Shotgun?

Pitthead

Guess clock runs when you snap the ball right? Or when ref whistles play in? Like 30 seconds left. Probably run off 5 8 seconds there with a sneak. I don't like the shotgun call but maybe they were gonna look for the pass but got pressured to quick. Marve might have made the wrong read there but still dumb formation

didnt we go through this enough last year. (late in the year, goal line, and we go shot gun) 

Im sure the wagons will be circling MB and we will see lots of calls for his job. Generally i dont think firing an oc/dc mid season makes a huge difference. As they have designed the system and you cant really change it mid season with any good effect. but MB play calling is soo bad im not sure it could do any actual harm.

Barring a major and miraculous turnaround of the team, there is probably going to be a large-scale houscleaning at the end of the season, and O'Shea is far from safe. He doesn't coach special teams (although he has apparently been breathing down Tracy's neck of late) or the offence, he was instrumental in choosing them. I still have optimism for Marve, but there are too many other holes in this team to expect better than a 6 and 12 record. Even if Willy was here, it wouldn't have made a critical difference last night and we still have at least two months to go.

There was only 24 secs left, might as well just pass, no need for the read option at that time. As JBR said, it was mass panic on and off the field, everyone just didn't look prepared for the scenario, becoming a common theme.

My guess is that they had the next play in to Marve if it was 3rd and longer than a couple yards or a first down, same play, before that 2nd down play.  Hard to really prepare for the scenario they ended up in with it being 3rd and almost 2 yards.  Harder with a very inexperienced QB who was obviously fighting pretty hard just to get through the game at that point.  The read option wouldn't be a bad call because you are isolating one defender and giving two of your better guys with the ball, Marve and Marshall a chance to get it done.  By that point it seemed to me that Marve's ability to throw more than about 7-8 yards vertically down the field was severely compromised.

Barring a major and miraculous turnaround of the team, there is probably going to be a large-scale houscleaning at the end of the season...

Never ever have believed in houseclearing. That guarantees you will not make the playoffs the next season. You bring guys in and may the best talent win - except for the Canadian ratio thing where you don't have to be better.

Barring a major and miraculous turnaround of the team, there is probably going to be a large-scale houscleaning at the end of the season...

Never ever have believed in houseclearing. That guarantees you will not make the playoffs the next season. You bring guys in and may the best talent win - except for the Canadian ratio thing where you don't have to be better.

Worked in Hamilton.  Cleaned house in 2012 with a 6-12 team including a first year coach and brought in Austin plus several others and the team went 10-8 and made it to the Grey Cup.  Went to the Grey Cup last year too.

Honestly, some people have these preconceived ideas of how they think things will work out without providing any evidence to back up these preconceptions.

I'm not saying the Bombers are due for a housecleaning just yet.  Let's see how the season plays out first.  No excuses for the team to not win at least one of their next three.  I think they have a shot at winning two of the next three personally.

There was only 24 secs left, might as well just pass, no need for the read option at that time. As JBR said, it was mass panic on and off the field, everyone just didn't look prepared for the scenario, becoming a common theme.

My guess is that they had the next play in to Marve if it was 3rd and longer than a couple yards or a first down, same play, before that 2nd down play.  Hard to really prepare for the scenario they ended up in with it being 3rd and almost 2 yards.  Harder with a very inexperienced QB who was obviously fighting pretty hard just to get through the game at that point.  The read option wouldn't be a bad call because you are isolating one defender and giving two of your better guys with the ball, Marve and Marshall a chance to get it done.  By that point it seemed to me that Marve's ability to throw more than about 7-8 yards vertically down the field was severely compromised.

Hard to prepare??? Maybe if your soft in the head but not for anyone on the staff of a professional football team it shouldn't be. And Marve wasn't having any trouble throwing more than 8 yards, he just completed a 19 yarder.

Worked in Hamilton.  Cleaned house in 2012 with a 6-12 team including a first year coach and brought in Austin plus several others and the team went 10-8 and made it to the Grey Cup.  Went to the Grey Cup last year too.

Honestly, some people have these preconceived ideas of how they think things will work out without providing any evidence to back up these preconceptions.

I'm not saying the Bombers are due for a housecleaning just yet.  Let's see how the season plays out first.  No excuses for the team to not win at least one of their next three.  I think they have a shot at winning two of the next three personally.

It worked?  Really?  2nd place is the first loser.  

Just like Hamilton in 2013 and 2014, we lost Grey Cups in 1992, 1993, 2001, 2007 and 2011.   We don't celebrate those years.