Fire O'Shea

holoman

Berry was also a raging, unstable, psychopath.

Who took us to the playoffs three years straight. We haven't been the same team since firing him.

Agree 100%. Besides, I prefer to think of him as "passionate".   ;)

There's a fine line between passionate and mentally unstable ;)

Not unlike the fine line between winning and losing.

"Sometimes it's the crazy people who turn out to be not so crazy." -- Kevin Spacey

If they fire MB that will be a huge win in my books.

To be replaced with who? Three coordinators fired in 2 years. Who will come here? People that want to keep MOS because we can't attract quality HC's as they get fired yet want MB fired are just kidding themselves. No quality assistant coach will want to come here because all 3 coordinators hired by our brilliant HC will have been fired if Bellefeuille goes. So MB has to stay because no one better will want to be here. This is what happens when you hire crappy head coaches. 

To be replaced with who? Three coordinators fired in 2 years. Who will come here? People that want to keep MOS because we can't attract quality HC's as they get fired yet want MB fired are just kidding themselves. No quality assistant coach will want to come here because all 3 coordinators hired by our brilliant HC will have been fired if Bellefeuille goes. So MB has to stay because no one better will want to be here. This is what happens when you hire crappy head coaches. 

You have no idea if what you are saying is true or not. Coaches don't go anywhere expecting to have a permanent job. They always expect to get fired at some point. I'll make you a bet, if MB is still here like you say he will be, then I won't come here anymore...otherwise you have to go....a bet?

You have no idea if what you are saying is true or not. Coaches don't go anywhere expecting to have a permanent job. They always expect to get fired at some point. I'll make you a bet, if MB is still here like you say he will be, then I won't come here anymore...otherwise you have to go....a bet?
How about instead you bet will MoS be able to get a top notch OC to come here to this mess? They will look how MoS ties their hands with his personnel decisions and dresses 8 Lbs when we sadly lack Rec or oline help and go thnks but no thnks. Or dresses liram and a import kicker who can do all 3 jobs. We ain't getting any decent OC to come here while MoS is here period.

He not saying MB is staying he is making the point of how some people say we need to keep Coach Hugs and Kisses and Mack Junior because we go through too many coaches and GMs. This means that no one good wants to come here. So by that logic we should keep MB.

Though it is likely too late, hire an independent consultant/assessor that analyzes this team from the BOD down to the playing field. Make moves from there. there is a sickness in this organization that permeates its way onto the playing field. Hiring another group of coaches, management and players to try their luck here is futile unless we root out the cancer that keeps Winnipeg from actually building a real CFL team.

He not saying MB is staying he is making the point of how some people say we need to keep Coach Hugs and Kisses and Mack Junior because we go through too many coaches and GMs. This means that no one good wants to come here. So by that logic we should keep MB.

Though it is likely too late, hire an independent consultant/assessor that analyzes this team from the BOD down to the playing field. Make moves from there. there is a sickness in this organization that permeates its way onto the playing field. Hiring another group of coaches, management and players to try their luck here is futile unless we root out the cancer that keeps Winnipeg from actually building a real CFL team.

You can can try and interpret Iso's posts all you want...I do it this way "So MB has to stay because no one better will want to be here"

You can can try and interpret Iso's posts all you want...I do it this way "So MB has to stay because no one better will want to be here"

Only dim people would not understand what ISO was trying to say. But considering you just accused me of not knowing my CFL history of Hammy, Edmonton, and Sask I am not surprised his mocking went right over your head.

Only dim people would not understand what ISO was trying to say. But considering you just accused me of not knowing my CFL history of Hammy, Edmonton, and Sask I am not surprised his mocking went right over your head.

Not to dim to realize all you ever do is criticize...

Um. I am a paying STH that comes from out of town to go to games. They only managed to get three wins at home. They have won exactly five games this year and no matter which way you cut it they will not improve their losing record from last year. Those five teams they beat are all sub .500. They haven't beaten a single winning team this year.

Just what is there to be positive about?

Oh right MOS is a nice guy and the players love him. Oh and Walters signed three or four decent players. Oh and they played six close games one of which they won. Weee the Bombers almost beat Edmonton and Calgary and lost by three and seven to Ottawa.

Mack Junior claimed that he was finally the right person for the job when he was installed. Well, genius where is the proof? Just when should fans expect this team not to be awful?

Coach Hugs and Kisses. What has watching all that film shown you? Are you finally going to field a team ready to play 60 minutes for ONE game this year?

Maybe I should just bury my head like you and only pull it out for the few good plays in the game, blitz. Perhaps then I could trick myself into believing this team was close to being good

The only dimness I see is in the theories about keeping MB...because nobody would want to be here.

The only dimness I see is in the theories about keeping MB...because nobody would want to be here.

Any theory that ends with MB still here next year are all based in some serious delusions. As for us going to have an oh so horrible time finding a new offensive coordinator.. Ill leave here with this. Our HC will be on his last leg (if he is still here..) and an up and coming OC or a former HC with aspirations to become one again might be interested. Also, some coaches ACTUALLY LIKE challenges.. Shocker, I know..

I fully expect us to have a new OC next season. I also fully expect it to be someone whos finger is more on the pulse of what the CFL needs for offenses now a days AND one that is aware of what defenses in this day and age will throw at em..

