Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

On 3/5/2016 at 9:23 AM, Bigblue204 said:
On 3/5/2016 at 9:23 AM, Bigblue204 said:

This is where I'm not so certain who is in control. It's not Lulays knee that's the problem. It's his shoulder. He hasn't looked the same since he first hurt it. And he's one hit away from it being damaged again. Do want to go into the season with him as the starter, and no Jennings to back him up even? Lulay didn't look like he could get the team to the playoffs last year. Jennings looked like the future, sure the jury is still out. But that's not the case with Lulay.

Jennings and his new agent must see this as well. So does Buono have the power in owning a contract that is cheap, and a proven, yet injury prone Vet already under Contract. Or is Jennings in control by being (as it stands now anyway) the best chance for the team to win. Is Buono on thin ice right now? Can he survive a loosing season, when he has a potential star QB not playing becuase he (bouno) is knowingly being cheap? I don't know. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This is where I'm not so certain who is in control. It's not Lulays knee that's the problem. It's his shoulder. He hasn't looked the same since he first hurt it. And he's one hit away from it being damaged again. Do want to go into the season with him as the starter, and no Jennings to back him up even? Lulay didn't look like he could get the team to the playoffs last year. Jennings looked like the future, sure the jury is still out. But that's not the case with Lulay.

Jennings and his new agent must see this as well. So does Buono have the power in owning a contract that is cheap, and a proven, yet injury prone Vet already under Contract. Or is Jennings in control by being (as it stands now anyway) the best chance for the team to win. Is Buono on thin ice right now? Can he survive a loosing season, when he has a potential star QB not playing becuase he (bouno) is knowingly being cheap? I don't know. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This.  After a 7-11 season Wally is already on thin ice, the one and out with Tedford was a debacle in all respects.   Looks to me as if BC has spent this off-season rummaging through the bargain basement for coaching staff and free agents and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

K Paul McCallum exiting legendary #CFL career in style, signing 1day contract to retire with #bclions

Football really lost a legend today... happy retirement #18

As for paul, glad he left regina to retire elsewhere lol does this mean mcCallum wont be Immortalized In the plaza

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Football really lost a legend today... happy retirement #18

As for paul, glad he left regina to retire elsewhere lol does this mean mcCallum wont be Immortalized In the plaza

I suspect there will be a pile out back with a plaque. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Interesting to see the Lions hire one-time-CFL-legend Bob O'Billovich as a scout, and Geroy named head of CIS scouting...

Hey, maybe we should get a former receiver to be the head of our CIS scouting department.  I wonder if there are any that would be interested in the job?  :P

Really reaching back into the past with the hiring of Obie...He's older than dirt...I don't want to sound age discriminatory but couldn't they find someone younger and relevant to present day...Wally going with old pals in his last days I guess....Geroy I can see and they most likely have something bigger in mind for him in the future....but O'Billovitch...lol.. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

How is experience not the most relevant factor in the ability to recognize football ability?

There's experience, and there's telling first-hand-account stories of the first ever pro football game played in Canada.................

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

How is experience not the most relevant factor in the ability to recognize football ability?

It all depends what the extent of his work will be. He could be a very valuable asset if they give him a workload suitable for a 75 year old man. However, it is not reasonable to think that he can keep up with the Murphy's and JP Jones of the CFL at his age though. His eye for talent may still be there but I would be extremely skeptical of his ability to travel and work the long days required of a full time talent scout.

Not only will he be 76 by the time the season rolls around, it's not exactly like he was putting together great teams when he was managing teams.  He had 1 winning season as a GM & his career record is 66 wins vs 111 losses for an amazing .372 winning percentage.  Maybe he'll be a better scout than GM though...