Let the firings begin

tacklewasher

And the standing bet with my brother in law in S'toon is that if the Riders finish lower than the Bombers, He has to wear a Bomber shirt all next season, and vice versa, so if the Riders turn it around next year from this debacle, I will be really pissed-off. If O'Shea is retained, I might as well order a new Rider jersey for 2017.

The Richards one seemed to be more of a "surprise pick" by the draft panel.     What's odd is that they would reach for a receiver out of Saskatchewan after being ridiculed for the Etienne pick from before.  

You would think they would of tried to not make the same mistakes of Mack or at least try to make it seem like the team would go in a different direction.      

Well Walters was the top NI scout when Mack was here, perhaps Mack is taking too much heat from fans?

Yes Mack took way more heat. Back when they fired him I remember Walters sliding in potshots as well and stating the right person was now in charge, etc. Basically he was off-loading all the blame onto Mack. Very easy to do because he was directly in the headlights. Don't forget though that Walters was brought in as some Canadian talent expert and held the second highest position next to Mack. So it was not like he was powerless. He basically admitted he was a toothless coward. Now that he is in charge though we find that he is definitely not living up to the hype. We have had weak NI talent for the five years(?) he has been here and before that he was a middling ST coach.

IN all honesty if I had to pick and choose between keeping one of MOS or Walters I would give Walters the heave-ho first. There is more than enough evidence that he doesn't do a good job, while going by what MOS was able to do with STs he at least may have an upside. (Realistically though both should be shown the door with MB)

Mack deserved all the heat he took for bringing in guys like Goltz and Hall. His real downfall though was listening to Tim Burke.

Actually I thought bringing in Max Hall was a solid move,  while he was not spectacular the guy did have a good pedigree and definitely was much better then Brohm. 

And the standing bet with my brother in law in S'toon is that if the Riders finish lower than the Bombers, He has to wear a Bomber shirt all next season, and vice versa, so if the Riders turn it around next year from this debacle, I will be really pissed-off. If O'Shea is retained, I might as well order a new Rider jersey for 2017.

Oh no! You agreed to this given the present circumstances?

The Richards one seemed to be more of a "surprise pick" by the draft panel.     What's odd is that they would reach for a receiver out of Saskatchewan after being ridiculed for the Etienne pick from before.  

You would think they would of tried to not make the same mistakes of Mack or at least try to make it seem like the team would go in a different direction.      

Well Walters was the top NI scout when Mack was here, perhaps Mack is taking too much heat from fans?

Yes Mack took way more heat. Back when they fired him I remember Walters sliding in potshots as well and stating the right person was now in charge, etc. Basically he was off-loading all the blame onto Mack. Very easy to do because he was directly in the headlights. Don't forget though that Walters was brought in as some Canadian talent expert and held the second highest position next to Mack. So it was not like he was powerless. He basically admitted he was a toothless coward. Now that he is in charge though we find that he is definitely not living up to the hype. We have had weak NI talent for the five years(?) he has been here and before that he was a middling ST coach.

IN all honesty if I had to pick and choose between keeping one of MOS or Walters I would give Walters the heave-ho first. There is more than enough evidence that he doesn't do a good job, while going by what MOS was able to do with STs he at least may have an upside. (Realistically though both should be shown the door with MB)

Good post. Someone was saying O'Shea was a ST coach for 4 years before getting our HC job. I hadn't realized he had been coaching that long. Good grief, you'd think he would have picked up a lot more football smarts than what he has shown during his time here. Talk about a slow learner. Yikes!

Good post. Someone was saying O'Shea was a ST coach for 4 years before getting our HC job. I hadn't realized he had been coaching that long. Good grief, you'd think he would have picked up a lot more football smarts than what he has shown during his time here. Talk about a slow learner. Yikes!

I actually dont think 4 years is long. Especially since his highest positino of authority was special teams coordinator. For 4 years. That`s it. And then he was handed the keys to our franchise. Just ridiculous lack of judgement by our BOD and Walters.

We've had the wager going for 10 years, and I'm sick of losing.

I actually dont think 4 years is long. Especially since his highest positino of authority was special teams coordinator. For 4 years. That`s it. And then he was handed the keys to our franchise. Just ridiculous lack of judgement by our BOD and Walters.

Oh, you're right! 4 years isn't very long at all. But you'd think after 4 years you might know when to call a time-out, or throw a challenge flag, or know enough not to ice your own kicker.

We've had the wager going for 10 years, and I'm sick of losing.

emb1.gif

Lmfao @ keys to the franchise, dont try and embellish too hard. Hes a head coach for cryin out loud.

Oh, you're right! 4 years isn't very long at all. But you'd think after 4 years you might know when to call a time-out, or throw a challenge flag, or know enough not to ice your own kicker.
You are like a dog with a bone. Its been explained countless times why he called that time out AND the kicker hit BOTH kicks. Get over it..

I thought the icing the kicker (im assuming was the kick by castillo he still made after to beat bc) was due to the time clock about to expire and he didnt want the kicker trying from longer with the penalty

Yes I agree that's why he called the time out although it seemed to me that we got the play off in time. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824bd9ff/Garrett-ices-his-own-kicker

LOL!

I thought the icing the kicker (im assuming was the kick by castillo he still made after to beat bc) was due to the time clock about to expire and he didnt want the kicker trying from longer with the penalty

That is EXACTLY why he did it but J5V seems to think this iced castillo.. Even tho he hit both kicks lol

the Riders going from 5-13 to winning a GC at home in 2 years. All under the SMS I might add.

Under the SMS then but they're in SMS hell now. Bad SMS management was the reason Taman was fired according to the Riders President/CEO.

Links? The media took a lot of shots at Mack but I don't remember Walters saying anything.

That is EXACTLY why he did it but J5V seems to think this iced castillo.. Even tho he hit both kicks lol

That was on the players, you take as much time off the clock as you can, call the time out, then kick the field goal, the ball should never have been snapped. Good coaching move.