The Jets are dead. Long LIVE the Bombers!

BigBlue

and further to this current train of thought, as much as I love what Chipman and True North have done for the city, the level of adoration is starting to go a little far. I mean, people are REALLY putting TNSE on a pedastal and I'd suggest it needs to be dialed back a bit.

no kidding. The Jets are in big danger of becoming the Riders of the NHL and that's not a compliment. 

Agreed.  I was in Brandon for the Wheat Kings playoff game on Saturday and was stunned to hear the True North shout out during the anthem.  I get it during Jets games (although the circle jerk the fans give themselves afterwards is a different matter) but it's weird to hear it at other events completely unrelated to TNSE.

and further to this current train of thought, as much as I love what Chipman and True North have done for the city, the level of adoration is starting to go a little far. I mean, people are REALLY putting TNSE on a pedastal and I'd suggest it needs to be dialed back a bit.

no kidding. The Jets are in big danger of becoming the Riders of the NHL and that's not a compliment. 

Agreed.  I was in Brandon for the Wheat Kings playoff game on Saturday and was stunned to hear the True North shout out during the anthem.  I get it during Jets games (although the circle jerk the fans give themselves afterwards is a different matter) but it's weird to hear it at other events completely unrelated to TNSE.

And if *that* doesn't scream Rider Fans, nothing does...

I shout it out at Rockets games, just to give the old people around me a bit of a startle. :)

I'll always be  a Jets  guy 1st and foremost. I love that team as if they're waging a holy war and I'm a zealot. But I also love the Bombers. My enthusiasm for the Big Blue has faded a lot over the last 2 decades of boobery and poor management. I really hope that's in the process of turning around... because its fun to see the crowd get amped up like crazy when were doing really well

The media? LOL like TSN and Sportsnet i guess? who only mentioned the Jets in passing this entire season? I don't get this really, The Jets were pretty much ignored by TSN and Sportsnet the entire season, the only time they actually got some love is when they made the playoffs. All year, both TSN and Sportsnet did everything they could to pretty much ignore the Jets, Toronto this, Ottawa that, Montreal this, Calgary that, Vancouver this, Edmonton this... Winnipeg rarely to never received any sort of love from those 2 networks at all, part of the issue i have with sportsnet is how they completely ignored the Jets all season long. Never talked about them and if they did, it was for 20 seconds. They make the playoffs, get some, not lots, but some love and it's a bad thing now? If you really want to go there, during most jets broadcasts on sportsnet, we got the D team and that D team we got, it was pretty obvious they were cheering against the JETS. 

ps: TRUE NORTH!!!

The media? LOL like TSN and Sportsnet i guess? who only mentioned the Jets in passing this entire season? I don't get this really, The Jets were pretty much ignored by TSN and Sportsnet the entire season, the only time they actually got some love is when they made the playoffs. All year, both TSN and Sportsnet did everything they could to pretty much ignore the Jets, Toronto this, Ottawa that, Montreal this, Calgary that, Vancouver this, Edmonton this... Winnipeg rarely to never received any sort of love from those 2 networks at all, part of the issue i have with sportsnet is how they completely ignored the Jets all season long. Never talked about them and if they did, it was for 20 seconds. They make the playoffs, get some, not lots, but some love and it's a bad thing now? If you really want to go there, during most jets broadcasts on sportsnet, we got the D team and that D team we got, it was pretty obvious they were cheering against the JETS. 

Such an inferiority complex. Listen, all the chest-thumping is patently un-Canadian...unbecoming of Canadians, generally, and Manitobans, specifically.

The 'True North' thing started out as recognition of TNSE to be sure, but I don't think it has that same meaning today, not entirely. It's like a war-cry for Jets fans and Jets fans alone. You'll hear it at the Bomber stadium every game.

It would take a lot of effort and a lot of grain alcohol to reach the level of douchebaggery that many Rider fans have attained. Shouting True North during a hockey game in Brandon is nothing compared to flying your Prider gear on the beach in Cancun.

