Lirim Hajrullahu

Like the rest of the Bombers he was unable to deal with adversity. Go figure.

I think there is something in the man we can salvage.  Even goalies have terrible games and they're paid a lot more.

If an NHL goalie gassed 5 shots between his pads there'd be accountability as he'd be sent down to that team's AHL farm team. But like voodochyle says he'll be allowed to trot out & keep on kicking ..errrrrr.... missing..

Like the rest of the Bombers he was unable to deal with adversity. Go figure.

I think there is something in the man we can salvage. Even goalies have terrible games and they're paid a lot more.

If an NHL goalie gassed 5 shots between his pads there'd be accountability as he'd be sent down to that team's AHL farm team. But like voodochyle says he'll be allowed to trot out & keep on kicking ..errrrrr.... missing..
Nah. He just wouldn't get the start next game. One bad game doesn't mean he'd be sent down. Lirim is odd tho. Started 16 of 19. Since is 6 of 13. Makes you wonder why. Wonder if the holds are off a bit. Guy is mentally strong. He's dealt with lots in his life. Wonder if changing holders would help. I do think you have to dress Castillo next game tho.

There's an important optical that has surfaced once again and this time its Hajrullahu. I am not advocating that we take out the blindfold and cigarette but this is yet another instance where the Bombers (and I am assuming that O'Shea is responsible) have allowed a painfully obvious struggling player or coach to continue even when the evidence is overwhelming that a change was/is needed. Hajrullahu has been getting worse and worse with no repercussions and Bellefeuille continues to underwhelm. And then there was our "middle linebacker" last year and Chevon this year, etc. Is there a pattern here?

There's an important optical that has surfaced once again and this time its Hajrullahu. I am not advocating that we take out the blindfold and cigarette but this is yet another instance where the Bombers (and I am assuming that O'Shea is responsible) have allowed a painfully obvious struggling player or coach to continue even when the evidence is overwhelming that a change was/is needed. Hajrullahu has been getting worse and worse with no repercussions and Bellefeuille continues to underwhelm. And then there was our "middle linebacker" last year and Chevon this year, etc. Is there a pattern here?

As far as I can tell O'Shea only believes in giving a struggling player positive encouragement. There is never anything negative. He is like a parent defending his child from the world and in his eyes that child can do no wrong even if that child is a little so-and-so.

If the kicker makes a field goal, somebody misses a tackle on a punt return, and other team returns it for a touchdown. Or our kick returner fumbles the kick off.

or the coach doesn't throw the challenge flag, when even he admits he should have. or somebody takes a stupid penalty, offence or defence. like hoofing the ball after making an interception.

or there's a too many men on the field. or we keep running it up the middle, even though it hasn't worked all season. or our best receiver drops three passes that hit him in the hands. Or the defence allows the opposing offence to pass it down the field with a minute left, to get into field goal range. 

Everybody on this team takes a turn at screwing up. If it's not one guy, it's another. including the coaches.

Football is a team game  they say.

If the kicker makes a field goal, somebody misses a tackle on a punt return, and other team returns it for a touchdown. Or our kick returner fumbles the kick off.

or the coach doesn't throw the challenge flag, when even he admits he should have. or somebody takes a stupid penalty, offence or defence. like hoofing the ball after making an interception.

or there's a too many men on the field. or we keep running it up the middle, even though it hasn't worked all season. or our best receiver drops three passes that hit him in the hands. Or the defence allows the opposing offence to pass it down the field with a minute left, to get into field goal range. 

Everybody on this team takes a turn at screwing up. If it's not one guy, it's another. including the coaches.

Football is a team game  they say.

And when its time to cut the grass, you cut it at the top first. If the entire team, or close to it,  is a mess that has to say something sad about whoever is supposed to be leading it.

Brohm has been in pro leagues for what 8 years? This is LH's 2nd year. He deserves a break because he's still wet behind the ears and there's still a good chance he gets it together.

Not to mention the fact this city gave Westwood a break for pretty much of the 2000s and losing the 2001 Grey Cup. He was freaking awful from 2001 to when he was forced out.

All hail Mad Doug Berry for that!  Even though Kelly brought him back the next year.  Only as a punter mind you.  Troy was a good punter.

Brohm has been in pro leagues for what 8 years? This is LH's 2nd year. He deserves a break because he's still wet behind the ears and there's still a good chance he gets it together.

Not to mention the fact this city gave Westwood a break for pretty much of the 2000s and losing the 2001 Grey Cup. He was freaking awful from 2001 to when he was forced out.

All hail Mad Doug Berry for that!  Even though Kelly brought him back the next year.  Only as a punter mind you.  Troy was a good punter.

He was a crap punter. He couldn't place the ball 9 out of ten times.

Lol at suggestions to get rid of him. He set a team record for kicking percentage in his rookie season.. And now like many others, is hitting a softmore slump.. We cut him, we have another peredes situation on our hands except this time we have developed him..

Lol at suggestions to get rid of him. He set a team record for kicking percentage in his rookie season.. And now like many others, is hitting a softmore slump.. We cut him, we have another peredes situation on our hands except this time we have developed him..

Okee dokee. 

I can't recall any kicker of significance that's had a year this bad.  I'd say this year lumps him in with Serna and late career DeAngelis. I challenge anyone to name a good kicker who's come back from a year like this.

The other thing is he is not signed on for more than 4 more games anyway. We're supposed to be careful with his ego or something?  A guy who doesn't even want to be a Bomber?

I'm never an advocate of blaming a loss on a kicker... but there are always exceptions....

If Sergio Castillo has been on the roster this long... he must be capable... I would not cut Lirim right now.... but if he comes to Vancouver (to play) next week then I'm officially done with this coaching staff...