Moving Chris Randle to SAM Was A Stroke of Genius

Atomic

Interesting that one of the new rules is that the ball just has to be "in the vacinity of the goal line" to be called a TD. I'd like to see the camera angle that Trawna had that showed a Mtl TD when Randell bounced the runner out b4 the ball got near the goal line.

Bloody stupid that they can't set up a goal line camera that gives them the proper angle.

Question about PI challenges: Montreal was able to challenge the Lewis non catch with 1:20 or so to go. I thought coaches were not allowed to challenge in the last 3 minutes?

PI isn't reviewable from the command center so the coaches challenge can still be used. That rule was mostly enforced when things like turnovers weren't automatically reviewed the entire game.

Can someone explain how hurl and Bass looked bad? I didn't see Sutton run rampant over us.. Had 74 yards..bass with 4 tackles and hurl with 2.. I will say those are low tackle totals..

Not being a fanboy I generally wanna know what I'm missing

Hurl had 2 tackles last night while the Als rookie MLB had 11 tackles.    

Weak links so far on the D this season appear to be Hurl, Washington and Anderson.  Anderson is coming of major ACL injury so he gets a bit of a pass; Washington I'm not sure if it's the new scheme, or if he's just not suited to the new rules; but Hurl has been in Richie Hall's D for a few years now, so there are really no excuses for him. 

The linebacking is still a source of concern. Bass may have been a bit better last night but not enough to convince me he's good enough. Randle was good, but more valuable at corner- better a 5 yard completed pass than a 25 yarder. Hurl has not gotten better- cannot seem to read the play and is often out of position.

Can someone explain how hurl and Bass looked bad? I didn't see Sutton run rampant over us.. Had 74 yards..bass with 4 tackles and hurl with 2.. I will say those are low tackle totals..

Not being a fanboy I generally wanna know what I'm missing

Hurl had 2 tackles last night while the Als rookie MLB had 11 tackles.

Beyond that, he's not a newbie in this scheme. He's very familiar with Richie Hall and the defence from his time in Saskatchewan. He SHOULD be looking better than he is.

It feels like the team committed to Hurl starting at MLB very early in camp (with a lot of the new guys not having much opportunity to adapt and adjust to the Canadian game) and now, it's going to be hard to make a change as we need to start him (or Bucknor at DB) for ratio considerations.

Hurl seems slow. Maybe play Waggoner or Newman instead and move bass to the middle

I don't know if Waggoner is ready yet - he should stay as a backup and brought along slowly. He'll have his chances when (not if) injuries happen but lets not rush him.

Hurl makes me hurl - he reminds me of what Henoc's brother Cauchy would look like if he played MLB instead of Safety. I watched him on some replays and he seems to be running to areas where the ball isn't when he isn't be blocked out of the play. 

You gotta think there are better MLB's than that around. 

Washington spent the whole night getting turned inside out by S.J. Green. There's just no push from the def. tackles. Love Adams at corner wait till he gets more experience. If we had better choices at lb Randle would be back at corner. Better game from Bass but nothing really from Westerman. 

Really impressed with Randle last night obviously. Can tell the guy is a skilled veteran. The DL also stepped up and played much better too, Turner especially I think took last week to heart and stepped up his game. Still some problems on D though. I haven't been overly critical of Hurl but there was one play last night, short yardage play for the Als and Hurl only hits the rb 6 yards past the LOS. Coulda stepped up and hit him right in the hole but nope hung back and let him get 6 yards before contact. 

Yep, Adams has the potential to be a CFL all-star. 

Though he and Washington need to work on how they communicate back there and be more disciplined in their coverage.   I'm not ready to even use "all-star" and Adams in the same sentence but he's shown a lot of promise and it speaks volumes that a rookie can step into the lineup and have the success that he's had so far. 

Though he and Washington need to work on how they communicate back there and be more disciplined in their coverage.   I'm not ready to even use "all-star" and Adams in the same sentence but he's shown a lot of promise and it speaks volumes that a rookie can step into the lineup and have the success that he's had so far. 

2 picks in 3 games including one of them for a TD and his only problem is that as a rookie the communication isn't quite up to par? Yeah I'll say he's got star potential. Communication will come in time. ,He's a player plain and simple. 

2 picks in 3 games including one of them for a TD and his only problem is that as a rookie the communication isn't quite up to par? Yeah I'll say he's got star potential. Communication will come in time. ,He's a player plain and simple. 

Not saying the guy isn't a player but last night was another example of those two not being on the same page at times and it turning into big plays for the opposition. 

It's great that Adams has been able to make a few plays .. but it's more important that they aren't looking at each other at the end of a play with a look that says, "I thought he was your guy".   Be schematically sound.  Be disciplined in your responsibilities.  The highlight reel plays will come but it all starts with fixing the small things that will make the unit as a whole that much better.

Some of the rational for moving Randle up closer, was to get Adams into the lineup, in the back......last nite, that plan looked pretty good...

That is what I am saying.  People are saying he is way better at corner, but we already have a set of great corners.  If we move him from LB.  We will be left off with a decent LB, a garbage LB and a question mark.