The 'True North' thing started out as recognition of TNSE to be sure, but I don't think it has that same meaning today, not entirely. It's like a war-cry for Jets fans and Jets fans alone. You'll hear it at the Bomber stadium every game.

It would take a lot of effort and a lot of grain alcohol to reach the level of douchebaggery that many Rider fans have attained. Shouting True North during a hockey game in Brandon is nothing compared to flying your Prider gear on the beach in Cancun.

...Which is ridiculous...

True North isn't about a corporation anymore.

We are True North... the people of this city.  And this city is a little small, a little out-of-the-way, so we have to be the loudest to make sure our voices are heard. 

Ex-Winnipeggers who couldn't take the cold and abandoned this city when it was at its lowest.... you'll never understand.  You're Albertans and British Columbians and Ontarians now... if you don't like the True North chant, it's because you aren't True North, and you never were!

We are True North... the people of this city.  And this city is a little small, a little out-of-the-way, so we have to be the loudest to make sure our voices are heard. 

Ex-Winnipeggers who couldn't take the cold and abandoned this city when it was at its lowest.... you'll never understand.  You're Albertans and British Columbians and Ontarians now... if you don't like the True North chant, it's because you aren't True North, and you never were!

Do people actually believe this?

I love sports. All of em.. Cept gold eyes, can't stand watching them (yet love the jays, go figure).. Bombers are first and foremost and pretty much the basis for my sports addiction. Jets come in at 2 followed by rest of CFL and then NHL (sens Lightning canadian teams)

Follow the raps and the blue jays pretty close too but not quite as closely as there is just so many games lol. One thing tho, the NFL. still haven't got fully into it yet and don't know why... Too slow me thinks. Yet I'll watch team canada soccer.

I'm a sports schtizophrenic I think..

I'm not an ex-Winnipegger, I'm a transplanted Winnipegger (or Manitoban whatever your preference).

We are True North... the people of this city. And this city is a little small, a little out-of-the-way, so we have to be the loudest to make sure our voices are heard.

Ex-Winnipeggers who couldn't take the cold and abandoned this city when it was at its lowest.... you'll never understand. You're Albertans and British Columbians and Ontarians now... if you don't like the True North chant, it's because you aren't True North, and you never were!

Do people actually believe this?

I love the Bombers and I love the Jets. I can't really say that I love one more than the other. I definitely love the CFL more than the NHL - I watch all CFL games but my interest in non-Jets games is hit and miss. And you can count me in as a curling fan too. I don't watch basketball, the NFL or soccer. I used to be a Jays fan (and Expos back in the day) but MLB had one too many labour stopages and I completely lost interest.

I'm thrilled to see our city taking pride in the Jets, even if the pride is excessive to some people. Losing the Jets dealt a major blow to the identity/ego of a lot of people in this city. I remember feeling like we got wiped off the map after the Jets left. A lot of things have changed since then. We've got something good going here, the city feels different and people are having fun rallying behind the Jets. If diehards want to adopt a 2-word chant that gets shouted all of once per event, I say let them have it.

I don't shout it personally. I'm more of a 'Glorious and BLUE' kind of guy myself, and I have the sense to only shout that at Bomber games!

I'm thrilled to see our city taking pride in the Jets, even if the pride is excessive to some people. Losing the Jets dealt a major blow to the identity/ego of a lot of people in this city. I remember feeling like we got wiped off the map after the Jets left. A lot of things have changed since then. We've got something good going here, the city feels different and people are having fun rallying behind the Jets. If diehards want to adopt a 2-word chant that gets shouted all of once per event, I say let them have it.

I don't shout it personally. I'm more of a 'Glorious and BLUE' kind of guy myself, and I have the sense to only shout that at Bomber games!

Here in Kelowna I cringe when the Rockets play a US team because every time, without fail, the crowd has to yell "Rockets" during the part of the US anthem that goes "Rockets red glare". Back in the early 2000's they had a goalie named "Guard" so they had to yell "guard" all the time too during the Canadian anthem. So I yell "True North" just to mix things up.

Yeah - totally with ya bud!! Right on - all you people who left can suck it!