Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

I would recommend on not getting your news from the dirty.

So any chance Myers gets flipped? I missed most of the press conference.

Stafford on Sportsnet seemed not to excited about coming here, I assume he's gone after the season.

I dont read the Dirty.  But when looking into the terrible rumour, it all traced back to a post there.

I would hope Stafford isnt upset about coming here.  He went from the worst team in the NHL to a team in the playoffs where he will be given every opportunity to find his game and contribute.  Maybe he's just in shock.  or he was hoping it would be a cup contender he'd go to.  Chevy sure makes it sound like he wants to keep Stafford beyond this season.

Cant see Myers going.  he has a long contract with great terms.  Huddy will mold him into his full potential.  Myers could be a lifer.

Reported now that Buff is back on D as of tomorrow night.

Also, Lemieux tweeted how excited he was to be traded to Winnipeg.  im sure he's heard good things from Dale and he actually played with Scheif.

Get ready for the Ehlers-Scheif-Armia line for the next decade.

Craig Button calls Lemieux a "lock to be a second line power forward"...  he also considers our prospects "#1 in the league"...that's pretty exciting... Hope Meyers works out, if we can rejuvenate his potential and get a good player with the 1st rounder this could be a land-slide trade... 

Not really surprised that Buffalo was the team if the Jets were going to make a trade during the season. Everyone knows they are tanking to get #1 pick this year - just like last year. So trade some players for a guy who won't even play this season? Works for them.

Will miss both Kane and Bogo but trade looks good from initial discovery.

Craig Button calls Lemieux a "lock to be a second line power forward"...  he also considers our prospects "#1 in the league"...that's pretty exciting... Hope Meyers works out, if we can rejuvenate his potential and get a good player with the 1st rounder this could be a land-slide trade... 

Craig Button would know!

Where are all these prospects going to fit in?  great problem to have.

A stunningly good trade for the Jets.

Yesterday, I gave kudos to Walters for hitting  a home run "out of the park" for the day he had as GM.

Today, kudos to Cheveldayoff for hitting one out of the park…and it was a Grand Slam!

1 - moving Kane 

2 - getting value now

3 - getting value for the future

4 - ending the endless proposed trade rumours involving Kane.

Craig Button would know!

We're still at the point that we desperately need more pro-aged prospects in the system.  Look at how it is right now... there are basically no realistic call-up options in St. John's, especially at forward.  Plenty of room for more good young players in the organization still.

Craig Button would know!

We're still at the point that we desperately need more pro-aged prospects in the system.  Look at how it is right now... there are basically no realistic call-up options in St. John's, especially at forward.  Plenty of room for more good young players in the organization still.

Where is ODell these days?

Buffalo fans not too happy.  Consensus is Winnipeg won the trade by a mile.  When the trade was first proposed I see comments from people saying jets would have to add a lot and people calling it a "NHL15 trade". 

But lets be honest, Kane is the most talented piece in the deal right now and could be the best piece when all is said and done.  Thats up to him.  Bogo might be better than Myers right now but Myers has more upside I'd say and has the size to be more of a difference-maker.  But again, thats up to him.

The proposed pairings are:

Chiarot-Buff

Enstrom-Trouba

Stuart-Myers

Myers has been playing big minutes on a bad team and looked the part.  I would strongly suspect this is an opportunity for him to improve in a better system with more support in a "lesser" role for now.  Stuart will be a big help in that regard.

Caps have had an up/down season for sure.  It happens.  If they had Lowry and Chiarot they'd be happier.

O'dell is okay but probably not going to be good enough to be an everyday NHLer.

Armia is 21 and pretty close to NHL ready.  I'd look for him to make the team out of camp if not get an opportunity this season depending on how things go.  I wonder if he's strong enough and defensively sound enough to get a look on the 4th line with Slater/Thorburn?

I had hoped Klingberg would make it.  Telegin probably would have.

