How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?

BigBlue

87 members have voted

1. 1. How pleased where you with the results of the 2015 Draft?

• Delighted
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral / cautious / not sure
    • sceptical
    • Unhappy
    • Other

We really should just trade him for Demski now and save everyone a lot of trouble in a few years...

Except by drafting Demski Taman gives himself a shot at having both in 2 or 3 years. Taman is crazy to draft any Sask players since so many grow up with the dream of playing at home they find their way back all on their own.

Just heard Walters explaining the Morgan pick.

They liked him because they viewed him as the only guy in the draft who can compete at both safety and field corner.

Wait.. You mean *gasp!* a position we currently field a canadian and a spot where we have fielded a Canadian in the past? So a potential starter down the road AND depth for two spots in the meantime? Crazy. What was Walters thinking! ;)

Not all sask born players go home to play for sask. It's a myth. Name like 4 of them besides Labatte which was more than just playing for sask who have. Getzlaf? Traded. Bagg? Nope. Seriously it's a huge myth

Scott McHenry.

boom - drops the mic

Not all sask born players go home to play for sask. It's a myth. Name like 4 of them besides Labatte which was more than just playing for sask who have. Getzlaf? Traded. Bagg? Nope. Seriously it's a huge myth

Scott McHenry.

boom - drops the mic

Keenan MacDougall... he's from the stoon and always loved the riders... oh wait...

Scott McHenry.

boom - drops the mic

I think you need to pick up that mic. He signed with the Riders after being released by the Bombers. Not really the same situation.

Scott McHenry.

boom - drops the mic

I think you need to pick up that mic. He signed with the Riders after being released by the Bombers. Not really the same situation.

NO ONE PUTS MCHENRY IN THE CORNER!!!

Some players will go home, some will stay. If the Bombers were to draft solely on the basis of a players hometown we wouldn't have too many CFL capable NIs. It's a myth perpetuated by Rider fans that they all come home to play for them. For some odd reason a lot of people here seem to buy into it. They lose as many NI FAs as they get....that's a fact of life for most CFL teams that allow their players to enter FA. I can think of far more CFL NIs hailing from Saskatchewan that play elsewhere than there are Saskatchewan born NIs on the Riders.

Taman doesn't need to draft Sask guys, they come back as soon as their first contract is done. Richards said the same things Labatte said when we signed him. Disagree with drafting anyone from that province regardless of ability. 50/50 he is here beyond his first contract.

Let's turn this around....If people here think that Richards will leave at the first chance he gets...wellll there is the fact that Taman passed on him for our local guy...a fact I'm sure that hasn't escaped Richards..I don't think he's as endeared to the riders, as of now, as a lot of people think.

It all boils down to success a player has with a particular organization.  If Richards or Demski realize success with their respective clubs .. if they are regularly in the post season, if they have a substantial role .. there's a pretty good chance these guys stay with whatever club drafts them when FA comes around (provided the offers are comparable).

All things being equal, winning is what usually trumps all.

A case of denial. Sask players grow up dreaming of playing in green exponentially more than any other player from any other region. Of course they don't admit it on draft day. They say it will feel strange to line up as a Bomber but "I'll get used to it" or some such bs acknowledging they have to accept second best...   for now.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bombers-use-eleventh-pick-on-receiver-who-is-life-long-rider-fan-1.3073475

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers added Addison Richards to their line up this week, despite the fact he's been cheering for the Saskatchewan Roughriders for all of his 21 years.

"I can't lie, I grew up in the heart of Rider Nation and grew up a Rider fan of course but at the end of the day, the dream's always been to play pro football," he said

Make no mistake, they were working hard to try and make a trade so that they could get Demski. That was reported by Penton a few times. But Demski went earlier than predicted, and they took the best option they had, in their minds. It is what it is...

Chungh, good.

I see Richards as the next Rory Kohlert, do we need another?

Morgan looks to be a good athlete who will likely end up as a career special teamer, I think they could have picked him up in a much later round.

Surprised the Bombers and so many other teams passed on Durant as he has the talent, size and passport to be a future star in the CFL.  As for attitude, I don't trust pre-evaluation of this characteristic for what it's worth. Apparently he is not well-spoken and shy, does that equate to a "bad attitude"?  Ever seen a Cory Watson interview???

Durant's college stats. speak volumes, those kind of numbers can't be achieved without strong motivation and dedication.  This guy is still young, put him in a good locker room with older wiser football players and coaches and I predict he learns to tow the line pretty solidly.

Chungh, good.

I see Richards as the next Rory Kohlert, do we need another?

Morgan looks to be a good athlete who will likely end up as a career special teamer, I think they could have picked him up in a much later round.

Surprised the Bombers and so many other teams passed on Durant as he has the talent, size and passport to be a future star in the CFL.  As for attitude, I don't trust pre-evaluation of this characteristic for what it's worth. Apparently he is not well-spoken and shy, does that equate to a "bad attitude"?  Ever seen a Cory Watson interview???

Durant's college stats. speak volumes, those kind of numbers can't be achieved without strong motivation and dedication.  This guy is still young, put him in a good locker room with older wiser football players and coaches and I predict he learns to tow the line pretty solidly.

Agreed I don't get passing on Durant, too me the Bombers should have taken him and then see who was better between him and Richards then you could deal the one you don't like for a pick next year...

I really don't get this Durant (WR) defence.

In the 2015 pre-rankings, there were four leading WR candidates: Demski, Durant, Richards, and Harty, in no particular order.

Durant, for whatever reason(s) was picked 4th. That was no accident.

There was reasoning for the Bombers to look at Demski, then Richards, then Harty and then Durant.

They followed their reasoning, and it seems pretty sound to most of us.