Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

I did a similar thing outside mosaic at Waynes world one year for the LDC,  a woman came walking buy selling mini rider flags, so i bought one and ever bus full of (im guessing park and ride) rider fans, got a warm welcome from me rubbin my butt with the flag. I often think back wondering if I should have taken the high road, but really that was the only road

Ottawa and Edmonton still squabbling about compensation over the hiring of Jason Maas.

A compensation dispute between the Eskimos and Ottawa RedBlacks is back in the hands of CFL commissioner Jeffrey Orridge after the teams could not reach an agreement with help from a mediator on Friday. The teams have been locked in a squabble over Edmonton’s hiring of former RedBlacks offensive co-ordinator Jason Maas to be their head coach in mid-December.

“We had a mediation and there wasn’t any obvious resolution so the matter will be deferred to the commissioner,” said Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group president Jeff Hunt on Tuesday. “It’s important to make the distinction it wasn’t an arbitrator who hears everybody out, then makes a ruling at the end. This was a mediator, who kind of tries to say, ‘Hey guys, can you work something out?’ We went through that process and we were unable to come up with an arrangement that both parties were happy with.”

Full article.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/redblacks-eskimos-cant-solve-maas-dispute-with-mediator

Orridge should step in now and shut this down. If Ottawa cannot come to terms, tell them the deal is done and there will be no further compensation. I may be wrong, but it does seem like Hunt and Desjardins are just asking for too much. This type of situation has happened before in the CFL, and we never seen the whining like the Redblacks organization is putting on here!

On 3/18/2016 at 10:29 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I did a similar thing outside mosaic at Waynes world one year for the LDC,  a woman came walking buy selling mini rider flags, so i bought one and ever bus full of (im guessing park and ride) rider fans, got a warm welcome from me rubbin my butt with the flag. I often think back wondering if I should have taken the high road, but really that was the only road

That wasn't the high road?

On 3/18/2016 at 0:29 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

You touched your butt with that?  Gross.

I would have lit it on fire in front of them.  That's the only thing you can do with Rider gear.  Burn it...burn it with fire.

18 hours ago, Dee Urban Hermit said:

Orridge should step in now and shut this down. If Ottawa cannot come to terms, tell them the deal is done and there will be no further compensation. I may be wrong, but it does seem like Hunt and Desjardins are just asking for too much. This type of situation has happened before in the CFL, and we never seen the whining like the Redblacks organization is putting on here!

It's the REDBLACKS! way. They've bitched and moaned about everything, probably because the CFL was so desperate to make them good right away that they actually thought they were special. 

Keeping politics aside. Toronto lost one of the biggest supporters of the CFL, Toronto Argos and youth football with the passing of Rob Ford today. Might have been the only true backers of the team in any level of government in Ontario. It's too bad he won't be able to see the Argos move to BMO this summer.

12 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Keeping politics aside. Toronto lost one of the biggest supporters of the CFL, Toronto Argos and youth football with the passing of Rob Ford today. Might have been the only true backers of the team in any level of government in Ontario. It's too bad he won't be able to see the Argos move to BMO this summer.

Thanks for posting this. I'm in Toronto and Rob Ford's passing is all people are talking about in the media outlets. He was a big sports fan and gave a lot of himself and his time to sports, especially football. Damned cancer takes another one. 

18 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

As I recall, he was a big proponent of trying to bring in an NFL team to Toronto, so I wouldn't describe him as a big supporter of the Argos or the CFL.  He did clearly love football, especially youth football, and in a way it's too bad that he didn't just focus solely on that.

I'll miss BT JR, but even more so the class of his entire family. A few times a year his entire family would some to watch him play. Had a few conversations with BT1 and always raved about the city and how well they were treated everywhere they went.

I understand the need to get better sometimes has a cost but I sure wish there was a way that the new guys could actually prove they were better than who we had before. Oh wait there is that thing called training camp...

***AH Crap wrong thread***

Edited by GCJenks
Wrong thread