Non-Bomber Week 4 GDT

Before you go to bed tonight, say a little prayer that Duane Forde doesn't eventually implode and murder Rod Black at the mic.

Can you imagine what it must be like working opposite that guy year after year?

After the TD pass where Rod announced "Cato to the (SJ) Green Hornet" the silence from Forde was palpable.

Before you go to bed tonight, say a little prayer that Duane Forde doesn't eventually implode and murder Rod Black at the mic.

After the TD pass where Rod announced "Cato to the (SJ) Green Hornet" the silence from Forde was palpable.

I'm not too sure on this. I think Forde is settling in to the role of Rod's Straight Man. I am pretty sure he fed Rod the "Green Hornet & Cato" line a few plays before the TD.

I'm not too sure on this. I think Forde is settling in to the role of Rod's Straight Man. I am pretty sure he fed Rod the "Green Hornet & Cato" line a few plays before the TD.

yeah he did.  My forehead was already sore from constant face-palming by that point.

No team has ever started with 4 games on the road? I guess 2012 didn't happen then? Oh, how I wish that were the case. -_-

That's from Steve Daniel:

Waiting for Home: This season will be the first time that a CFL club has ever played their first four games on the road. Hamilton does not open at home until August 3rd and that too is unprecedented (except for pre-World War II times with much smaller schedules each year).

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cflca-game-notes-a-look-at-week-4

Bit of a boo boo by the CFL's Head Statistician.

No team has ever started with 4 games on the road? I guess 2012 didn't happen then? Oh, how I wish that were the case. -_-

Funny, I said the exact same thing to the wife while watching the game last night... pretty good chance she ignored me...

Also, I thought I was in the minority in loving those Als signature jerseys... but it sounds like there's other fans out there...

Waiting for Home: This season will be the first time that a CFL club has ever played their first four games on the road. Hamilton does not open at home until August 3rd and that too is unprecedented (except for pre-World War II times with much smaller schedules each year).

Isn't Toronto playing five on the road to start 2015?

The CFL is trying to say the Argo's playing in Ft McMurray (a mere 3800 km's away from their normal home) against Edmonton (440 km's away) counts as a home game.

The CFL is trying to say the Argo's playing in Ft McMurray (a mere 3800 km's away from their normal home) against Edmonton (440 km's away) counts as a home game.

Right. But realistically and in reality, the Argos are having to play five games on the road to start the season. That's pretty freaking hard.

Interesting game up there in Montreal. And finally, there is another team (Hamilton) that has a long losing streak in a CFL city (Montreal) other than us in Calgary! Edmonton, Regina.....

Flag fest. 26 penalties called. The veteran, Peter Dyakowski, illegally proceeded 5 times alone.

Overall, penalties, I thought, teeter-tottered in Hamilton's favour.

Cato got pretty good pass protection again last night, but when he didn't, he scrambled pretty good. He was the only one who could run for Montreal. Sutton 6 carries - 2 yards. Collaros can still scramble too...he had to.

-Cox - still love/hate that guy, gets the 1st turnover on a gift....leads to 3 points.

-Offsides, a too many men penalty allows Hamilton to continue a TD drive. Points lost, on a lost turnover during this drive - 7 against Montreal.

-That next interception leads to 0 points on a great goal-line stand by Hamilton. But really, who goes straight up the gut, 3 times against that defensive line?

-Montreal, at one point had 1 for 8 in 2nd down conversions. Must have been watching old Bomber game tapes.

-SJ green may drop 1 or 2 but man that guy, he caught game.

-Hefney...he looked good.

-Did somebody wave smelling salts under Stamps' nose, and wake him up?

-Strong defensive game by both teams.

Maybe now our defence, and for that matter, our offence, can garner a wee more respect after watching these teams we have recently played?