Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

Myers is a cap hit of 5.5M

He makes $5M this year and next.  Then goes down to 4, 3.5 and 3.

Bogo is a cap hit of 5.132M.  Makes $4M this year then up to 5.25, 5.25, 5.5 and 6

Kane is a cap hit of 5.25M. Makes $6M this year and the remaining years on his contract.

Stafford makes $4M this year.

Does this open up enough cash to re-sign Frolik?

Found Stafford $4million (Buffalo retains half)

Myers is $5.5 Million for three more years (expiring 2019).

Kane was $5.15 (real cash was $6 million)

Can't remember Bogo though.  But we likely saved a few million moving forward.

We also have the nice problem of a glut of prospects in the next 1-3 years (Ehlers, Petan, Copp, Lemiuex, Armia, Kossy).  and lets not forget Burmi.

if Stafford works out, I wouldnt be opposed to trying to resign him (and Frolik) too.

Myers is a cap hit of 5.5M

He makes $5M this year and next.  Then goes down to 4, 3.5 and 3.

Bogo is a cap hit of 5.132M.  Makes $4M this year then up to 5.25, 5.25, 5.5 and 6

Kane is a cap hit of 5.25M. Makes $6M this year and the remaining years on his contract.

Stafford makes $4M this year.

Does this open up enough cash to re-sign Frolik?

Bogo was that much?  wow.  Makes this deal look even better.

What I really like about this deal is its a so-called "hockey deal" that helps both teams.  it's an honest deal between these two GM's.  Kane is going to get the first line minutes he wants with a very talented center next season.  Bogo becomes their number 1 D man.  Buffalo as a top forward and top D to build around.  Good for them.

And ... I hope Kane is happy in the wonderful metropolis of Buffalo  :)

Not that there is anything wrong with Buffalo, just have always got the feeling Kane wants to really be in one of the big cities.

What chance is there that Kane is still traded again?

What chance is there that Kane is out of the league in 5 years?

Not that there is anything wrong with Buffalo, just have always got the feeling Kane wants to really be in one of the big cities.

Yeah i wonder how he feels.  Thats about the worst place to go if you want to be in a big hip city.  But I guess its closer to home.  We'll see how he matures in three years.  He will have every opportunity there with some talented players (coming).  If he still goes to UFA in three years then it says everything about it.  We shall see.

Jets end up with a ton of cap space for next season.

Yeah i wonder how he feels.  Thats about the worst place to go if you want to be in a big hip city.  But I guess its closer to home.  We'll see how he matures in three years.  He will have every opportunity there with some talented players (coming).  If he still goes to UFA in three years then it says everything about it.  We shall see.

Time to look at a map lol

What chance is there that Kane is still traded again?

Immediately? Doubt it. Perhaps maybe when he wears out his welcome/requests a trade - Whatever comes first.

Time to look at a map lol

Whoops, meant closer to big markets (like New York) lol  brainfart.

So those of you that peruse Buffalo forums, how's this going with their fans?  The little i've seen is, they dont like it as much as we do...and they hate losing those prospects, which is good for us.

http://fans.sabres.nhl.com/community/topic/45998-trade-day/

Two replies in there so far LOL and they don't like the trade ...

So those of you that peruse Buffalo forums, how's this going with their fans? The little i've seen is, they dont like it as much as we do...and they hate losing those prospects, which is good for us.

http://fans.sabres.nhl.com/community/topic/45998-trade-day/

Two replies in there so far LOL and they don't like the trade ...

Why would they. Chevy hosed them. Myers stafford at 2 million retained. 2 prospects and a 1st. That's crazy.

Well not to stir **** up but the rumour was that bogo and trouba were roommates and had drug related issues this season. Maybe this might of been a factor.

Good lord. Please think before typing. That was not a rumour. It was a post on the dirty. And it was wrong.

To be fair to Brandon (and I hate garbage rumors more than anyone, trust me) I heard the same thing from 3 different people in 3 different settings. That said, I still think it's utter BS.