Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

It's really scary when Brendan Taman is being discussed as our new GM on radio if Kyle Walters leaves.

four grey cup appearances in 8 years two wins

Considering how Bauer hobbled Taman when they were with the Bombers, he did pretty good. With the Riders, his biggest sins were poor succession planning and budgeting.

So the Bombers, who are hosting the Grey Cup, and in a dog fight for a playoff spot, did sweet f*** all to better themselves. Very disappointing

I somewhat agree with the poster, given how inept the offense is and nothing in the current pipeline, a move to acquire a receiver and running back would have been prudent.

So the Bombers, who are hosting the Grey Cup, and in a dog fight for a playoff spot, did sweet f*** all to better themselves. Very disappointing

I somewhat agree with the poster, given how inept the offense is and nothing in the current pipeline, a move to acquire a receiver and running back would have been prudent.

In reality, Bomber chances of making the playoffs are very, very slim, so pushing to bolster the team at the expense of evolving the team would make little sense. Like it or not, we are auditioning for 2016 already.

It's really scary when Brendan Taman is being discussed as our new GM on radio if Kyle Walters leaves.

By my count he's had 12 years as a GM and one Cup.  And just because someone on the radio happens to muse about him coming back here, that's not really something that should cause a lot of worry.  By now, most football people know Brendan's M.O. - trade away draft picks like a drunken sailor, load up on aging free agents (oh, and make sure that you front load as many contracts as possible so that you can maximize your cap hell experience), take a run at the Cup and then have to dismantle the team due to age/cost and start over.  Been there, done that, do not want the tee shirt.

Not going to worry a ton about this scenario coming to be.

And a 2 win team this season, overpaid vets, selling the future for today & salary cap hell. Result? No long term success & a total teardown needed.

Fwiw Penton thinks Walters and O'shea will be back next year.

Of course they will. Miller takes care of his own. 

I can see us going 7-11 next year. Which is awesome. I love Slurpees. 

What are the chances the Riders sign Murphy this off season? Won't that be kick in the head?

What are the chances the Riders sign Murphy this off season? Won't that be kick in the head?

no... not really. we are not actively looking for a GM.. Nor has he been available when we had been..

no... not really. we are not actively looking for a GM.. Nor has he been available when we had been..

I hope the Riders re-up Jeremy O'Day.

If you check the Twitter feed scrolling down the right side, looks like buzz is back re: Huff to Riders next year. Jamie Nye claiming that Scott Mitchell of Calgary Sun thinks Huff is going to get forced out because he doesn't want to quit coaching and the tall foreheads want Dave **** to take over....

If you check the Twitter feed scrolling down the right side, looks like buzz is back re: Huff to Riders next year. Jamie Nye claiming that Scott Mitchell of Calgary Sun thinks Huff is going to get forced out because he doesn't want to quit coaching and the tall foreheads want Dave **** to take over....

If the Stamps force Huffer out, it would probably be a mistake of epic proportions. Dave D. may turn out to be a good head coach, but it is a roll of the dice. Even Popp and Buono, who are pretty bright guys with tonnes of experience, have had difficulty finding good coaches.

I don't know...that doesn't make sense to me. For two reasons. Huff has a winning season this year, why kick him out for a new coach??? Also, Dave D has pretty much said he is going to be in CGY for a while. And doesn't his wife have something good there as well? I can't see Dave D making a stink about not be a HC and suggesting he would go elsewhere if the move isn't made.

FWIW: over at Riderfans, they seem to think that there is real conflict in Calgary building, and a possibility Hufnagel will not want to give up coaching, even if it means moving on. And, needless to say, they are all breathless and sweaty about him maybe coming to the Riders.

If Huf gets pushed out, I'd hope we'd back the Brinks truck up to his door and offer him GM/HC. If DD gets pushed out, I'd be happy to ignore the whole rookie aspect and take him as our HC. Yup, I said it.

Of course you did, because it's the most contrarian opinion to be had. 

Hiring DD would be no better than keeping MOS on, which I'd be just as happy to do.