Let the firings begin

tacklewasher

well I'll say this much, davis and davis are worth bring back as is resigning moore. We need some players that can tackle, I dont know what goes on during practice but that was a god awful display out there by quite a few players on D.  I dont know if they were gased by how ineffective our offense was most points in the game, but yeah that was as bad as ive seen it

I thought adams was one of our brighter spots on offense this year. not mind blowing but nobody really was.  i dont argue the rest though

When fans call out Adams for not hustling on every play, I guess it means they are at the games and see this for themselves. It's pretty damn hard to see that on TV coverage. Either that or there is that "illusion of truth", where if enough people say it, it must be true. I often fall for that, it's easy to do.

Adams, not hustling on every play? Don't know myself, but he may have that reputation.

He's served well, but we can do better.

As for released players... or guys not to sign....

Brohm

Darvin Adams - just no hustle when the ball isn't headed his way

Picard - what a waste of money

Bucknor - Sorry but guy is Def a weak link

That's my main ones.

I'd keep Bucknor as a backup but the other three can go right at the door with Bellfool. Add Greg Peach to that list as well.

I would actually be relieved if O'Shea was let go.  Heading into next season with the real possibility of achieving the same results is betting too much on "hope" imo.  Fan apathy will kick in much quicker next year if the same old, same old, reveals itself early on, and by Labour Day IGF will be as cheerful as a morgue.

I just don't think O'Shea knows which buttons to push to motivate this team.  Players who should have been fighting for their jobs tonight played like they didn't believe it or just didn't care.

I thought adams was one of our brighter spots on offense this year. not mind blowing but nobody really was. i dont argue the rest though

When fans call out Adams for not hustling on every play, I guess it means they are at the games and see this for themselves. It's pretty damn hard to see that on TV coverage. Either that or there is that "illusion of truth", where if enough people say it, it must be true. I often fall for that, it's easy to do.

Adams, not hustling on every play? Don't know myself, but he may have that reputation.

He's served well, but we can do better.

The thing with Adams is that despite his quickness and ability ..He has a tendency to let the ball get in on him, catching it with his body as opposed to his hands. Really noticeable when passes are thrown at the numbers. A great example was that first toss from Davis last night. He has also lost out on many balls he's needed to compete for .. he's soft when he needs to fight for a contested pass.

I just don't think O'Shea knows which buttons to push to motivate this team.

I could be wrong, but I think O'Shea is in the

"these are professional athletes, it's their job to motivate themselves"

group.

I have no idea about whether that works or not.

That was the sloppiest, inept attempt at tackling I've witnessed for quite awhile...Some players seemed that they were disinterested in remaining in bluengold...grant them their wish with a release....Fighting for jobs my arse...they were taking a trip east to get a last look at skydump...I have to wonder about motivation as far as O'Shea goes and  lack of..Numerous times this year the team looked unprepared and that's on the coach...Mike O better do a better job next year at getting these guys that remain the motivation it takes...You'd think as a professional it should be a given but that's not the case with some of the players...Get rid of the deadwood starting NOW and for cripes sake start with the inept coach and qb....So long Marcel and Brohm...I'm sick and tired of seeing those 'waste of spaces' being in our employ....Good luck Wade and Walters....you are now on the clock.

You can disagree, that's fine, that's your opinion and that's well and good but, I think it's pretty obvious that we are lacking team speed on O..

Moore isn't the fastest guy, He's not the slowest either, Denmark is a burner for sure but i agree wasn't really used properly at all, Kohlert is not a fast guy, The other Canadian be it, JFG or  Bastien were not fast either, Adams is a little too inconsistent for my liking, there is a reason Toronto let him go and I think, at times he showed why they let him go and quite honestly, why we signed him in the same game, He has flashes but also tons of mental brain farts... First pass of the game last night, nice ball to adams, really nice throw actually... drops it, no excuse for that and we've seen that from adams a bunch of times... 

I mean, i Don't want a guy like that track start a few years ago who couldn't catch, Ibrahim something or Abraham something, all speed and no ability to catch but we definitely need to improve our team speed on O as a whole, maybe we do have it but MB just never took advantage of it but... it seemed to me when you compare our 5 receivers vs anyone elses top 5 receivers, bombers are pretty damn slow. 

And maybe it is a result of the OC just being a stupid asshat but... it's tough to say... Really think we could use another burner on the roster, maybe it's by finding a way to play with the ratio a bit and start 4 International receivers and Kohlert but... Definitely seemed to lack team speed on O... Think theres some quotes out there from other teams coaches saying Winnipeg is easy to play against because they lack team speed on O... they are easy to defend.

Again perhaps it's MB and his schemes but.. some of it has to be on the players doesn't it?

I mean, Import/International Receiver should not be that difficult to find or replace... Wheres our Eric Rogers or Darrel Walker or SJ Green or Ryan Smith or Manny Arcenaux or Sinopoli for that matter, Earnest Jackson, Kevin Elliot, are we the only team in the league without a receiver who hit 1000 yards??? 

You can disagree, that's fine, that's your opinion and that's well and good but, I think it's pretty obvious that we are lacking team speed on O..

Moore isn't the fastest guy, He's not the slowest either, Denmark is a burner for sure but i agree wasn't really used properly at all, Kohlert is not a fast guy, The other Canadian be it, JFG or  Bastien were not fast either, Adams is a little too inconsistent for my liking, there is a reason Toronto let him go and I think, at times he showed why they let him go and quite honestly, why we signed him in the same game, He has flashes but also tons of mental brain farts... First pass of the game last night, nice ball to adams, really nice throw actually... drops it, no excuse for that and we've seen that from adams a bunch of times... 

I mean, i Don't want a guy like that track start a few years ago who couldn't catch, Ibrahim something or Abraham something, all speed and no ability to catch but we definitely need to improve our team speed on O as a whole, maybe we do have it but MB just never took advantage of it but... it seemed to me when you compare our 5 receivers vs anyone elses top 5 receivers, bombers are pretty damn slow. 

Fair enough, and generally the CND's won't be your fastest receivers. I disagree about Moore. He was consistently behind the defence his first year here. I think if you compare our REC to anyone else, speed and size would probably be the biggest differences. You're probably right we could use some more speed on O, I'd like that speed to come in a 6'3 frame though :)