Mr Miller, please do NOT hire Brendan Taman in ANY capacity!

IC Khari

actually id take him as a cfl scout or a us talent scout. Similar to danny mac's role. Taman was awful with scouting canadian talent, and trading (pics) but he did bring up some good american talent. That said i dont think itll happen. I think he will be out of the cfl for the rest of the year and maybe next waiting for another GM job to open up. Maybe ott brings him in since they have little use of him that seems to be how they work.

Yup, bring back the guy who so totally stripped this team of Canadian talent and overall depth - we have not totally recovered yet....when injuries struck, some of the people we use to trott out there were beyond embarrassing.  Can't find a guy who could scout the US as well as Taman?   Really?

Taman (and Lapo) represent the glory days?  Whatever.

Pining for retreads, is some kind of religion, round these parts.

There's discussion at riderfans about Dunigan's assertion that Taman was the source for the Lawless article on the firing of Chamblin. Some speculation that he may have given the story to Lawless to in some ratlike way, preserve his own crumbling employment. If true who needs people like that here, we just got rid of Mack ...

a) hes collecting a fat cheque from saskabush still..

b ) would he really accept a reduced role such as scout assistant or gm assistant?

i think he would be a good lean on for walters experience wiae but otherwise.. kind of a pipe dream.. or nightmare for some here lol

There's discussion at riderfans about Dunigan's assertion that Taman was the source for the Lawless article on the firing of Chamblin. Some speculation that he may have given the story to Lawless to in some ratlike way, preserve his own crumbling employment. If true who needs people like that here, we just got rid of Mack ...

I'm sure he was the source. Taman and Lawless seem to be pretty good buddies and Taman is probably the source for a lot of Lawless' CFL tips.

I don't think it was meant as an underhanded thing. Taman easily could have thrown CC under the bus in an effort to save his job, he just waited too long. Although, I'm pretty sure the Rider board always intended to get O'Day in the chair.

I have no problem with Taman as a scout...  just keep him away from the draft picks

Never know, he might be interested - scouts are totally off the radar

That being said, I'd do my best to get Tillman here in the off-season - but I'd be surprised if he's not bound for Sask

Gee all he did was win the Cup. Remember the Cup?

Actually yes he did.  He won the cup by doing what he tried to do here, trade away draft picks for aging Americans, load up on free agents, and build up to what we got in 2007.  A shot at the cup.  We lost, but in 2013 it finally paid off after how many tries?  And now we see the result of his strategy in Regina, same as here when he left.  A completely depleted roster which will take a long time to recover from.

He's a mediocre GM (at best) flying by the seat of his pants, looking no further than the end of the year.  No thanks.