Nichols is the man.

Fatty Liver

Remember, Nichols has been in the league for more than a few years now.  So that being the case, how likely is it that he goes from a guy who ended up 3rd on the Eskimo's depth chart and expendable to a legitimate starter inside 1 year.  The short answer is: he doesn't 

Almost like a guy named Crompton who was 4th on the depth chart and went on to become a 7-1 starter for another team.....   what team did he play for before he joined the Als??

Remember, Nichols has been in the league for more than a few years now.  So that being the case, how likely is it that he goes from a guy who ended up 3rd on the Eskimo's depth chart and expendable to a legitimate starter inside 1 year.  The short answer is: he doesn't 

Almost like a guy named Crompton who was 4th on the depth chart and went on to become a 7-1 starter for another team.....   what team did he play for before he joined the Als??

Really an apples to oranges comparison.  Crompton was not a known quantity in the league, so it's not quite the same thing.  Nichols has been in the league for 6 years, every GM knows him and yet we got him for next to nothing.  Now, of course, I'm pleased that he is here and I hope he plays well, but I really don't see him becoming the starter that lots of teams are suddenly interested in considering if they really thought he was that good, he'd have been picked up much earlier.

Harris was 3rd on the Argos depth chart two seasons ago and now he's definitely looked upon as starter material?

I don't think highly of Nichols and don't see teams beating down the door to sign the guy,  but it is possible for someone to go from 3rd string to starter right away in the CFL.     

I see the guy getting a decent offer from a few teams if he plays decent with this subpar offense.  

It's amazing what a win will do around here.

Nichols didn't win the game last night the defence did. Nichols could have cost us the game with 3 turnovers in the first half, but he threw a TD pass (The first since Willy went down?) so now he's 'the man' and should be paid like a starter? IMO, Brohm/Marve/'A dozen or so other backup QB's' have set the bar so low that Nichols just looks like our saviour. He's a big upgrade over our other backup QB's, but lets see what he can do for more than a single game against the worst defence in the league before we make any silly proclamations about him.

Way to gloss over everything. nichols threw deep balls better then marve or brohm. He executed the offense properly. Made better fakes and moved the ball with his feet when needed. Did he play mistake-free? No. Did it look like his first game as a bomber after 4 practices? Yes.

I dont think many are clamouring for him to be #1 but many see his value and that he is leagues better then previous QBs..

Give the man his due. If he doesnt make the first downs and move the chains, maybe our defense tires out again..

You're the one whose glossing over his mistakes. Better than Marve/Brohm? Sure. I said as much in my post.

'The Man'? After 1 game? Where he played inconsistently at best? Nah. We've seen lots of QB's have a good half before. Most don't end up being 'The Man'.

So just conviently ignore what hes done in edmonton this season as well.. Its not like he was brohming it up over there..

You also have to remember, Nichols is still new to this offense.  He's only been practicing with the team for a week and a bit.  That first half to me was him figuring out the groove of the offense.  The second half he started to light it up a bit more.  Give him a couple more games and he might surprise some people.

You also have to remember, Nichols is still new to this offense.  He's only been practicing with the team for a week and a bit.  That first half to me was him figuring out the groove of the offense.  The second half he started to light it up a bit more.  Give him a couple more games and he might surprise some people.

I've been watching Nicols for 6 years here. I know what he brings and I know the type of Qb he is. He's now hitting his prime. He's a lot better than any QB the bombers have recruited from the US (not from other CFL teams) since Sean Salisbury and prior to Danny Mac - that's why we're the joke of the CFL. As for the rest - you guys figure it out. I already know it.

Coincidentally because the Esks made a mistake thinking that Nichols was better than Crompton.

Nichols is better than Crompton.

Nichols reminds me of Tommy Burgess. Not flashy or upwardly mobile but extremely accurate and makes good decisions. The 1990 Bombers just needed a QB who didn't turn over the ball a lot and who got them enough points for their dominating defence to win them games. The second half of that game on Saturday reminded me a lot of the way the 1990 team won games. Khalil Bass just needs to morph into Greg Battle, and we're set! :)

brohming it up

lol

starting to feel sorry for brohm, when his name is synonymous with ineptitude.

Yeah, like he really Brohm'd that kick, or that was such a Brohm kick.

This is fun...here's a few more:

Tim Burke was the most Brohm head coach ever.

This years LDC was such a Brohm game.

Arash Madani is such a Brohm.

EJ Kuale is the most Brohm linebacker in Blue Bombers history.

Paul Friesen’s boss is a Brohm for not firing him yet.

Mosaic Stadium's bathrooms are Brohm.

Ya ... not that funny.