Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

I wouldn't even let MB on the return flight home. Enough is enough. I've seen more imaginative play calling in peewee ball.

I used to think it was the on field personnel but these last few games have completely changed my mind.

Today wasn't MB's fault. Today was on the players.

Sure the receivers didn't help but did you watch the play calling.   MB doesn't get a mulligan just because the players played like their OC.   Utter crap. 

I wouldn't even let MB on the return flight home. Enough is enough. I've seen more imaginative play calling in peewee ball.

I used to think it was the on field personnel but these last few games have completely changed my mind.

Sure the receivers didn't help but did you watch the play calling. MB doesn't get a mulligan just because the players played like their OC. Utter crap.

I thought the play calling was fine today. Problem was the players. The players couldn't execute, made too many mistakes. I do think there's a leadership problem.

Sure the receivers didn't help but did you watch the play calling. MB doesn't get a mulligan just because the players played like their OC. Utter crap.

I thought the play calling was fine today. Problem was the players. The players couldn't execute, made too many mistakes. I do think there's a leadership problem.

Watch the game again...  bombers biggest gains were on broken plays or second effort by Marshall.

Teams are waiting for the Denmark fly and the hitch screen.  They know that MB doesn't move the pocket.  Keep building the pressure as the game progresses and the bombers will break.

Watch the game again...  bombers biggest gains were on broken plays or second effort by Marshall.

Teams are waiting for the Denmark fly and the hitch screen.  They know that MB doesn't move the pocket.  Keep building the pressure as the game progresses and the bombers will break.

agreed. Hitch plays, runs up the middle.. 23 of 48 for Nichols, 48 fn passes. UNREAL. The play calling is so predictable and vanilla. One good half vs the worst D in the league does not save MB's ass. 

agreed. Hitch plays, runs up the middle.. 23 of 48 for Nichols, 48 fn passes. UNREAL. The play calling is so predictable and vanilla. One good half vs the worst D in the league does not save MB's ass. 

Did you want us to run the ball when we were down 32-3?

Watch the game again... bombers biggest gains were on broken plays or second effort by Marshall.

Teams are waiting for the Denmark fly and the hitch screen. They know that MB doesn't move the pocket. Keep building the pressure as the game progresses and the bombers will break.

Play calling wasn't why we lost. Play calling was fine; not terrible, not great. We lost because of special teams and players not executing and making stupid mistakes/dropped balls.

No but when it was 3 0 or 6 0 why not? we didn't tho. 

We never do. 

Irving and brown just going off on the play calling right now big time. 

The OC is putting players in positions to fail, Denmark asked to catch hitch passes and make guys miss, that's not what Denmark does.. Denmark beats guys with his speed, he's a speed guy.. he's not a make 5 guys miss guy.... What does MB have him do tho/ hitch passes that he has to make 5 guys miss to gain 1 yard..

It's the play calling, it's the fitting square pegs in to round holes thing.

I've always been under the impression you don't design an O around what you think is best, you design it around the players you have... MB instead of using our players strengths, he's using their weakness and asking them to do things they are incapable of doing.

Denmark is the perfect example, hitch pass, try to make 5 guys miss... he's not that guy tho, he's a speed guy who beats guys with his speed... MB says screw that tho and let's just throw hitch passes to these guys.. Let's not use their strengths at all. 

One good half vs the worst D in the league last week, does not change the fact that our O sucks and has sucked for going on 2 years now... bottom of the league in pretty much every category... yeah Brohm and Marve sucked but... the O wasn't exactly good with Willy either... Bottom of the league for 2 years now... yet the OC is still here running the same damn O that sucks so bad. 

You seem to be the only one

You seem to be the only one
That's cool :)

bellfool definitely is guilty of not having any room for error in his offense. Either the play works or else its a fail. Its also predictable... One would assume due to his time in the CFL and lack of "new age" thinking. His offense is one dimensional..

Its time. He has shown to be unwilling to make changes to put his players in positions to succeed. He puts players in positions where he thinks (hopes?) they can do what he wants them to.. I agree, denmark on hitches is asinine. Why not veltung or someone who is shifty and elusive?

bellfool definitely is guilty of not having any room for error in his offense. Either the play works or else its a fail. Its also predictable... One would assume due to his time in the CFL and lack of "new age" thinking. His offense is one dimensional..

Its time. He has shown to be unwilling to make changes to put his players in positions to succeed. He puts players in positions where he thinks (hopes?) they can do what he wants them to.. I agree, denmark on hitches is asinine. Why not veltung or someone who is shifty and elusive?

Like, Denmark scored a TD on a hitch last year. Like you know, it's bound to work again some day, really,

We have not scored more than 26 points in a game since week 2 of 2014. That is 28 games of such failure with Marcel.

We got 30 in week 1 this season.

Clearly I need to drink less before I post.

3 games under ten this year (Edmonton, Calgary, Hamilton), 5 under 20 (Edmonton, Calgary, Hamilton, Montreal, Riders).

According to the post-game shows on both OB ans 1290, there is a consensus that Bellefeuille will last out the season due to both O'Shea's loyalty to his hires and also because the season is de facto over, and bringing in another defensive coordinator would be a waste of time and money. Both shows were highly critical of Bellefeuille and that he had been kept on for so long in the face of overwhelming evidence that he is incompetent. I have no doubt that O'Shea has doomed himself for allowing this travesty of an offence to continue for so long. O'Shea will doubtless continue to voice optimism that the team can turn the season around right down to the last game, but he has to to know that he is a deadman walking and the players must also see the last shreds of playoff hope pretty much gone. The way the team played in the first half confirms their beliefs about where the team is going.

As a side note, according to Lawless, the University of Guelph is going to be trying their damnedest to hire Walters away from the Bombers for their football program, so we probably looking at a wholesale change in the Bomber offices. Tom Higgins, anyone?