MB is just stuck in a time warp or something... And refuses to change his tactics.. Loves putting square pegs into round holes and not making changes..

I think people have serious delusions if they think MOS firing 3 coordinators in less than 2 years won't send out negative vibes in the CFL coaching fraternity & cement the image of the Bombers as an organization to stay away from if anyone wants to further their careers as an assistant coach or coordinator in this league. So, the people who want MOS to stay as HC for continuity purposes because we won't be able to attract quality head coaching candidates if he's fired yet want Bellefeuille gone are naive,Ibelieve. No quality assistant coach or currently employed OC now in the CFL will want to come here when we our current head coach has gone thru 2 coordinators already. It'd be easier to get better coaching talent if MOS was fired & we started over as at least we'd have a clean slate. But we know that won't happen. Don't expect a miracle hire for OC when Bellefeuille is canned. Basically, an OC will have to fall into our lap much like Ritchie Hall did when he was let go in Saskatchewan. Someone unemployed looking for work. No one from any good team doing well will come here. 

If an OC has inspirations of being a HC, maybe that will actually draw them here.   :)

If you look at the history of this club in the last few years, whoever get promoted on an "interim" basis automatically gets the gig in the off season.   If O'Shea gets fired mid season, he'd have a 50/50 shot of becoming HC.

So, the new paradigm is to keep total and obvious incompetence around....simply because we do not have a slam dunk replacement process?  

Do people not understand, that bringing Marcel back and then keeping him through the entire season.....essentially doomed our O, to ineffectiveness  - and was the major contributor to our losing record, this year?

Firing Marcel is a pre-requisite .....not an option. 

Yet, still hearing bildge about "how we couldn't do that", during a season.

This organization is far too complacent in the tolerance of non-performance.   and no, I do not give MOS a pass on this either....or Miller.

If an OC has inspirations of being a HC, maybe that will actually draw them here.   :)

If you look at the history of this club in the last few years, whoever get promoted on an "interim" basis automatically gets the gig in the off season.   If O'Shea gets fired mid season, he'd have a 50/50 shot of becoming HC.

And sucking at it and getting let go halfway through his contract, but still being paid to not work.

Sounds like a good deal. Can I be the next OC?

Despite his decision to keep Marcel after last year's obvious problems on O (where we were basically worst in the league) and same thing again this season, we should keep Mike O'Shea next season.

Of course I said this about Joe Mack, feeling that he kept LaPo around too long and should have cut him loose immediately after we accidentally limped into the 2011 cup.

We were a bad team, poorly coached, masked by that cup appearance.

But that decision to keep LaPo marked the beginning of the end for Joe.

So likewise, O'Shea's loyalty to Marcel, despite the absence of vital signs on the cold corpse that is Winnipeg's offence, could spell the end of O'Shea here.

That would be a shame, as I'm not certain it's all on MOS. Though firing the HC is the pattern: the last time we had a 5-13 record (as seems likely) we fired Jim Daley and replaced him with Doug Berry.

Despite his decision to keep Marcel after last year's obvious problems on O (where we were basically worst in the league) and same thing again this season, we should keep Mike O'Shea next season.

Of course I said this about Joe Mack, feeling that he kept LaPo around too long and should have cut him loose immediately after we accidentally limped into the 2011 cup.

We were a bad team, poorly coached, masked by that cup appearance.

But that decision to keep LaPo marked the beginning of the end for Joe.

So likewise, O'Shea's loyalty to Marcel, despite the absence of vital signs on the cold corpse that is Winnipeg's offence, could spell the end of O'Shea here.

That would be a shame, as I'm not certain it's all on MOS. Though firing the HC is the pattern: the last time we had a 5-13 record (as seems likely) we fired Jim Daley and replaced him with Doug Berry.

That may be the case, but the head coach is ultimately responsible for who he hires and the product on the field, good, bad or indifferent. Ask the former head of Vokswagen.

I think people have serious delusions if they think MOS firing 3 coordinators in less than 2 years won't send out negative vibes in the CFL coaching fraternity & cement the image of the Bombers as an organization to stay away from if anyone wants to further their careers as an assistant coach or coordinator in this league. So, the people who want MOS to stay as HC for continuity purposes because we won't be able to attract quality head coaching candidates if he's fired yet want Bellefeuille gone are naive,Ibelieve. No quality assistant coach or currently employed OC now in the CFL will want to come here when we our current head coach has gone thru 2 coordinators already. It'd be easier to get better coaching talent if MOS was fired & we started over as at least we'd have a clean slate. But we know that won't happen. Don't expect a miracle hire for OC when Bellefeuille is canned. Basically, an OC will have to fall into our lap much like Ritchie Hall did when he was let go in Saskatchewan. Someone unemployed looking for work. No one from any good team doing well will come here. 

In the coaching profession there's no shame in being fired. Mike could move on from here having learned some valuable lessons. He could go on working in the league and continue to learn. 10 years from now he might be ready to be a HC and we could give him another opportunity then.

If there is one thing MOS should have learned after 2 years as our HC it's that he's not ready to be a HC and he should resign. If he's too delusional to know even that, then he needs to be fired for the sake of the football team and it's fans.