Fire O'Shea

holoman

I have to agree that it's more than just players, or coaches, or upper management. To be this bad, there has to be problems at all three levels. 

I'd say 50% of our players and coaches need to be upgraded and probably all of the scouting and upper management (Walters, Miller). The good news is, last year it was probably 60% of the players. The bad news is, at this rate, it'll be 5 years before we have a good organization here, and that's if, and it's a big IF, we can keep the good personnel we presently have. If not, I don't see any hope and it'll be another 26 years of crap, at which time I'll be unable to GAF so won't care.   :wacko:

why do you think it takes 5 years to build a good team in a 9 team league? with such high roster turn over from every team year to year? 

With this team?

The coaches & managers we hire, bad trades, bad drafting, bad asset management, bad schemes, the list goes on...

Buyer beware. If Winnipeg ends up in the hiring lottery again, be it HC, and OC they may end up competing against Sask and Mont for coaches. Hopefully they have a decisive plan so that they aren't again feeding off the scraps leftover from other teams. Or we then become the Waste Management team again with the likes of Etch and MB.

Buyer beware. If Winnipeg ends up in the hiring lottery again, be it HC, and OC they may end up competing against Sask and Mont for coaches. Hopefully they have a decisive plan so that they aren't again feeding off the scraps leftover from other teams. Or we then become the Waste Management team again with the likes of Etch and MB.

So you propose they do what specifically if they can't feed on scraps?

What should they do? Have a plan, that given the way the season has gone should basically be formulated. Execute ( literally) that plan at the immediate conclusion of the season. Then actively pursue any and all candidates for whatever positions that need to be filled. I like Doublezero have concerns about the lack of expertise and experience as it relates to anything to do with offence. Hiring and keeping MB and their failure to secure an adequate back up QB.

What should they do? Have a plan, that given the way the season has gone should basically be formulated. Execute ( literally) that plan at the immediate conclusion of the season. Then actively pursue any and all candidates for whatever positions that need to be filled. I like Doublezero have concerns about the lack of expertise and experience as it relates to anything to do with offence. Hiring and keeping MB and their failure to secure an adequate back up QB.

Hmmm...not too specific...glad you are not drawing up the plan.

For those who continue to support O'Shea's continued presence as head coach- what has he done exceptionally well to deserve a stay of execution?

Win-loss record? Nope.

Smart choice of underlings? Nope.

Assessment of player talent? Nope.

Roster management? Nope.

Inspiring sideline presence? Nope.

Making changes to player personnel before crisis? Nope.

.... ottawa went from zero to great in 1 off season.

ottawa got to pluck proven players off each team too. Spent a year gelling n made tweaks in the offseason. I think they had an easier route then your typical "rebuild"

Exactly. Agree 100%. Our canadian depth was worse then ottawas last season imo. We are on par now with some teams when it pertains to secondary and LB talent but our lines are still iffy. Another solid oline prospect and a failed NFL attempt plus another FA signing from in the league could make that to almost a strength..

American talent on the other hand.. ottawa doesnt seem to have the best scouts either.. Their offense is all former Cflers and two noteworthy add ons to the defense are gavins and hinds, all the rest seem to be Former cflers or not that great...

For all the people yapping about firing OShea please name a veteran CFL coach that will realistically come and pick Winnipeg over any other CFL opportunities and can realistically turn over this franchise?

This is a straight and honest question. I wouldnt mind firing OShea if there is someone better will replace him.

I really would hope Huff or Trestman would be available but I dont think they will choose Winnipeg over any other CFL opportunity. Huff might choose Sask or BC while Trestman will go back to Montreal.

For all the people yapping about firing OShea please name a veteran CFL coach that will realistically come and pick Winnipeg over any other CFL opportunities and can realistically turn over this franchise?

This is a straight and honest question. I wouldnt mind firing OShea if there is someone better will replace him.

I really would hope Huff or Trestman would be available but I dont think they will choose Winnipeg over any other CFL opportunity. Huff might choose Sask or BC while Trestman will go back to Montreal.

I'd bet Don Matthews is chomping at the bit to get back at er.... seriously though, you make a good point... if Huff or Trestman are available I would hope we would put on a full court press for either... but otherwise you're probably looking at another rookie up-and-comer....

I'd bet Don Matthews is chomping at the bit to get back at er.... seriously though, you make a good point... if Huff or Trestman are available I would hope we would put on a full court press for either... but otherwise you're probably looking at another rookie up-and-comer....

People would like to see an experienced HC but failing that, hiring a successful coordinator who has actually won in this league would be fine. Someone like Orlando Steinhauer or perhaps Noel Thorpe. But not a STC with less than 5 years of actual coaching experience which is what we hired in MOS who had no experience game planning against an offense as a DC & putting personnel in the right place. . 

If a good GM gets 2 coaches, a good coach should get 2 sets of co-ordinators.  I'm all for giving OSH until the offseason to get rid of Bellefeuille.  Richie Hall's appointment as DC has been a success, so let's see what OSH can do when given the opportunity for a new OC, and the knowledge that this decision will ultimately be a big factor in his future as HC here in Winnipeg.

I get that Edmonton and Ottawa have become successful in 2 years.  But the Bombers under O'Shea have NOT been a train wreck.  They've improved.  The organization and how players feel about Winnipeg as a destination has improved.  They're in a similar spot to Lapo's Bombers of 2010 where we've been good enough to lose close games lately.  When taking over a REALLY BAD organization, can any of you calling for OSH's head realistically think that 2 years is enough time?  Maybe if Willy doesn't get hurt, the Bombers are 8-8 right now, but regardless, this was a massive turnaround. 

Canning an HC (and possibly a GM) makes no sense to me after 2 progressive years.

If a good GM gets 2 coaches, a good coach should get 2 sets of co-ordinators.  I'm all for giving OSH until the offseason to get rid of Bellefeuille.  Richie Hall's appointment as DC has been a success, so let's see what OSH can do when given the opportunity for a new OC, and the knowledge that this decision will ultimately be a big factor in his future as HC here in Winnipeg.

I get that Edmonton and Ottawa have become successful in 2 years.  But the Bombers under O'Shea have NOT been a train wreck.  They've improved.  The organization and how players feel about Winnipeg as a destination has improved.  They're in a similar spot to Lapo's Bombers of 2010 where we've been good enough to lose close games lately.  When taking over a REALLY BAD organization, can any of you calling for OSH's head realistically think that 2 years is enough time?  Maybe if Willy doesn't get hurt, the Bombers are 8-8 right now, but regardless, this was a massive turnaround. 

Canning an HC (and possibly a GM) makes no sense to me after 2 progressive years.

The biggest issue is how much have we actually progressed?? especially when we're now likely to have a worse record in year 2 of this regime... 

We beat ottawa this week lose to Toronto, bc loses out, montreal forfeits their games for wearing those uuuuugly uniforms, rivaled only by those reptile looking rider uniforms. Who ever got contracts to make such abominations should never be allowed to step near a drawing board and return all the money paid to them to the league