Nichols is the man.

Fatty Liver

"Almost" 300 yards passing against the worst D in the league by far is a rather small thing to be pleased with. I'm reasonably happy myself but that's more a testament to the crap we've had to deal with for years.

Small thing to be pleased with? After the shoosterfunk that we've been subjected to at QB? After a handful of practices? After that horrible start? ...and playing behind yet another O-line combination?

The very point is that our QB did make the plays..that moved the ball..that won the game..that we absolutely needed.

It's a very big thing to be pleased with compared to what it would have been like around here without that "small" performance.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet - Ottawa.

Someone needs to explain that auto ignore function to me. Please?

Click on the persons profile then click ignore. Can't do it with moderators, but easy to ignore a specific persons posts whenever u see their name. Exact same as ignore function :)

It's amazing what a win will do around here.

Nichols didn't win the game last night the defence did. Nichols could have cost us the game with 3 turnovers in the first half, but he threw a TD pass (The first since Willy went down?) so now he's 'the man' and should be paid like a starter? IMO, Brohm/Marve/'A dozen or so other backup QB's' have set the bar so low that Nichols just looks like our saviour. He's a big upgrade over our other backup QB's, but lets see what he can do for more than a single game against the worst defence in the league before we make any silly proclamations about him.

No one is saying, as far as I can tell, that he's our saviour.  Rather he seems to be a more than servicable backup QB.  We'll get to see more of him in the coming weeks so we'll be better able to make that determination, but it certainly looks promising.

And seriously, you're going to judge his abilities based off of the first half of the first game he's played for us?  With all of four practices?  Of the three turnovers, I'd put one, and only one, on him.  Some people seem to have an unrealistic opinion of how long it takes to fit into a new system, a fear of giving credit where credit is due, or both.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet - Ottawa.

Someone needs to explain that auto ignore function to me. Please?

Click on the persons profile then click ignore. Can't do it with moderators, but easy to ignore a specific persons posts whenever u see their name. Exact same as ignore function :)

Blessing upon you!

How many of the 1st half TOs were Nichols fault? You gonna put that Adams one on him?

2.. both of his fumbles. 

He get's blindsided by a guy coming through on a missed block and you think that's on him?  Ok then, I guess.  The fumble where he was tackled running downfield, that one, for sure is his.  You gotta hang on to the ball better when you stop being a QB and start being a RB, no question.

Nichols had a fantastic game. His fumble deep in Sask territory is definitely on him, but anyone blaming him for the interception or other fumble is high. He got smoked from behind hard... if that was Willy in the pocket no one would question it. And the pick? Receiver got 2 hands on it and proceeded to lateral it to a Rider. Not on Nichols.

Made one major mistake......got blindsided on first fumble, Adams bungled the ball into his one int.  He did shake those off and gave us some passing, and more importantly some TOP (for our D)

I'd say this is the biggest thing he brings to this team. Our D is good enough to keep most games close, maybe even win a few, but when they've played the amount they should play in an entire game by the end of the 3rd quarter, there's nothing left in the 4th.

If we lost this game, it would be all about the 5 turnovers.  We won, so folks either ignore them or just explain them away.  

The title of this thread is Nichols is the man. That has a very different connotation than Nichols is more than a serviceable backup QB. 

Sure Nichols got hit on the first fumble. It's still up to him to hold onto the ball. Wouldn't be any different if it was Willy or Reilly or any other QB for that matter.

Watched it a couple of times now and i don't see a deflection, i see a ball that was thrown slightly behind the receiver but adams did get both of his hands on it... he should have had it...I would put that one on Adams for sure, any time the receiver gets both hands on the ball and doesn't come up with the catch, it's on the receiver.