It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Gary Lawless is reporting that Taman is getting close to firing Chamblin.

Gary Lawless rarely misses on this stuff.

Say what you want about his opinion on the rumour, but the info substantiating the rumour is rarely wrong.

He doesn't put stuff like this out there unless he is damn sure.

Mike Richards will be the new coach of the roughriders.

So, after this fine season is over there should be some flotsam and jetsam from the sinking of the good ship Riders floating about for the taking.  Anyone think Jacques Chapdelaine would be a good replacement at OC if the Bombers decide to part ways with Marcel?  Any other coaches on the Riders staff worth considering?

Not at all... he called bad plays in BC and against Edmonton it was mind boggling how bad his play calling was.   I don't care what LaPo had to say about Edmonton stuffing the box.... to not run or utilize Allen or Messam for nearly 90% of the game was ridiculous.    Suitor was damn near ready to trash the staff and held back after the first half when Lapo suggested why they didn't run.  

Absolutely atrocious play calling and do not want anyone coming from a loser program to join our team....  

I don't think changing HC's at this point in the season will do very much. Regina's still going to be working with their 3rd or 4th string QB both of which have very little experience. I'd take Benevides over PLAP and I'd still pull the trigger after the Argos game to give the new HC the bye week to make changes.

If you go into the Daytona 500 driving a Corvair with only 4 out of the 6 gears working whether you get Bush or Gordon to drive the thing you will still come in last. And if your crew has a 800HP Hemi in the garage and refuse to use it then you deserve to lose. The guy who decided a passing game was the way to go should be the one on the block.

Seriously!  Bill Belichik couldn't turn this team around with these QB's.   I don't feel sorry for Rider fans but we'd be royally screwed if we lost our #1 and #2 QB's.    

Just saying but please keep heaping on the manure.  I love reading this thread.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If you go into the Daytona 500 driving a Corvair with only 4 out of the 6 gears working whether you get Bush or Gordon to drive the thing you will still come in last. And if your crew has a 800HP Hemi in the garage and refuse to use it then you deserve to lose. The guy who decided a passing game was the way to go should be the one on the block.

It was hilarious listening to the broadcast and Suitor had to bite his tongue or he would have lambasted Chamblin for ignoring the ground game.  You could tell he wanted to just go on a rampage but couldn't. 

It's mind boggling that the game plan wasn't to run those two RB beasts. They did have a nice short game passing plan for Smith, but that should have complemented the running game.

6 rushes for the O-line to manage - 6....unbelievable.

I know I keep bringing up John Chick but I'm shocked at how fast his game has regressed. To the point that if he ever was available for the Bombers, I wouldn't want him. The guy has become totally irrelevant as a player. He's just playing to get paid now & probably wondering when the gravy train comes to an end. Any rebuild would have to involve his release in order to get younger & take his contract off the books.

I don't think changing HC's at this point in the season will do very much. Regina's still going to be working with their 3rd or 4th string QB both of which have very little experience. I'd take Benevides over PLAP and I'd still pull the trigger after the Argos game to give the new HC the bye week to make changes.

Is this not the perfect time to unload Brohm on Taman for a high draft pick and a promising practice roster player?  He's desperate for QB help and Brohm is an experienced QB they need.  

This scenario is reminiscent of how Lawless blew up the Bombers previous regime with a well timed leak.  The desk fort will be scrambling come Tues. morning.

was that the one where he reported that Mack was being fired, and the board looked like idiots because they weren't releasing the news?

If LaPolice chooses to join the circus in Regina, he deserves whatever he gets there. Unless Taman can pry Ray out of Toronto, with Glenn done for the year with a torn pectoral muscle, they will be lucky to win two games this year. No coach is going to change that.

I remind people that Chick is an insulin-dependent diabetic with a subcutaneous insulin pump, and that has to catch up to him. And when it happens, it will probably come on quickly. He has done remarkably well well but his body is still stressed as an athlete.

Seriously!  Bill Belichik couldn't turn this team around with these QB's.   I don't feel sorry for Rider fans but we'd be royally screwed if we lost our #1 and #2 QB's.    

Just saying but please keep heaping on the manure.  I love reading this thread.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We'd be royally screwed if we lost Willy, but then we'd be somewhat improved if our number two got hurt. :)

Seriously! Bill Belichik couldn't turn this team around with these QB's. I don't feel sorry for Rider fans but we'd be royally screwed if we lost our #1 and #2 QB's.

Just saying but please keep heaping on the manure. I love reading this thread. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

We'd be royally screwed if we lost Willy, but then we'd be somewhat improved if our number two got hurt. :)
Man that was good for a chuckle.....

This scenario is reminiscent of how Lawless blew up the Bombers previous regime with a well timed leak.  The desk fort will be scrambling come Tues. morning.

was that the one where he reported that Mack was being fired, and the board looked like idiots because they weren't releasing the news?

Yah, I don't recall if Lawless leaked the Butchko firing at the same time or if his firing was related to the leak.

I was watching Chick last night. He was part of one sack but other than that was ineffective. How can the Riders justify paying his huge contract??

Because they gave Dressler, Getzlaf, and others huge contracts.

Likely with the signature Taman back loaded contact leading to cap stress every year.

If Taman leaves, he is leaving a mess.

No worries, Taman will leave cartons of of unopened napkins behind to help clean up the mess.

This scenario is reminiscent of how Lawless blew up the Bombers previous regime with a well timed leak. The desk fort will be scrambling come Tues. morning.

Yah, I don't recall if Lawless leaked the Butchko firing at the same time or if his firing was related to the leak.
Lawless didn't leak anything about Butchko and Butchko had nothing to do with the leak. Lawless made it clear it was a member of the BoD who leaked it to him.