Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Durant could be history in Regina IF he is not prepared to take a significant salary hit....Jones is a guy that doesn't fool around (witness the deletion of household names Dressler and Chick)...Durant is an ageing qb. with injury problems and I think the writing is on the wall...Play for less or play somewhere else would be a Jones take on Darian...I don't know how much cap space the riders have but  I see them making a play for argo qb. Harris...The Tennessee gambler is going all in.

That move hinges on a) confidence in Brett Smith and Keith Price, or if they are for sure getting Trevor Harris. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Nice to read the  locker room thought so highly of Suber. 

Nice to hear Suber thought so highly of the Bomber locker room.

My 11 year old son's favorite Blue Bomber is Terrence Edwards. The content in the above Tweet demonstrates one of the many reasons why.

Classy move by Suber and our organization, all the best for Alex Suber.

Apparently there are players who enjoy and want to play here, weird. :-) 

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Im a little surprised if true just for the fact we hung onto brohm until nichols reupped, they must feel real confident about someone else...

Different situation.  Broom was signed and under contract for next season.  Moore is set to be a FA and a new deal would have to be negotiated to retain him.

If the two sides aren't anywhere close, it doesn't really matter if you cut him now or lose him in free agency.

Moving on from Semi Moore is a forgone conclusion it seems, and that's not really an issue. But I do agree, they must have another card to play, because they don't have a plethora of receivers as it is. So, the RedBlacks route seems to be the way we're going. Dressler plays into this quite nicely, I would think.

Edited by Mr Dee

I just read a bit of riderfans... They truly are starting to convince themselves that Dressler is the bad guy while Jones is good. Specially after the Dressler post.

The few rider fans who are not blinded do have a plausible theory. That Jones offered a real lowball offer to Chick and Dresser that they would obviously reject. He did this only so he can tell the fans that they tried to retain them in order for the fans to not riot and revolt day one.

I strongly believe Dressler when he said no real attempt to work with him to stay was made.

It's working because riderfans are posting that Dressler is a hypocrite and that he did the same to the club when he went to KC for money and that he isn't truly loyal because he went to the NFL.