Still need a LW this season.  Halischuk was servicable and he's done.  If Thorbs is your answer at 3rd line, then the question you're asking isnt a good one.

Unless we get major injuries, would be surprised to see Armia up this year.

Without seeing first hand what he can do with this team and system, it is risky to bring him up this late in the season and burn a year of eligibility.

Without seeing first hand what he can do with this team and system, it is risky to bring him up this late in the season and burn a year of eligibility.

How does this work for someone like Armia? What years are we burning?

Sorry I'm a noob at NHL contract stuff.

How does this work for someone like Armia? What years are we burning?

Sorry I'm a noob at NHL contract stuff.

Actually, it probably doesn’t affect Armia as much as I forgot he is already playing the minors.

For Junior players, the magic number is 9.  If they play 10 games in the NHL, they burn 1 year of their 3 year entry level contract.  So if you have an 18 / 19 year old player who you think will be sent back down to juniors, you don’t want to play him that 10th game in a season, or you burn one year of that cheap entry level deal.

The bigger one would be the 40th game.  If a player plays 40 NHL games, then he has accrued one year of service towards the seven years required to become an UFA.   We are far enough along that there aren’t 40 games left in the season.  What I don’t know is if playoffs count towards those 40.

Also, Armia is 21, and you become a UFA at either 7 years of NHL or at the age of 27.    He hasn't burnt any RFA years yet, but because of his age, it doesn't matter if we burn one now.  He will be a UFA at 27 regardless.

If he is ready, bring him up!

Deleted a bunch of posts in here regarding the rumors of Bogosian.

Thought it would just die on its own, but apparently people like to keep arguing rumours that they themselves posted as probably being false.

It is one thing to have open discussion on a message board, it is quite another to propagate unfounded rumors and gossip.

Thought it would just die on its own, but apparently people like to keep arguing rumours that they themselves posted as probably being false.

It is one thing to have open discussion on a message board, it is quite another to propagate unfounded rumors and gossip.

Im very anti-censorship but i agree with this.  Bogo served us well.  Why rehash old garbage now?  Good luck to Bogo!

Thanks shanks!

Glad we can have open discussions as long as they follow the opinions of the mods on here!

I wasn't aware that we can rip on Kane , the Riders, Joe Mack or anyone not on the blue or Jets but if we bring up topics that do have a hint of truth about our guys we have to put our heads in the sand.

Or we can have mods who mock or rip on fellow posters because they disagree with none of those posts or threads deleted.

This feels like ob.com 2.0 at times.

I like the site but remember the downfall of ob was partially because of mods trying to shape all discussions to whatever they want to hear.

Buffalo fans not too happy.  Consensus is Winnipeg won the trade by a mile.  When the trade was first proposed I see comments from people saying jets would have to add a lot and people calling it a "NHL15 trade".

But lets be honest, Kane is the most talented piece in the deal right now and could be the best piece when all is said and done.  Thats up to him.  Bogo might be better than Myers right now but Myers has more upside I'd say and has the size to be more of a difference-maker.  But again, thats up to him.

The proposed pairings are:

Chiarot-Buff

Enstrom-Trouba

Stuart-Myers

Myers has been playing big minutes on a bad team and looked the part.  I would strongly suspect this is an opportunity for him to improve in a better system with more support in a "lesser" role for now.  Stuart will be a big help in that regard.

May be the fact that Kane is unavailable to play until next year. This makes it difficult for a fan who follows their Sabres to feel they received something good in return. As Kane/Meyers were the central figures, no instant 'gratification' for Sabres fans so to speak.

Not a huge fan of moving out Bogo at this point in the season but I do like the trade overall.

Hate losing Bogosian, but I'll keep reminding myself that we have to give up something to get something.

The Jets were never going to use Kasdorf, so using him to grease the wheels was a good idea.  Bogosian and Kane were both top 4 picks, so this isn't highway robbery on our part, not even close.  I'd probably give the whole thing a thumbs down without Armia included, but he tips this whole thing into the win column.