Let the firings begin

tacklewasher

As far as Burris.....who could of predicted the season he is having?

But Ottawa did put an O line around him, that can actually block.  They also use the no-huddle and spread O packages very well.  Rebuilding their receiving corps and bringing in a lot of size and speed didn't hurt, either.

.....you know, the kind of things, we seem incapable of doing....

Like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. It still doesn't stop the bleeding. This firing won't help make things right.

True Dat - I had no use for MB but the firing should have gone higher up the food chain. It will be interesting to see what the STH count will be like in 2016 with Miller and his boys still running the gong show.

I think this is a financial move by Miller & the Bombers.They could afford to fire Bellefeuille but the team doesn't want to clean house with everyone i'd assume finishing off their 2nd year of 3 year contracts so he took the fall because it was the cheapest thing to do. Funny though how MOS gets a free pass from some vocal positron Bomber fans here & in the media because of the Willy injury but the guy who it affected most in MB gets fired to appease the masses. It's a great excuse for O'Shea but a clean shot to the head for MB. 

MB came to the end of his contract so it cost nothing to get rid of him. I don't know where the rest of the offensive coaches contracts stand, but I'd guess they are all either over this year or next. Any offensive coaches with a contract for next year will have a leg up on their replacements because the team won't have to pay twice for the same position coaches if we keep them.

It is funny that losing Willy is an excuse to keep O'Shea but not an excuse to keep MB.

The global philosophy of this organization is we need stability. Stability has now become we are afraid to make a decision because we may make another wrong decision? What MBA program is that from? Well fellas don't make a wrong decision but when it doesn't work now you will all be ass out.

The unfortunate part of keeping this management has resulted in two things. (We see it here). The fanbase will be fractured down the middle with people like me that want everyone gone as they have failed in my eyes & the other camp who don't want change because of the past. The result is a fanbase either afraid to face the future again with new people  in place because it means starting over. Or fans angry with the decision to stay the course because they feel no one deserves a final  year based on the last two. What this does to the season ticket base is anyone's guess. It can't be good, though. Why would people spend money  on a team that just... can't.... win? Nothing about this team is positive right now. 

It was already reported that most of the offensive coaches are at the end of 2 year contacts.

It was already reported that most of the offensive coaches are at the end of 2 year contacts.

So HC has 3 yr deal but offensive coaches get 2? Well, we'll see who stays & who goes then...

I think the fan base after years of crap just don't give two shits about the club regardless if they clean house or not.

I think the general attitude is that most folks just have zero interest at all with the club.

Just look on these board..the regulars barely posted in the game threads and just have no real hope at all.

To many years of hoping to turn things around and getting excited over nothing.

The last time I was excited to watch this team is like year one of Lapolice... It's been so long that we rotated in a tonne of people only to come back to Lapo lol.

MB came to the end of his contract so it cost nothing to get rid of him. I don't know where the rest of the offensive coaches contracts stand, but I'd guess they are all either over this year or next. Any offensive coaches with a contract for next year will have a leg up on their replacements because the team won't have to pay twice for the same position coaches if we keep them.

It is funny that losing Willy is an excuse to keep O'Shea but not an excuse to keep MB.

There is a definitely a  double standard regarding those two coaches.

Also, people have been telling me all season, that our two fifths at least of the O line was useless at best. Someone explain how Marcel is supposed to call plays that overcome this problem.

Which play(s) would that be? How do you work around that problem again?

I

I never liked Lapo, he got a raw deal for sure but he seemed liked too much of a X's & O's  guy.

Not anymore than any other coach.  His problem is that he's stuck to the form chart so much that he paralyzes himself.  You have to take some risks to win.  He had his best stint working with Ken Miller who was absolutely insane, polar opposite of him, as a play caller.

Interesting Tweets from Terrence Edwards.  

[/twitter][twitter]Terrence Edwards ‏@Tjedwards82 · 18h18 hours ago

I hope Marcus Brady gets the opportunity to be the next OC in @Wpg_BlueBombers..

This one is the most intriguing one for me... what does he mean by "gets the opportunity"... Does he know that Brady will be let go at season's end?... what's wrong with his current opportunity?

Really seems like all the "in the know" people like MOS and want him kept around. People know he's going to be a great HC one day and it'd be a mistake to let him go too soon. 

Let's hope those "in the know" actually know what they're talking about...

Interesting Tweets from Terrence Edwards.

[/twitter][twitter]Terrence Edwards ‏@Tjedwards82 · 18h18 hours ago

I hope Marcus Brady gets the opportunity to be the next OC in @Wpg_BlueBombers..

This one is the most intriguing one for me... what does he mean by "gets the opportunity"... Does he know that Brady will be let go at season's end?... what's wrong with his current opportunity?

Really seems like all the "in the know" people like MOS and want him kept around. People know he's going to be a great HC one day and it'd be a mistake to let him go too soon.

Let's hope those "in the know" actually know what they're talking about...

That's what makes then In The Know....

Remember Mikes post a couple days ago about Howell and how he got slapped down by smart people for hating on him? We need more of that around here. Guys with real game knowledge to say what's what.

To me, Brady is the choice.

What's not to like about him as a candidate?

- He's a former CFL QB

- He's familiar with Mike O'Shea

- He's probably one of the only coaches in the CFL with his level of experience who has yet to be fired

- He's got a track record as a successful coordinator and he runs exactly the type of offense we're all hoping to see.

All aboard the Brady bandwagon.