and now Murphy plus Chamblins tab and a shiny new stadium opening soon they might need to start watching the bank account. They should be fine though....

The Riders are paying a pittance for the new stadium. They are on the hook for $25M only and that will be paid through naming rights, sponsorship, etc.

I dont really care about what the Riders will do and I agree Jones-Murphy will definitely shorten their rebuilding process.

Regardless, the Bomber should upgrade their US scouting department. McManus-Goveia-Morris is not delivering the talent (or at least not enough talent) thus far.

#BringBackTheMoll

The more things change in Rider land the more they stay the same. O'Day can now join the illustrious ranks of Jamel Richardson, Taj Smith, Geroy Simon and Rey Williams as people who the organization got rid of but still decided to pay and gave them the old Rider retirement plan. Fake job title and here's a paycheque. The Rider welfare system if you will.

The more things change in Rider land the more they stay the same. O'Day can now join the illustrious ranks of Jamel Richardson, Taj Smith, Geroy Simon and Rey Williams as people who the organization got rid of but still decided to pay and gave them the old Rider retirement plan. Fake job title and here's a paycheque. The Rider welfare system if you will.

See I see it as he's the GM in waiting, they just want to let someone else do the rebuilding before they give him the keys to the team. 

See I see it as he's the GM in waiting, they just want to let someone else do the rebuilding before they give him the keys to the team. 

Promoting someone who is not ready... I hear that's a good way to go about....

Great move, what happens if the Riders turn it around in one off season?

It would be impressive, although a bit of a stretch.

What happens if Chris Jones bolts for the good ole south?

Lots to keep our eyes on.

Not that much of a stretch, really.  Redblacks went from 2-16 to 12-6 and a Grey Cup appearance.  Doesn't always have to be a ten-year plan like the Bombers.